Support needed

JessCa

Hi all,
I just signed up here today I'm Jess. I joined slimming world quite a few weeks ago and im actually finding it very difficult. ive lost a total of 5lbs it was 7 but ive put a few back on. i keep having bad days and its getting me really down. I have social anxiety so i dont attent the groups and have joined online. But I cant seem to not have bad days its been two months now and i should have stuck to it and lost at least a stone, ive read peoples awesome stories. I need some advice and support on how to kick awful bad days away its very upsetting.

Hi! I'm also doing SW online. :) I motivate myself by setting small milestones/goals. I have short term goals and longterm goals. For example, at Christmas I'm going to be seeing some family I haven't seen in a while and I'm a lot bigger now than I was the last time I saw them so I'm focusing on losing as much as possible before I see them again. After that I've got a weekend away to focus on etc etc. Lots of little goals, all the way to my wedding in 2018 and a holiday to Florida in 2019 for my daughters 21st. I find this really helps.

Thank you wolf ☺ I have a work christmas do coming up on the 16th of Dec so im trying to lose as much as possible by then. if i stick to slimmimg world 100% until then i hope to lose at least half a stone

Hi all,
I just signed up here today I'm Jess. I joined slimming world quite a few weeks ago and im actually finding it very difficult. ive lost a total of 5lbs it was 7 but ive put a few back on. i keep having bad days and its getting me really down. I have social anxiety so i dont attent the groups and have joined online. But I cant seem to not have bad days its been two months now and i should have stuck to it and lost at least a stone, ive read peoples awesome stories. I need some advice and support on how to kick awful bad days away its very upsetting.

What do you mean by bad days? Emotionally, food wise etc?

I mean eating junk food but you could also say i have bad emotinal days too but for this i mean junk foods

First of all, give yourself a break over what's happened. By telling yourself things like 'should have stuck to it' and 'should have lost more by now' is probably going to make you feel even worse about the situation and not motivate you to keep going. You've done well losing those 5lbs and keeping them off. You've also done well in recognising you need help and asking for it. So be kind to yourself.

I've struggled the last few weeks, mainly because I've felt so overwhelmed by how much I want to lose. But I've kept going, kept being kind to myself and now I feel like I've ridden the storm to the other side!

Have a think about what has caused you to go off plan. Has is been due to not having SW friendly options available to eat at home or while out? Have you had nights out etc and ended up over your syns or has it been eating your emotions etc. Then once you've thought about why, think about how you can do things differently next time. Like make sure there's plenty of SW friendly food available at home, have somehealthy snacks with you and maybe whip up some meals in advance so you've got something to make quick and easy. If you know you've got events coming up, could you save your syns for them? Or if it's emotional reasons, is there another way you could deal with the situation? Or if you do want something, have low syn things to hand that won't do as much damage?

It's not an exhaustive list but hopefully gives you some ideas for things to think about moving forwards. You can do this, believe in yourself.

Thanks Caroline 1980. One of my main reasons for going off plan is because I am a fussy eater, there is so much food I dont like. i.e. any kind of cheese, lots of fruit and veg wich im allergic to so i find it hard to find fruit i can eat and lots more. plus when my husband sugests take out i hate saying no to him. then on the weekend we dont have much food in cause its been eaten through the week. i feel im full of excuses and it brings me down. ive lost a little more weight but then put a bit back on cause of the weekend

Back