Support

squilookle

Hi All,

I have joined the site mostly because my partner has recently started lipotrim and I am trying to support her in any way I can. If anyone can give me any advice on how and what I can do I would be very grateful. Also anything I should look out for anything I should/ should not do, as I don't know what its like to be going through this diet only from her account and seeing others posts on here about it. But any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I had a look around the internet in general and around this site, and I found quite a few threads helpful. In particular it has really helped to see what others are going through and read their perspectives on what it is like. She posts here and I know she has found the forum very helpful too.

I do currently need to lose weight myself and am considering lipotrim as my partner has recommended it and is seeing great results with it, but I am currently not sure if it is the right thing for me to do. My weight has been fluctuating for years between about 12 and 16 stone - I'm close to the 16 stone mark at the minute - and I'm usually able to lose it fairly easily through other methods when I try.

I think the very fact that you joined and are asking how to be supportive shows how supportive you are. Just be nice to her, if she's like me she'll prob be a but grumpy on it at times.

My husband is being really supportive and it really helps. He tells me how well I'm doing and that I'm looking healthier by the day.

If she feels like quitting ever, just remind her why she started in the first place. Also if you fancy join ing her you should, there are a few couples on the forum, and I'm sure it would be nice to have someone doing the diet too.

I think it sounds like you are being supportive already! I've plotted some practical things below that my other half did to help me out.....if it helps you.

For the first three weeks my other half didn't drink wine in front of me, which helped a lot. He would also buy food that I didn't like - so that I didn't sit there with my mouth watering whilst he ate. We cooked his dinner at the same time I had my soup in the eve and we ate together.

He also didn't want to tell me when he was going out to eat and drink as he thought it would make me feel as if I was missing out but that was silly. After the first couple of weeks I was fine with him eating whatever he liked and the fact that he thought about those things listed above I found very supportive!

He also never moaned about not going out in the first week whilst I got used to it which helped as i didn't feel too guilty about him missing out on his social life!

He was also praised my ability to stick to it and appreciated how difficult it was at the beginning!

I think it's fab that you've joined to support your other half! I hope this helps :)

Your doing well by helping, just ask if there are any questions that you need answering

Back