Supporting each other - Eating/Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LipoLisa

No longer a redhead though!
Hi, thought I would start this thread as I have spotted that a few on here (me included) are having, even planning to deal with a 'night off'.

For whatever reason be it family events or like me just want to go out with the girlies and let my hair down with them we can feel stronger and more supported when we share our stories.

My full journey leading up to this coming Friday can be found on a thread titles 'bit contentious' so I am planning for this the best way that suits me.

I will be eating some protein on Thursday night, then on Friday day eating some Carbs to kick me out of ketosis as we all know it is not safe to be in ketosis and have alcohol.

I've now been asked out on a date for Thursday night and I had intended on being home and eating an omlette with sweetcorn but now this new date has invited me out for a meal - so I'll pick my food wisely at the restaurant instead.

On the Friday instead of 'making a meal of it' I have decided to have something just for the purpose rather then enjoying so gone is the planned steak and trimmings and now am going to have some pasta and plainish tinned tomatoes.

Feel free to share your 'blip' and use this space as support rather than a lecture.

x LipoLisa x

I can't believe how many posts there are on 'nights out', 'refeeding for Easter' etc.. Is it like this around Christmas time too?
Nobody wants to break their LT diet, including myself and honestly if I had just started my LT journey or even half way through I would NOT stop TFR for anyone but I am near goal and I will address the added pounds (if any, hopefully not) when I get back on TFR next week.

Join with me if you are eating sometime soon and getting 'Back to it' after the event. We can all share our stories like Lisa said.

Good luck on your date!! Hope it goes well xx

Don't want to 'lecture' but do you guys not think that every single time you've tried to diet there has always been something in the way: easter/christmas/family events ..............

There will always be something in our way of a diet that we'll have to deal with and if you feel as if you can't do these things without food and drink then so be it but really think about it, its probably down to these 'reasons' that many of us got to the size and weight we are/were.

Summergurl.... :| you really need to get down off your high horse

I was on week 9 of LT, and I decided to do 2 weeks of re-feed before continuing to lose the rest of my weight, as I was starting to get bored, so I did, and I gained something like half a pound in those two weeks, which I have already lost since re-starting LT (almost done my first week again)

A small break isn't a world breaking thing, we all have different reasons for different things, because you don't agree with them don't mean they are wrong and your replies are REALLY patronising sometimes :|

Excuse me, no need for rudeness. Im on no high horse.

Breaks - fair one, but where in that post did i mention a break was 'wrong'. Each to their own but my point is to really think about it when it comes to events as there is always something that will get in the way of someone trying to diet.

Lipotrim is great for losing the weight but really doesnt prepare you mentally for the after from my own experience which is why im stating think about it.

Excuse me, no need for rudeness. Im on no high horse.

Breaks - fair one, but where in that post did i mention a break was 'wrong'. Each to their own but my point is to really think about it when it comes to events as there is always something that will get in the way of someone trying to diet.

Lipotrim is great for losing the weight but really doesnt prepare you mentally for the after from my own experience which is why im stating think about it.

Yep I agree. I can't believe how many people want to break the diet for one reason or another. I refed properly for my holiday last year and got straight back on, but here I am again after not getting my head straight. Excuses excuses excuses. When I was doing this last year, I can't remember any of this stuff goin on. What's happening to everybody?

Same here Nenya - when i was on it i think i mustve only seen like 1 or 2 people breaking the diet for a planned night etc

Im merely trying to get across my experience in the hope of helping some of yous.

We are having a works night out at the end of April and I have long been looking forward to it. Gorgeous food and drinks on the house (bargain!) and it is also our "leaving" do as we were taken over so its a poignient time and I really don't want to be on just water the whole evening. I don't want to be a slobbering drunk either but just want to let my hair down and party a bit!

So knowing I have to do a refeed first was a bit scary. I suddenly thought "Oh my God I'm going to start eating and suddenly put on weight!!" Then I thought perhaps I can just eat on the night and it'll be ok. But I know I will want to have a couple of drinks and after reading the tips on drinking whilst in ketosis I realised that doing that would be incredibly stupid.

So I then started reading peoples refeed diaries and maintenance diaries to get an idea of what the refeed week would be like. I must admit I'm glad I did as I feel much better about doing a proper refeed before my night out. After all it's going to be things like salad and skinless chicken breast etc so it's sensible and healthy. So I don't know why it scared me in the first place!

I will know in a couple of weeks when I begin my refeed! I'm so looking forward to it now!

The thing is, is life goes on. Nobody wants to break their diet but situations come up that make you make a decision and it is their decision. Im lucky because once i put my mind to something, I stick to it. I lost alot of weight for my wedding a year and a half ago and I had maintained up until we had to move out of our house and into my mums with our 3 kids so we didn't lose our home and that was last September. Thats why Im back, because Im your typical comfort eater!!

I think that some people do have the willpower to have a weekend off and accept the consequences.
This is a support network for all kinds of people with all different lifestyles. I feel for people that have worked so so hard, stuck to it 100%, but unfortunatly, put alot of weight back on through going back to their old eating habbits.

I find having a night out does me more good than bad as it shows me that I can control what I eat and drink...

If it bothers anyone, then just dont comment!x

This is a support network for all kinds of people with all different lifestyles.

rhian can i just say i really liked this point u made. im currently of two minds myself about easter and will be discussing it with my pharmasist but i think its actually very important to have both sides of the coin discusses on here. how many times have people been on a diet and just said ah sure ill have one of something it wont hurt and a friends says ah ya go on cos their ur friend, its not always helpful. wat i do like about being on here is that even if my views are conflicting with others at least i can weight them all up before deciding of course im right :p so thanks everyone and i think all points made here are very importants and keep them coming

The thing is, is life goes on.

I find having a night out does me more good than bad as it shows me that I can control what I eat and drink...

If it bothers anyone, then just dont comment!x

Well said!!:D

I know i was getting in a state when i was overweight as my confidence has gone and i was making up loads of excuses not to go out, money, no babysitter etc but really the only reason was i felt massive!
Losing the weight gave me my confidence back and even though i still haven't reached goal i am actually loving my life now and i go out if i can not alot but when i do i have a good time and drink and i eat if i want to. For me personally i think, What's the point in me losing weight if i still stay in and hide away. AND YES i know i DON'T have to drink but i LIKE IT !:D:D

I know it is taking me longer to lose the weight by doing this but having a life for me makes it worth the wait. At this min in time i am 12st 1lb, that's the lowest i have been since having DS 5yrs ago so i am over the moon.
I know some of you have got to goal by doing it by the book and well done to you BUT everyone is different and we should all be able to do it our own way with no one being negative.:)

Am biting my tongue big time here and I think I'll go out before coming back. I set this thread up for the people that have made the conscious decision to deal with a night out or weekend. Obviously arriving at that decision was one part of the process and being adult will have looked at themselves and the potential pitfalls - and still made the decision that suits them.

This was a thread for support for those decisions made not ....

right need to go out!

Lisa x

Yes, Mollypop, it is great to have both coins of the situation discussed, as it was on my 'Bit Contentious' thread. But this thread was meant for 'support' only and follow up discussions about how it went. Summergurl has thrown it completely off track now which is a shame.

Am definitely going out now...

Lisa x

Have a fantastic weekend Lisa!! Please post how it went and dont let this get to you. Start a new thread if need be hun xx

I would like to say that I am going to have a night off LT but not untill the 12th June! It's my brother-in-laws wedding and I have made the huge (to me it's huge) decision to go as having alot of problems with the in-laws over the last 3 or so years things are starting to get better so now I am looking forward to going to the wedding instead of making myself ill with the stress and worry of it all.

I know it's not untill June but I do honestly feel that will be the right time for me and will make the whole day more peasurable, as they are not getting married untill 3pm I can still have my 2 LT flapjacks and just have the evening off. I can honestly say I am not really fussed about alcohol so that side of it dosen't bother me but for one evening I would like to look great and feel great.

I dont think it's fair for people to come onto this thread and be negative as said before it was set up for support and we all need that no matter what our personal circumstances.

I have overcome so so much this last couple of months....facing up to my weight problem instead of just getting bigger.....admitting that I have been depressed for a very long time and needed help and being strong enough to face the family problems that can and have caused my hubby and I so much stress in the last few years.

Starting LT has and will change my life for the better so having an evening off for the wedding is not going to kill me. I am going to look amazing and feel it.

So thank you lipolisa for starting this thread.

x

Dont you get it, i am offering support by showing you the other side.

Im not meaning it to be negative and like i have said its your diet you wana break then go for it but im just saying look at it like any other diet, there's always something in the way. Im telling you from experience, and even after LT it doesnt change if you dont start trying to address it. Thats the mistake i made so i am trying to help yous lot out by showing you the other side and by no means did i mean it to be negative but simply putting it out there. After all this is a public forum and everyones opinion should be appreciated :)

Yeah I do understand what your point is but everyone is going to have their own experiences throughout this diet so all I think this thread is for is to give people the support for their decisions. Lisa has had a night out planned since she started this diet so her decision was to have a planned 'blip' and all she wanted was to get some support for her decision.

I honestly understand that your just trying to put what you would do if you were in their situation but if everyone was put in the same situation, everyones opinion would be slightly different. The world would be a borrrring place if everyone was the same!!

I think you have done amazing on this diet and so have alot of other people but like you say, its a support site so if you dont agree with a thread, then just ignore it xxx

Summergurl, I hear what you are saying. However, as I said initially this thread is for support. You have made it perfectly clear that you do not support 'planned blips' on LT so therefore anything further you have to say is not supportive.

I listened to all your good advice on my 'Bit Contencious' thread and took it on board. I do feel that you don't actually listen to people. As previously mentioned I never ever planned to do a total re-feed, I gave reasons why and you ignored that aspect.

Lisa x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back