"supportive" friends

Hee hee we likes to be evangelical about it, and I freely admit I am

ask me a year ago if I ever thought I could survive on 600kcals a day, I would have thought them cranks and said no way
but who'd have thought it eh?

After I has types my , er, rant below, I went upstairs to an area I haven't been to for ages( I lurve to email, lol) and I got stopped by one person asking how I had lost weight, then on return to my desk, find 2 more emails from 2 other ladies asking what my secret was!!!
:D

Good evening ladies, while I sit and read your posts I try to put myself in your shoes and keep this diet a secret. I know it is probably different for men but no amount of lying or trying to keep things secret ever did me any good. If my friends do not approve then fine who cares, I am number one and I am doing this for me. I certainly do not preach to them how to eat and they should respect what I am doing. My folks are concerned, but are slowly coming round, I am big enough and ugly enough to take care of myself.Why would I care what others thought, it is not going to stop me from getting healthy again.
My gym arrived today and will put it up tomorrow, man it is a heavy piece of equipment. Look forward to starting the exersise

I understand why you have kept it quiet mark, it IS different for blokes
how will you explain when the weight drops off ?

As for the gym, you are starting a workout putting it together no doubt! Phew!

hehehe will there be left over nuts bolts and screws xx

Ha ha short, no what I am trying to say is I have not and will not keep it quiet and everyone who disapproves can voice there opinion and that is where it ends, i just do not care, I am doing this for me.

There is only one person in the world that would stop me from doing this diet if she was really concerned, would be my wife, and she would only do that if I started developing heart problems or something serious. No, this is about me and me making a better me.

She's my mates other half and despite being friends with him for years I've never actually met her. He has told me she can't stick to a diet and always claims after a few days that 'it doesn't work' or any other excuse. He's been on WW since last October and has lost 2 stone.
She's just like psychic Sally who was on telly last night with her gastric bypass journey. She claimed to have tried every diet and they all failed. I was yelling 'no you silly cow, the diet didn't fail you did' much to OH's amusement!
What she doesn't realise is she will have to stick to a liquid diet for a month after. Uhm .... isn't that what we're doing here?

found this miss mew xx
bet she hasn't factored this in...
You cannot bolt down food either. You are forced to eat slowly and to chew your food well.

Foods to be avoided are fatty meats such as bacon and well-marbled beef, anything containing refined sugars such as candy, chocolates, ice cream, sherbet, cakes, cookies etc
think of it though..most cereals are laced with sugar, juices, mmmmm big fat juicy steak... bacon and eggs one lazy sunday morning... no thanks I won't be giving that up...and I wont have too, as I would of learned how much is too much, and how to balance my diet.

Overeating - Almost all people who require gastric bypass surgery have had problems with overeating. The causes for this are complex, involving genetics, emotions, upbringing, and even the functions of the brain. None of this changes after bypass surgery, except that the stomach is now much smaller. Eating more than the new stomach can hold may cause vomiting, expansion of the pouch, weight gain, or even rupture of the stomach. Education, counseling, group support, and certain medications can help to prevent overeating and are just as important as diet to the success of the operation.
Common Side Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery

Last edited:
ohhh im so amused at certain people right now. I went to my single parent group yesterday and were doing a course called "feel the fear and do it anyway"....really good course....

Anywayyyy yesterday was our last day and part of the point was to build confidence, dont be questionable to people, do whats right for you and dont be judged or worry about it if you are...blah blah. so then they started handing round the cakes. i resisted, nibbling on my choc orange bar (yum) and the woman who leads the course said "oh your on one of those silly starvation diets.....why dont u just eat sensibly, and exercise....thats all u REALLY need to do" then launched herself into a big speech about how we should love who we are as people, not just based on looks, and going on about how we all want to be size zero.....when really we should be happy with who we are.

Contradiction right there. Try to teach us how to be more conident and not be judged by others or put down by others....then try and make me feel like an idiot for doin this. And mak my reasons for doing it sound so vain...im doing this to look better of course i am, but im aso doing it because my weight is seriously unhealthy and i have a 2 yr old to think about!

Lesson to be learnt....everyone is out to get us haha. Nah seriously though, from now on, no-one need know im on this diet, and if anyone asks what my bars etc are, they'll get told to mind there own business (and no u cant get a bit lol)

Hi again, you see, I have a very different take on this as you have probably read on previous replys on this post. These "people" need to be told to shut up and mind there own business. They obviously know nothing about the diet. If we do not stand up for ourselves with people like this then it will just carry on and on and on. They also obviously have no idea what we are going through. I know we are not all confrontational but you will be surprised our good it makes you feel. maybe all these types of people need is a little education.

'Silly starvation diet'!!!!
Silly, uninformed woman!!!!
Yes, sometimes it feels like we're starving but I bet our diet is better than hers nutrition wise lol.
I was questioned yesterday as to what I was struggling with whilst attemting to mix a choc shmousse at work. He then said 'ah must taste better than it looks' to which I replied 'yes it's lovely' and continued mixing. Fortunately he's a lovely chap and took it as a hint to go on his way :)

Hi again, you see, I have a very different take on this as you have probably read on previous replys on this post. These "people" need to be told to shut up and mind there own business. They obviously know nothing about the diet. If we do not stand up for ourselves with people like this then it will just carry on and on and on. They also obviously have no idea what we are going through. I know we are not all confrontational but you will be surprised our good it makes you feel. maybe all these types of people need is a little education.

YEA I agree with Mark

she had no right to say that. What if you had been prescribed this diet by your Doctor?
you should have a quiet word and tell her to stuff her opinions where the sun don't shine :8855:

Back