Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

I was gonna say that, make yourself some. It might not be quite the same, but at least it's something to munch on?!

I went back to see my CDC tonight.

Oh no I couldn't, urgh. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick. I've distracted myself with a long hot bath. I'm sure th craving will wear off, because it was Marmite on toast and Supernoodles a couple of weeks ago.

I've had my 3 shakes for the day, choc mint, choc tetra and vanilla mousse, had ss+ day and had chicken too, to satisfy my savoury cravings. I can't believe that I'm not craving chocolate and sweet things, thats really not like me at all. I used to have such a sweet tooth but not anymore, I'd rather have proper food instead. Healthy food as well not just junk.

At lunch time my friend had a jacket potato with beans (she's on SW) and I was almost drooling lol. It looked so good!! I can't wait to be able to have jacket potatoes again, I miss them, amongst other things.

I went back to see my CDC tonight.

How did you get on? Are you going to do it for a week and see how you get on with it? What did she say? So many questions, like an interrogation lol.

Well, I picked up a weeks worth. I haven't promised her or myself anything, just got to try to get through Day 3, which is when I always cheat. Just as I get in ketosis! She offered to call me during the day on day 3, but I declined. Said it's only me that can break the habit.

Picked up some tetras as I cant stick the soups or porridge. And can't mix up the shakes at work, so figured tetras are worth a shot!

I was 2lbs up, but official weigh in isn't until Wednesday, so two days to turn it around.

Yeah, I think thats the right approach to have, just take it as it comes. Day 4 seems to be my danger day, so thats tomorrow for me...eeek....but so close to WI I'm not going to cheat, I need to carry this on past WI without cheating. Since my little rebellion I just think about food all the time, so I've done myself noooo favours at all.

Just take each day as it comes and see how you get on, no pressure. And don't go near the scales lol. Good luck xx

I can't not go near the scales! God forbid! I need to know I haven't put on...I'm a little obsessed. Maybe I should ask Scott to hide the scales in the loft or something? I would only use the wii instead though :(

The scales are where I go wrong on day 4. I can avoid them easily for the first 3 days because I know not much will have happened, then on day 4 I get on, low and behold I've lost some weight so I celebrate, and have to start all over again. I did this for weeks until I realised what I was doing. It's sooo hard to keep away from them though. They call my name in the mornings. Now I go on every day for reassurance, but the first few days back on track I try to stay away from them.

I weigh every morning without fail. As soon as I've been for a pee..lol!

Then last thing at night, when I've been for a pee..haha!

I weigh before I pee then after lol...I daren't weigh on a night because I hate seeing that I've put on during the day, which doesn't really help me when it comes to WI and I get weighed on the Scales of Doom in the evening :-(

Thats why I weigh in the evening, so I know what Im looking at for official weigh in! Also, if I weigh the same in the evening as I did in the morning (doesnt happen very often) I know Im in for a weight lose by the morning.

Hmmm, never thought of it like that, very good point!!! I'm off to get weighed... then I think I should probably go to bed because I didn't sleep very well last night.... I'll catch up with you tomorrow xx

I've asked Scott to put my scales in the loft. Night night x

good luck with WI surfhunny!

I've struggled to get all my water down me today, I've still got 750mls to go. When I'm working in the operating theatres I can't just nip out to the loo, so I have had to be careful about the amount of water I drink during the day. So now I have to get the rest of it down me pretty sharpish or I'll be up all night. Something I could do without at the moment because I'm soo tired.

I'm a bit scared for WI tomorrow, I've got a horrible feeling I'm heading for another STS. I think if it tomorrow and then again next week, I'm going to have to think again about doing CD... We'll see though, can't tell for sure until I step onto the Scales of Doom at 6pm tomorrow, duh duh duuuuuuuuurm!

Right now I'm just sitting on the sofa watching my 2 favourite programmes, Supersize vs Superskinny and Heston's Feast. I think that I learn a lot from watching Supersize, it's easy to see how people get the way they do (fat or skinny). Food is such a powerful thing. It's either your best friend or your worst enemy. It's the answer to all your problems and the cause of all you problems all at the same time. Food for thought!?!

I found out something interesting today.... I felt absolutely starving today, my tummy was growling loud enough for people to hear and it sparked a conversation off. We were talking about hunger pains, and that knawing empty feeling. The surgeon told us that the so called hunger pains are not actually a sign of hunger at all, it's caused by acid in the stomach. Usually its at a time when you happen hungry, so it becomes associated with hunger, but it isn't actually a sign of hunger! This has explained a lot for me, because I often get that starving hunger pain after I've eaten... leading me to believe that I'm still hungry - but I'm not. It's my stomach acids getting to work on it's contents, I usually find that if I just sit it out it goes away fairly quickly, but the temptation to feed my stomach to take away the pain is huge. But now I know it's not real hunger at all, it's just that I've come to associate hunger with the pains. Amazing, so glad I had a growly tummy this morning!!

Hi hun you been ss ??

im feeling low today i STS again, it really knocks you back sometimes really could cry.!!

Ohh well that's life xx

Oh boo Shanny, that sucks!!! I know how you feel. Keep strong though chicken, you can do it!!

Sorry to hear about your STS Shanny, you have done fantastic though and you have so little to loose now. Are you doing 810?

Surf very interesting about the hunger pains?
Hope tomorrow goes well. Good luck xx

Just incase anyone has noticed a change in my ticker, I haven't actually just had a big loss, I just can't count, I changed my scales into lbs and this was what they said 187lbs, so I've changed my tickers etc because they're in lbs not stones. Maybe I could kid myself into thinking its a real loss...

Afternoon missy, how has your day been. We both face the scales of doom at the same time. I will be staying on at SW for class though, so won't be home and posting until gone 8pm.

You're so dedicated to stay on plan. If I had two weeks STS (not saying that you will) and had worked so hard, then I would def be thinking about a different course of action. I know you say that if you can't lose on CD then you can't lose on anything. But that might no the the case. You might have just come to the end of the road with CD?!

But hopefully the scales will be done and your faith will be restored! Good luck :)

Back