Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

people shouldn't rely on overtime as it can go! how you doing? i've got weigh in today. think i've STS. just not trying hard enough. i need to kick these 10lbs now. i should do 3 weeks 810 and it will be almost gone!

I know people have even got mortgages based on their overtime. One of the guys even got our boss to sign a statement saying that the overtime is guaranteed. It's crazy, why would you do that??? Especially ad there's been talk of shifts for the last 5 years or so, it's not like it's a surprise!

After last night I welcome them!! We have no support staff on after 1am so I was run ragged just answering the phones for ages, nothing got done because the phone wouldn't stop ringing, it was horrific, and it reminded why I hate nights so much!!!

And I guess I should be honest and admit I fell off the 100% wagon spectacularly last night!! My 3 packs were just not enough to last me 24 hours and I was struggling to work, excuses excuses I know.... As you'll ve well aware from earlier posts there is NOTHING healthy to eat in the hospital so I ate junk boo me :(

Get back to it surf! Next time be prepared with some chicken or packs etc.

I STS!

Hi Sal,

I totally get how you feel off the wagon, but Nikki's advice was sound: you should probably bring something with you next time.

I know, I usually take extras when I'm on the long 21 hour shift, just didn't give it a thought last night. Never mind, what's done is done, back to it!!

i'm promising myself i'll do it 100% on the 810 this week. fresh day tomorrow!

Also meant to say..... Pauline has the bigger gym at JC now so you should be fine there for a spot! She started at the friarage in Northallerton tonight too!

Thanks Nikki!!! I think a few of the girls at work would like to go too.

I'm sick as a chip this morning, just got into work this morning and the nursing sister has already had a go at me, while I was standing in my underwear. It's inappropriate and annoying!!! Especially when its beyond my control the things she was having a go about grrrrr!!!!

I know, I usually take extras when I'm on the long 21 hour shift, just didn't give it a thought last night. Never mind, what's done is done, back to it!!

BIG CREDIT for the "oh well" and future planning.

I'm sick as a chip this morning, just got into work this morning and the nursing sister has already had a go at me, while I was standing in my underwear. It's inappropriate and annoying!!! Especially when its beyond my control the things she was having a go about grrrrr!!!!

Sorry to hear you are poorly... and you have got to be kidding me. I think I would I have said, "Could you please wait until I am properly attired before speaking with me about anything." Some people!

Thanks Mel, i'm not actually sick as in ill, more like fed up, with nursing sisters little tyrade first thing this morning. She catches me every morning in the locker room and it annoys me, I try not to let her wind me up but tis morning she tipped me over the edge, having a go at me while I was in my smalls. Especially as the things she was having a go about are completely beyond my control and I cant influence them in any way. She will not listen to that though and expects me to act on her whining!! I told her to take it up with senior management and it was beyond my pay grade lol. I heard that on a tv programme, it worked a bit to shut her up.

Thanks for your concern though x

oh surf..... i've had a terribly stressful time with the kids. e.g - was driving home from DLs after ems swimming lesson took me 30 mins cause of traffic and i was getting poked in the back of the head by matthew with the stick off his free asda balloon. i grabbed it off him them ems started teasing him with hers so i grabbed that too. by this time dude was crying, this went on for 20 mins. i just wanted to pull the car over and lock it up and walk away for a bit. my diet was going ok til that point. :( never going to get this weight off at this weight. have had 4 biscuits. have a horrid tickly cough too. just feel like i want to get ratted. so today's food is...... 1 cd shake, 1 bar, 1 salad and cottage cheese, pack of quorn ham and the dam bisc.

Hi Sal,

I told her to take it up with senior management and it was beyond my pay grade lol.

Good for you... I love this!

@Nikki --

I feel your pain. It does get better as they get older, in some ways at least. I do not know how many times my mother pulled over and line us up along the car (as if she was a cop and doing a pat down) and would just smack all four bums and then tell us if we cried, "I'll give you a reason to cry, if you don't stop." She's probably get arrested for doing that today, but she raised decent citizens -- and with d^mn little help from my father.

Mel

Ah Nikki sounds really stressful!! I thought I had it rough this morning with Little E and Baby J running rings round me at the travel agent while trying to book our Florida holiday! Hope tomorrow brings calmer children and less stress x

Morning Sal --

Happy Thursday.

Don't tell the kids where I am hiding will you ;)

Don't tell the kids where I am hiding will you ;)

I won't! And, you are welcomed to come and hide over here. They don't drive, yet! ;)

My mom used to use a match book (paper one) to wedge the kitchen door shut (it didn't lock), and she would make herself a cup of tea, turn up the radio to some station with soft jazz and tell us that she could hear us over the radio we were "picking a switch". She just needed that 30 minutes of quiet time not to lose it completely.

She had four daughters born within six years and no husband! When they were married he was always away (in the forces) and when she left him and moved near her mother for help -- it didn't work because of the "I told you so's, etc." She finally cut off contact with everyone for a couple of years and worked on learning how to cope. It wasn't easy for any of us, but we managed.

It gets better... it does!

<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>

I'm such a loser!! I've just had a little binge, not massive by any means but totally unnecessary none the less :( I have no excuse other than that it's my TOTM. I'm feeling totally sick now and my stomac is killing my from TOTM pains too, serves me right!!! :cry:

Here is my list of sins :eek:
2 chicken burgers (no buns)
1 ginsters pasty
1 small tub of Ben & Jerrys cherries Garcia frozen yoghurt
1 crunchie

I'm well and truly p!ssed off with myself, why do I do it? Why can't I just get the hell on with the diet? It's like I'm deliberately sabotaging my chance of being slim and I really don't know why :( I need shooting!!

Ah Sal,

I've been doing much the same of late. It is okay... what you ate was not all that bad and you can make up for it my cutting back a bit for the next few days, drinking your water and adding in some more exercise.

Draw a line under it -- as they say -- and just keep on trying.

I have decided to join Weight Watchers -- I can't seem to get motivated with the CD 810/1000 that I had been doing from late December until mid-April. After my holiday, I managed to hold my own for two months, but now I am being less compliant instead of more. I obviously need to change what I am doing because it is no longer working for me.

I am wondering if you would benefit from joining a support group. You have been trying to do this all on your own for sometime now.

Mel

P.S. I hope you have a good day tomorrow.

I've been AWOL too as I can't do it! Weight has increased since Monday and I e been working at my diet. Thing that's different was this cough I've had. Tickly and I can't stop coughing then chesty and I want to throw up. Been taking buttercup and cavonia cough stuff which is full of syrup, sugar, glucose etc. Can't take codeine as I go loopy! One night it was so bad hubby moved out of the room to get some sleep and I went through a full bottle of stuff in the end I took some antihistamines which seemed to work. Coughing up gunk too :( had another coughing fit last night! Hate it. Also has some drinks the past 2 nights running! Followed by crisps. However, I'm not eating takeouts and stuff like that :( still weight on not off!

Morning sal you haven't done that much damage I wouldn't of thought.. Today will be better for you..!

Mel good advice as usually.. Xx

Nikki have you got WI tomorrow? X

Back