Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

:eek: I've just signed up to do the Race for Life in June :eek: considering I haven't run for well over a year now I'm sh!tting bricks!! I hope to try and run all of it. Ive downloaded the couch to 5k app and will have to start training fairly soon.

The two girls I'm doing it with will leave me standing because they're both runners who can jog off a 5k without even building up. I can't even run half a mile anymore :( I'm not going to train with them because I'll hold them back so I'll be doing it alone really. But I will do it!!

Also it ought to keep me motivated to stick to the diet because the last time I did RFL I was huge!!! This time I should be at target or very close!!

Last edited:
where? i'm doing the one in hartlepool. think that's june too!

It's the ormesby hall one on the Saturday. I'm dreading it to be honest :( I've got it in my head that I want to run it but I'm not great at running outdoors on a treadmill I can probably do it with training.

it'll be ok. i like hartlepool as it's on the road where many are on uneven grassed areas. just do the training and then do what you want to do on the day.

i actually prefer to run outside than on a 'dreadmill'!

got a very odd ad at the bottom of your page here. love burlesque :) it's probably cause i've been on a burlesque site today to order stuff for the zumba conference on friday. fingers crossed to arrives on time!
will post some pics on here to the stuff.

Hi Sal,

Finally caught up on your thread. Sorry for not posting my weight re: Biggest Loser. I did not weigh myself, but I obviously not the Biggest Loser.

I hope that you start finding it easier to stick to your plan at work. And, just ignore the naysayers. You are going for a healthy weight not some fashion ideal.

I hope you have a good day.

My computer is a huge pile of sh!t!!!!!! I've just gone on to update the BL results and noticed that my iTunes is gone, vanished completely, no trace of it anywhere. My computer uses the most inappropriate times to do virus checks and updates. So I think what happened was that while I was updating iTunes last weekend it ran a virus check and somehow interfered with the update and led to it canceling, but it was there when I turned the computer off and it's gone now.

I'm close to a nervous breakdown right now with it, trying to reinstall and the fcuking thing has just started another b@st@rd check!!! I left the computer on for ages as well to give it chance. It always does it when I'm doing something important. It's done it when I've been in the middle of the BL spreadsheet and lost all blue teams data, it's a pain in the arse. The free version never used to cause so many problems!!

MinnieMel said:
Hi Sal,

Finally caught up on your thread. Sorry for not posting my weight re: Biggest Loser. I did not weigh myself, but I obviously not the Biggest Loser.

I hope that you start finding it easier to stick to your plan at work. And, just ignore the naysayers. You are going for a healthy weight not some fashion ideal.

I hope you have a good day.

Thanks Mel, I'm do stressed right now over my stupid computer it's ridiculous I'm close to tears over the whole damn thing. :cry:

Why is everything in my life broken? My car my boiler my iTunes, my love life, my fat body????

Finally got computer fixed and iTunes reinstalled, it took forever and totally wasted the day, I'm nights tonight so not much point doing anything now :(

Was going to go out and get some chicken to cook up for work tonight so I can eat that when everyone gets there meals but too late now, will have to rely in willpower and shakes fun!

http://curvesahead.tumblr.com/
http://curveappeal.tumblr.com/
http://bigandbetter.tumblr.com/

I've just stumbled across a couple of body image acceptance sites, while I was looking up body dysmorphia amongst other weight related things. I've had a look at some of them and I'm a bit surprised at how they made me feel. These people have accepted and embraced how they look, flab and all. So why can't I? Why am I constantly beating myself up and hating my fat body?

These girls for the most part are stylish and look amazing and to be honest some of them aren't even that big, no bigger than me. I have no sense of style and even if I did I couldn't find clothes to make me look decent because of my weird stomach bulge.

Obviously there's some shocking sights on these websites and some nudity too but I found it really interesting on the whole, I need to make more of an effort to love myself and try and make what I have look nice instead of trying to hide.

The reason I'm starting to think like this is because I'm pretty sure I've lost the battle with my weight. The fight is too hard, too long and too lonely!! I'm really struggling and I have no idea what to do. SW, WW, CC not really an option for me, they don't work except to help maintain..... Aaaaargh I'm a lost cause :cry:

Last edited:
i can't either sally! i think i need to go to a CBT. a real life one. not one in a book!

i've been off plan this week as i knew i was away in london this weekend. i'm going back on plan for next week, from monday but will have a drink on saturday as it's hubby's birthday on the sunday and he want's to go to his parents house! fine!

i've often felt that everything is broken. our house is falling apart around me. kids don't care, hubby's not too interested! grrrrrr!

Oh I am gutted, 3lbs on at WI this morning :cry: I've been on nights so some might be water weight from drinking all night, and it's TOTM but a 3lb gain, I'm really feeling down about this now :( what the hell can I do???

Surfhunny said:
Oh I am gutted, 3lbs on at WI this morning :cry: I've been on nights so some might be water weight from drinking all night, and it's TOTM but a 3lb gain, I'm really feeling down about this now :( what the hell can I do???

Hey don't let it get to you! It's probably due to water retention, I had the same problem last week, it wil be gone in next few days !! Hope your ok x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hope so. Out of interest I went on the scales when I got home before I had a wee and weighed same as at CDCs then after I'd been and I'd lost 1lb!!! :eek: I was busting at WI but couldn't go because she only had 15 minute slots this morning to catch up from her holidays. Ordinarily I'd go before she weighed me.

Anyway I guess the trick is not to dwell on it. I'm going out for a curry with the girls tonight, it's been planned forever and I really need to relax and catch up. But I'm cancelling all my other social things until my colleagues retirement do on 28th April. It's going to have to be all or nothing!! No short cuts or half measures.

I've got a team building thing next Friday that I have to go to but by the sounds of it it's a cheap buffet so I'm not fussed by the food on offer. I'll offer to drive and I can avoid the free booze!

As much as my body seems to resist this I have to do it!!

You have lost that 3lbs and more for next week! -6lb by next weigh in :)

I'm starting back Monday. Full on ss until I get to under 12st!

great things said:
You have lost that 3lbs and more for next week! -6lb by next weigh in :)

I'm starting back Monday. Full on ss until I get to under 12st!

Hope so! Good luck hun. I think I'm going to have to SS because clearly with SS+ there's too much margin for error!!

I feel so fat lol. Been eating carbs as there's little else round here. You're pretty stuck to what's available. So bloated!

Back