Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Oh I am gutted, 3lbs on at WI this morning :cry: I've been on nights so some might be water weight from drinking all night, and it's TOTM but a 3lb gain, I'm really feeling down about this now :( what the hell can I do???

You've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks - that's great! I think you're being quite hard on yourself - celebrate the 8lbs that otherwise would still be on your body! :D

Good luck tonight and hang in there! You can do this!

Starting training for RFL tomorrow, and last night I told the girls I'd be avoiding food and food occasions for a good while. I have to do this!! I need to feel comfortable in my own skin again!!

tizzy51 said:
You've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks - that's great! I think you're being quite hard on yourself - celebrate the 8lbs that otherwise would still be on your body! :D

Good luck tonight and hang in there! You can do this!

Thanks tizzy but I think my signature is misleading, I've actually gained 12lbs since then. They were my first two weeks back on CD before we lost my Gran and I went off the rails a bit.

Since I started back again I lost 3lbs then gained 3lbs right back on :( which is why I'm quite so gutted. I feel like I'm drowning in fat and it's getting harder and harder to shift it :cry:

Ouch! I can see why you're discouraged. I was thinking this morning that if I don't see some good results quickly, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to put up with thinking about food all the time and the terrible taste in my mouth, etc.

Have you talked with your CDC? Do they have any suggestions?

Unfortunately it was a rushed appointment as my CDC had been away and was catching up, so no time to talk :( I'm an old hand at this diet having come back to it several times over the years to shift small gains here and there, but this time I've got 3st plus to shift now. I never really lost the weight I gained last year after my US holiday, Christmas and injury then I gained another 12lbs after gran died so bigger bulk to shift now.

I guess this is why I'm upset about the gain, I have a lot more to lose than I ever had before and I need it gone ASAP so I can get my life back again. I suppose I'll have to see how this week goes. I'd been trying to avoid going on the scales everyday but I think I'll have to keep a closer eye on it and drop back down to SS again because SS+ seems to lead me astray :(

I don't know what I'll do if I don't lose at least those 3lbs next week, I was already losing heart before that gain do now I'm feeling rely blue about it all.

I'm new to the diet so am learning about it mostly through the diaries. A friend of mine here did it and is very enthousiastic about it - she's the reason I'm on it now. She did SS, so I am as well. That said, I also eat celery sticks and, on the days I work out, a hard boiled egg. However, if I did SS+, I think that I would take that as "permission" to eat more and would definitely stray! The celery and eggs are low carb and add 5cal and 80cal respectively, which mans I remain on a VLC diet. Today is day 7 so we'll see tomorrow morning the results of the week - am a little nervous. :(

I'm American (tho' live in NL) - I can see how you can gain weight visiting the US. Unfortunately you then had a pretty rough time with injury and your gran. Think of the diet as doing something positive for yourself and how good you will feel as you get the results. The hardest part for me is to keep the little voice in my head positive - it likes to suggest that it's ok for me to eat and that I'm fine as I am and don't need to diet (hah!). :eek:

All I know for myself is if I don't do something, I'll keep gaining. If I don't do something structured like CD, I'll fail. And if I think of how long it might take me to lose the weight (even on CD), I'll quit. So I try to just focus on today, this week.

Use the forum - reading other people's posts really keeps me positive - they did it, so can I! So can you! :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Thanks Tizzy, I just need to keep my focus because I know it works, in fact it's the only diet that has ever really worked for me.

Right now I'm watching the Supersize Me and it's quite repulsive, I've seen it before but I'm watching it from a totally different perspective now. It's shocking!

*Shanny* said:
stop putting pressure on yourself missy... you will get there Sal xx

I know Shanny but you know me, I can't help it! I'm starting to panic that I won't be at a good weight for my holiday!! We're all. Excitedly counting down the days but secretly I'm going into freak out mode!! What if I don't make it? What if I never get my head in gear??

Bluergh I'd forgotten how disgusting the porridge is, I'm balking at every mouthful, but I have to finish it. I've got 5 more in the cupboard but luckily I've got 5 Slim and Save shakes to replace them with. I just need to get this one down the hatch!! Gross I feel sick now, at least I've drank lots of water to get rid of the taste!

I know Shanny but you know me, I can't help it! I'm starting to panic that I won't be at a good weight for my holiday!! We're all. Excitedly counting down the days but secretly I'm going into freak out mode!! What if I don't make it? What if I never get my head in gear??

Bluergh I'd forgotten how disgusting the porridge is, I'm balking at every mouthful, but I have to finish it. I've got 5 more in the cupboard but luckily I've got 5 Slim and Save shakes to replace them with. I just need to get this one down the hatch!! Gross I feel sick now, at least I've drank lots of water to get rid of the taste!
Sal America is September isn't it ??

You know the more u worry the more u will be side tracked. Get in contact with your CDC when u need her. We have faith in you :) xx

Thanks hun, I think my CDC is getting sick of me tbh. She won't say as much but I got that impression on Friday, I think she thinks I talk out of my arse about sticking to plan. I was honest and said that the beginning of the week hadn't been great but I'd behaved for most of it. I don't know.... I sometimes wonder about changing CDCs and going back to my old one or someone else but all the others are too inconvenient to get to and mine fits me in regardless.

Yeah same one, but it was very difficult to get to her, I was having appointments at 8:30 at night then having almost an hour drive home which wasn't great. I won't go it alone, I need the constant scrutiny of being weighed by someone else.

Weird, I had the porridge about 20 mins ago and now I'm starving!!! Haven't felt hungry for ages but now I'm absolutely starving, to the point where I think I need another pack if it doesn't pass in a few minutes.

Stick with this CDC and carry on chatting her ears off lol ... She must understand that this isn't an easy diet at times.

Sal have another or a cuppa and get to bed my lovely :)

*Shanny* said:
Stick with this CDC and carry on chatting her ears off lol ... She must understand that this isn't an easy diet at times.

Sal have another or a cuppa and get to bed my lovely :)

I'm going to go to bed with a cuppa like you say, but I'm definitely steering clear of the porridge in future, horrible and makes me hungry, not a lot going for it!

Not until a week on Tuesday because of my shifts. Hoping for a good loss, but I have a works function, team building bull cr@p on Friday night, I'm going to try not to eat, have shake before I go etc. Unfortunately there's no getting out of it, my boss isn't going and was told by management to "reflect on the impact of his decision"! Disguised threats, but as his deputy I've got no choice but to go, especially as he's not, it's rubbish! I really don't want to go, I'd rather go out with my friends but I'm turning them down because of CD, so it feels rubbish having to go to this.

Is Northallerton closer to you? She does Tuesday pm there.

Knackered.com!

Back on diet tomorrow! Eaten loads this weekend. :(

great things said:
Is Northallerton closer to you? She does Tuesday pm there.

Knackered.com!

Back on diet tomorrow! Eaten loads this weekend. :(

No it's a pity it's further away still. I'll stick with my CDC but like Shanny says keep talking to her regardless of whether she believes me.

I'm sure from all the exercise you did will cancel out the food this weekend.

Back