Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Evening Sal.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Hey sal

Weigh in for me tomorrow.

You know what I may have only lost a pound or so but I've kind of realised it's not about the destination. Just as long as I'm travelling. I think that's true for you too.

I hope you are committed to your pod, it's really starting to have some odd and surprising effects for me!

hi sally.

i'm faffing around. got to get the bit between my teeth. final part of my mum's funeral today. a church burial of the ashes.

great things said:
hi sally.

i'm faffing around. got to get the bit between my teeth. final part of my mum's funeral today. a church burial of the ashes.

Hope today goes well Nikki. It's bloody hard to stay focused on diets at times like this. I went to pieces for ages. But once you're ready you can do it again.

bettiesrevenge said:
Hey sal

Weigh in for me tomorrow.

You know what I may have only lost a pound or so but I've kind of realised it's not about the destination. Just as long as I'm travelling. I think that's true for you too.

I hope you are committed to your pod, it's really starting to have some odd and surprising effects for me!

Good luck with wi! I'm starting to lose interest with the Slimpods to be honest. I feel like its been like all the other hypno type things I've tried, I really haven't noticed anything at all. I wonder if I'm just not open to suggestion. All I know is it's great for sending me to sleep.

I think the reason i'm so focused right now is because my holiday is looming ever closer and I need to fit into my size 14 holiday clothes and look good on my photo's. It's me telling myself I have no time to mess about that's keeping me on the straight and narrow. But having said that it's only been a week or so using the Slimpod do it's probably too early to judge just yet, I'll keep going with it cos it's not doing any harm.

Surfhunny said:
Good luck with wi! I'm starting to lose interest with the Slimpods to be honest. I feel like its been like all the other hypno type things I've tried, I really haven't noticed anything at all. I wonder if I'm just not open to suggestion. All I know is it's great for sending me to sleep.

I think the reason i'm so focused right now is because my holiday is looming ever closer and I need to fit into my size 14 holiday clothes and look good on my photo's. It's me telling myself I have no time to mess about that's keeping me on the straight and narrow. But having said that it's only been a week or so using the Slimpod do it's probably too early to judge just yet, I'll keep going with it cos it's not doing any harm.

Well, I think that you definitely have to be open to suggestion, I also think for me it stops the never ending treadmill in my life. Ive committed to doing them after alara has gone to bed but before I do so I can actually do the visualisation parts. The power shower one is particularly good. After every nasty interaction I don't even have to listen to it now. I just imagine washing all their junk off in a shower akin to a car wash with lush snow fairy shower gel! It works every time! I'm getting more consistent with it too. Which one do you have again?

My weigh in was poo only 1lb off! That said I've had a few blips this week!

*Shanny* said:
Hiya girls :) as your both talking about the slimpods :) im the same as you sal i dont feel any different from listening to them i will carry on for a week or so lol

Hahaha you have not been taking trevor's advice about the longer you listen the better. Have you? :) I think I'm so used to the whooshes of a vcld I forget it's about behaviour change. That's what we all want in the end. I say if you have 10 minutes do them, why the heck not.

Which ones are you listening to? I personally don't think drop 2 jeans size is that great if you are not eating food.

How's things anyway sal?

*Shanny* said:
Ive got 'keep the weight loss going' and if im honest ive listened to it 4 times in the last 3 weeks... :p suppose that's not much of an effort is it?? lol
i will try again tonight in bed.. haha x

Haha A for effort though shanny! It's a funny thing at first I was like, is this it? But then I just got into the habit. That said today I feel poop. Really lacklustre and fed up. I don't think anything could perk me up. That's why I have decided to go dig hell out of the garden. I need to do something to vent my spleen!

Hi Sal,

I hope you had a good weekend and get the holiday off. I like the Slimpods and think they could help - if I was disciplined enough to listen to them.

I'm annoyed I wrote a huge post and it went missing. I can't really remember what I wrote but it was about trying to lose 10lbs in 20 days to get well into the 14st bracket and over the 15st hurdle, which is proving to be a huge psychological block for me. I always seem to get stuck at the 15st bracket. I need to get below 15st!!

Last edited:
It was 15st 3lbs last wi. I have lost and gained the same 10lbs over and over again, this is why I need to get out of the dreaded 15s ASAP!!

It was 15st 3lbs last wi. I have lost and gained the same 10lbs over and over again, this is why I need to get out of the dreaded 15s ASAP!!
This me over and over again lol hoping to reach 'new weight' by the end of the week... you will get there sal x

Hiya sal how you doing on this sunny bank holidays. When is weigh in again chick xxx

I'm just off to go for a massage, why do I feel scared? Might be because when I booked it back in Feb the lady was quite stern on the phone. Not looking forward to it but as it was a gift I'll make the most of it.

I've also made an appointment to see my gp again, I'm suffering with my belly pain again, and this time I know it's not because I'm constipated or anything bowel related, so I'm going to see if she can refer me for a scan as this has been going on way too long!!

Well I'm home from my massage and the stern lady was in fact lovely!! It was well worth the wait, she poked and prodded my back and realigned my chakras and I feel so relaxed now! Need to treat myself to a massage more often.

Surfhunny said:
Well I'm home from my massage and the stern lady was in fact lovely!! It was well worth the wait, she poked and prodded my back and realigned my chakras and I feel so relaxed now! Need to treat myself to a massage more often.

Where did you go? My back is so sore. I'm at the chiropractors Friday. I've ordered a slim pod. Can you listen to them in the car?

Back