Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Hi Sal -

Whoop on the being in a new LOWER stone bracket. And you can totally do this.

I have my "next size" jeans hanging on my bedroom door on top of my "goal jeans". When my current "Fat Jeans" need a belt I'll be trying on those next size ones hoping the fit. Then fat jeans go bye bye and there better be no going back. I am hoping for next size jeans by June 30 and goal by 1 September. But I've noticed that I am bigger at this weight than I was in the past so the fitness really has to happen for me.

Btw you look pretty good in those pics - but I know you Wang to look and feel even better.

Thanks Mel!!

Once again I'm watching Biggest Loser to keep me from getting bored. My plans for today have been ruined by the stupid British weather. I was going to mow the lawn, wash the car and dig the weeds out. But it's been far too windy to even consider it :(

I've slipped back into panic mode again, no scale movement, but I suppose last week was the same and I had a good loss so I'm trying not to worry!! I just want this so desperately and I'm now doing all I can, it's out of my hands completely just have to trust in the diet!!

Towards the end of this (August) I've decided to do 30 Day Shred again, hopefully it'll help tone me up a bit. I should be close to target by then and hopefully it shouldn't affect my losses too much. But I really need to tone up too!

Go surf! I love than mango shakes. I'm going to get 14 mango and 7 mint bars for next week. Diet is just not working right now.

I've slipped back into panic mode again, no scale movement, but I suppose last week was the same and I had a good loss so I'm trying not to worry!! I just want this so desperately and I'm now doing all I can, it's out of my hands completely just have to trust in the diet!!

I know what you mean - I had a tough week this past week as the weight just wouldn't shift, despite being good all week and drinking loads of water. Happily it did finally give and I lost 3lbs, but it has been a nail-biter! The good news for me has been that I want it so badly (particularly as I have a trip to the US in July to see my family), that I was able to stave off all the voices in my head urging me to break the diet as it wasn't working anyway! But it was hard!!!!

Hang in there - it's the only way we're going to get our goals!!

Back from the doctors and happy with diagnosis of IBS, given my symptoms there really nothing else it can be, got thorough examination and had long chat about my concerns. Trouble is the anti spasmodics I've been prescribed contain lactose, sucrose and glucose (lots of sugar)!!! Didn't realise until I've got my tablets and read the leaflet. And I have to take 2, 3 times a day, nightmare! Wonder how this will affect me losses? I'll have to get some ketostix to check I'm still in ketosis and all that sugar hasn't knocked me out.

Brrr I'm so cold! I've got the fire on to try and warm through but I feel like I need gloves on!! The thermostat thingy says 19 degrees, I'm not convinced, so cold. Just taken a parcel over the road to my neighbour and apart from the wind it seems warmer outside.

Last edited:
Ha warm now!!! I went out and mowed the lawns in my shorts and hoodie, left the fire on indoors while I did it and now I'm back in, wearing leggings and jumper and slipper boots and I'm warm!!! Fingers and toes still cold though, can't win em all!

Massive craving for cheese, what's that all about???

Calcium? Try taking a supplement.

It is probably missing the fat. No cure for that.

I hope no-one reading this takes offence because I'm just making an observation and there's no bad feelings intended at all. Ive noticed there seems to be a lot of new starters on minis at the moment and also a lot of people who keep falling off the wagon (planned or unplanned). I'm just wondering why, whether it's the time of year or what? I'm not one to judge by any means, we all know I restarted this diet so many times, but I just find it a bit strange that there's so many. there's also a heck of a lot of people who seem to be drinking alcohol while doing S&S or CD, which is crazy! I've even seen people saying stick to clear spirits cos they have no calories, are people crazy? I've refrained from commenting because it's apparent that people will do what they want regardless of the consequences.

I know everyone deals with this diet differently and some are prepared to take the scenic route. But right now I'm not prepared to take the long road, and I'd like to find some others who are like minded.

I've only really noticed because I've been trawling minis for the last couple of days looking for inspiration and I'm sad to say I didn't really find much :cry: maybe it's just me?

Last edited:
No I don't think it's you!

I think there are lots of people around who have been ona vcld before be it CD or whatever. I think the more times you have a go, the higher risk of giving in when the going gets a bit tough. I count myself in this by the way! Im less than inspiring to some extent, but then with the 18 months I've had I think I've done well to even still want to lose weight let alone try!

We are all different. I remember some of my inspirations, lily, missy jo, cerulean... None of them were perfect but they were inspiring! My diary was a way of working through my food related issues, but there is so much going on I stopped writing any deep stuff as it all got a bit to close to the knuckle. I may go back to some deep revelations at some point in the future!

I wish I could get inspired. Maybe you will be my new thinspiration!

Hi Sal, I was thinking the exact same earlier! An awful lot of food talk going on which isn't helping my cravings (and an awful lot of people who aren't taking CD seriously, but that's just my opinion!). I've fallen off the wagon a million times, and I know 90% of people are genuinely here for support when they have slipped up. But it seems a small number of people are sort of laughing it off and making out its not a big deal, when it actually is a big deal for me! Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. It's not really my place to comment on other peoples diets so I feel a bit bad for saying this!!

We need more positive posts on the forum about how well people are doing, and tips for sticking to the diet, not tips on how to cheat!

bettiesrevenge said:
No I don't think it's you!

I think there are lots of people around who have been ona vcld before be it CD or whatever. I think the more times you have a go, the higher risk of giving in when the going gets a bit tough. I count myself in this by the way! Im less than inspiring to some extent, but then with the 18 months I've had I think I've done well to even still want to lose weight let alone try!

We are all different. I remember some of my inspirations, lily, missy jo, cerulean... None of them were perfect but they were inspiring! My diary was a way of working through my food related issues, but there is so much going on I stopped writing any deep stuff as it all got a bit to close to the knuckle. I may go back to some deep revelations at some point in the future!

I wish I could get inspired. Maybe you will be my new thinspiration!

I definitely count myself in the re-re-re-re-re-starters, it's so much harder after the first time round, but there seems to be a lot of people who are ready to give up at the first hurdle (even first timers here) I wonder if it's because they aren't getting the support from their CDCs? I've been kicking about on here for the last 4 years and of course people come and go.

I dunno, being on SS makes me think about strange things lol. I really want people to succeed on CD because it really does give fab results but it's the hardest & easiest diet in the world, and only VLCDers will know what I mean by that.

Felix said:
Hi Sal, I was thinking the exact same earlier! An awful lot of food talk going on which isn't helping my cravings (and an awful lot of people who aren't taking CD seriously, but that's just my opinion!). I've fallen off the wagon a million times, and I know 90% of people are genuinely here for support when they have slipped up. But it seems a small number of people are sort of laughing it off and making out its not a big deal, when it actually is a big deal for me! Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. It's not really my place to comment on other peoples diets so I feel a bit bad for saying this!!

We need more positive posts on the forum about how well people are doing, and tips for sticking to the diet, not tips on how to cheat!

No this is exactly what I'm on about!!! I think I'm grumpy because I am taking it seriously for a change and want to succeed!

I remember getting into a big old bicker on here last year about people bragging that they'd had this and that and still lost Xlbs that week. That was at a time where I was being good and having miserable losses so it really got to me. That's partly why I haven't got involved and put my 10p worth in on the alcohol topic, I'm in a good place and don't want to get into fights on here.

God utterly!

I think there are much easier diets AND much harder in differing respects. Slimming world would be my hardest diet, it's the sheer volume of food you eat. I'm by nature a nibbler, and I nibble lots of crap things!

It's a funny thing. Maybe in diary land ( I only follow diaries I don't really bother with the main forum) I'm bit seeing so many people slipping up, myself excluded.

I think you hit the nail on the head as many people are not getting support you need to do this diet. I dont get anything from my pack pusher, she is a pack pusher and has got awards at the annual conference for the volume of packs she sells! It's pyramid selling after all. Some people do take it seriously, but behaviour is sometimes so ingrained with people I think unless you are doing something to tackle your food demons. Cd is just a quick fix. Hmmm you have me thinking about this now!

I agree with support too. A lot of people are asking simple questions which should have been covered by their CDC. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind answering these questions but it makes me wonder if people have actually been properly talked through the diet? I'm really lucky to have a fab CDC!

Ha ha I've started something now. I'm lucky because both my CDCs have been great. This current one in particular has put up with my tantrums and tears on numerous occasions. I think having a pack pusher is okay if you're strong willed and perhaps know the diet but I'm a baby and need constant encouragement and motivation, I'd never survive.

SW is also probably the hardest diet for me too, and yet before I did CD I used to think it was the cats pyjamas!!! I think after this to maintain my loss :eek: I'm going to try WW, my mum and SIL both swear by it. Restrictions but not too restricted - this is what I need!!

Hahaha! I need to check out the main forum clearly!

My Pack pusher is just lame. I have to dig deep and find the resolve to push through. This is clearly my problem area now. She is nice enough but mad as a box of frogs honestly.

Wow - watching dispatches. See what data protection breaches are going on! Scary stuff!

I am too and god I'm paranoid enough without watching this!! Dad laughed at me the other day cos I gave him a load of letters to shred because they had my name and address on. He said if people want to know your name and address they can look in the phone book, he's right but I'm so paranoid I (rather he) shred everything!!! But watching this I don't know why I bother..... Scary!!!

I have a pack pusher too Nat :( :( and all I'd like is a text/ phone call time to time . Im seeing her tomorrow she's texted me to see what packs I want. Nothing about how u doing Shan!!

my honest answer would be " I need support" :(

My opinion the forum changes year after year it's not the same like when I first joined in 2010. :(

Moan over - sat in bed watching eastenders ' boring life on CD' lol

Back