Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

hi chic member no pressure ok, you will loose the weight you have enough time now really.

family get togethers are good to have, im at uni again finishing my assigament off for monday.! i'e your hoilday.

Im stuck in doors lol but will be free from uni work on friday.!

i lost 4.5 lbs today so now at target weight.!
well chuffed been hard but ive succeded now.

forget washing the car hun just chill and sit alday.lol

Oh wow well done you!!! Fantastic news!!! Do you feel amazing??? I'm so pleased for you!!!!! Can't wait to get there again lol'! I'm probably going to leave the car like you say Im off all week, plenty of time to wash it. Don't work too hard mrs!

Thank you R.C rosemary conlely diet counting caliores now.!

surfhunny great its hot ive drank loads today cuz it's hot lol

how bout u?

Well it's been an absolutely gorgeous weekend here. I've been sitting out in the garden for the whole weekend and it's been like being on holiday, the only thing missing was a nice cool pool.

The only trouble with the hot weather, is that I hate getting my arms out in public, vest tops are a big no no for me, I hate my arms, always have, even when I was thin. They're really big and muscley from swimming etc and now with a good layer of fat on top of the muscle they're huge, I hate them!!! But on a more positive note at least they're brown again so don't look quite as bad.

I don't know why but I've got this overwhelming urge to cook. It's not that I particularly want to eat what I make, it's just that I miss cooking. It's my Grans 90th in July and we're having a massive family party, spread over 2 days. Surprise party on the Saturday and a BBQ on the Sunday. The Saturday is catered, but for the BBQ we're each to bring something for the BBQ and something for the table. I've been nominated to bring something desserty (my family know me well lol). I've been looking through my millions of cook books and I think I'm just going to do the old favourite cupcakes but it's really made me want to cook. Aaargh!!!

I suppose the good thing is that I decided that I'm having my birthday weekend off CD, I'll take the consequences like an adult. Last year I was on a diet (SW) so didn't really have much of a birthday and the year before I felt too fed up by my size to really enjoy it, so this year I'm allowing myself one guilt free weekend. I've talked it over with my CDC who seems happy enough with my decision. So really this week I'm going to try and lose as much weight as I can to compensate for the weekends festivities.

The daft thing is I can't wait to have cake... I've forgotten what cake tastes like and I really can't wait for birthday cake. I just hope my mum and dad don't put me on a guilt trip about it. In fact I might even ban the word DIET for the weekend.

Ah well, I'm waffled on for a bit tonight lol. I hope the rest of the week is just as warm and sunny as the weekend has been.

Last edited:
I don't blame you for having a guilt free birthday weekend. I plan on doing the same, I'm just on a mission now to loose as much as I can before then.

The weather has been fantastic here aswell so on a positive note I have drank loads.

birthdays and diets dont go together, im planning mine off CD too, one month to go lol tho need to get bk into it properly b4 i can have a guilt free day!!

it must b nice to be having ur birthday whilst at goat weight!! i cant wait to feel good about myself again, and just be me again!!

Make sure you enjoy your birthday weekend hun, don't worry about the diet, you will be back on it straight away after so just enjoy the cake! xx

I'm another 2lb closer to goal. And I've lost 7lbs this month. It's coming off slowly but at least its still coming off!! My CDC is happy with my progress and my new 'No Pressure' approach, I think it's teaching me restraint, I know I can have food if I really want it, but most of the time I can talk myself out of it. It's not important anymore. What a revelation!

I'm more or less the same weight as I was this time last year, and I'm happy about that. I've lost all the weight I gained while I was with AP and after we broke up, so he's offically all gone from my life now!!!

I'm going to enjoy my birthday, going out for a meal with my parents on my actual birthday on Monday, then out with the girls on Tuesday for a meal then bowling. So in the meantime I'm going to see how much I can lose as damage limitation.

Last edited:
well done on the 2lb loss, ur approach is working for u so stick with it! u will b at goal in notime at all

Hey hun, I've been lurking too but not posting like I should be. Well done on your 2lbs, that's so great. 7lbs down, sounds like your catching up with the sts patch.

I love that you see it as AP being out off your life now, it's a refreshing attitude to have to it.

When you back at work? Have you enjoyed your time off?

Well, I've decided to have a bit longer than a couple of days off the diet, I needed a rest. BUT in the last couple of days I have learned so much about eating it's unbelievable.

I never realised just what an effect carbs have on my body. I've eaten pasta yesterday and chips today and both days I've felt horrendous afterwards. i had chips about 7 hours ago and only a small portion, but I still feel like I'm about to pop. I've had a headache and felt full to bursting point all day. It was the same yesterday after the pasta. At firist I refused to believe it was the carbs causing this, but I'm forced to admit it is.

I used to live off carbs before, pasta, rice, potatoes....I loved them all, and ate them all on SW quite happily so I'm a bit gutted that they seem to be disagreeing with me now. But on the plus side I can't eat anywhere near as much as I used to. I feel full very, very quickly and I've even started leaving food on my plate because I can't eat it, rather than shovelling it in anyway.

I've also learned that most of the time the food that I crave tastes better in my head than it does in real life. I bought an M&S dessert yesterday and it went in the bin, it was so sickly. In the past past I'd have eaten it anyway but I just thought there was no point, I wasn't going to enjoy it and I don't just want to eat for the sake of eating anymore. Progress, no?

Wow that is great. I've been Reading lots of reports on carbs and maintaining recently and feel a lot more clued up. I do not want to undo my hard work even on small breaks so I think I will aim to pick/eat wisely.

well done on the mental side of things with food, it will all help u in the long run to iron out the thoughts in ur head now.

carbs straight after CD do have that effect due to ketosis, as thats protein based, if u gradually re intorduced them the side effects would b minimul, but it helps u identify the effects they have on ur body some symptoms would have bn there b4 the diet, full, bloated etc but in normal eating we wouldnt recognise them.
CD strips ur body of food so they have time to burn fat so carbs straight away is infact an OD of them lol

Urgh thats exactly how I feel, Like I've OD'd on carbs when I haven't actually had that much. But it's nice to know that if I reintroduce them slowly as I go up the plans I'll be able to do SW green days again to maintain. I was a bit worried about that. But for now at least this gross feelin gis stopping my from eating to excess. Can't wait to get back onto CD though.

Hi hun well know what u mean i had a bread roll on thursday and friday morning gained 2 lbs because of it, so not having carbs for a while now.

enjoy your time of the diet and sensible choices are good.! it's working for me now.x

How is the braai going? You had any boerewors on it yet? What you up to tomorrow for your special day?

Hi surfy, love your new pic.

taking a break is not always a bad idea. i do it a lot, not always through choice but a few days away is sometimes an antedote to a hard diet. also, like you i cant eat as much and can put into practice my ideas for maintaining. i really rate those people who go from no food for months to maintaining, i would struggle with that. my journey has involved food and i like re-learning my choices.

having said that, yest i did eat loads of carbs and after a jacket potato lunch i felt so sluggish i actually felt desperate for a nap! how long you off for and when you back?

Back