Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Birthdays only come once a year so it was worth it...even if just for the lessons. I bet you have only put 4lb on a will come off within days. Good luck x x

glad you had a fab time for your birthday. don't worry about how much weight and i bet it won't be 10lbs. :)

i've been having a heart to heart with my CDC. finding myself hungry etc, stressed. think it was all the flippen antibiotics in my system. especially the last lot looks like moxidroxin or something like that for a lower down infection which i have no idea what infection it was as i was just sent the script with a letter to make app at my choice of hospital. went for north tees as i know that place better than hartlepool and james cook. the wait for h'pool was lower and james cook higher.

anyway, i'm keeping a really close eye on my food intake in my diary to highlight my weaknesses and hunger and to see if there's a pattern. i need to put things back into boxes of the kids and hubby's not mine to help me again (and it really does help too). CDC was saying maybe it's time to stop CD and move to something different as i was struggling. i was telling her about the 1200 plan and how difficult i find it as there's no specific guidelines to weights of things just recipes. so i'm following the 1000 plan with maybe more for lunch, or a few extra apples if i need them. i think that this could work better. i've got to stop the alcohol and crisps :( been indulging a bit of a weekend which is not good when your weigh in is a monday or a tuesday! anyway, 1lb down from yesterday.

i'll be glad when matthew's got totally rid of his hand, food and mouth and is back to day nursery and ems is back to school next week. i could do with me time at the gym without one or the other or even both.

anyway, good luck for your weigh in today. :D

surfy, i am like you and gain massive amounts on days off - sometimes up to 12lbs (that was last weekend when it was really hot) but i have never gained since on cd and it will all come off during the first ss week. good luck with weigh in, and you deserved a week off and will come back to it with renewed vigour I am sure!!

i think +6 for u but think u will have a big loss next week to rectify this.

u deserve time off the diet and the bulk of the gain will be water retention so dont panic.

Well none of us were spot on with our guesses. I gained 8lbs, so at least it wasn't the 10+ I was expecting, thank god. I refuse to alter my ticker or star to acknowledge this gain because hopefully it'll be very very temporary. My CDC seem confident most of it if not all will be gone next week. BUT I'm not going to start piling pressure on myself again, I'll lose what I lose. I am going to stick to SS to at least give myself a fighting chance though.

If the weather stays good that shouldn't be a problem, I don't seem to think of food quite as much when it's hot. Anyway regardless I need the detox of CD because I hate feeling grotty like I do now, a couple of days time I should feel back to normal. And hopefully this break has given me enough momentum to get through to the end now. I'm still so close, even with the gain this week. Who knows this gain might even trick my body into having a few good losses to bring it even closer.

I'm glad I took some time out and perversely I'm even glad I gained, because it serves to remind me I need to be good. If I'd only had a small gain, I'd start to think I could get away with more. Now I know I can't so I have to return to the straight and narrow again.

Watch this space guys, this is the final countdown. Sticking with it til the end now, the home straight......

Well done on being so positive, I am sure that will be mostly if not all gone by next week.

I know what you mean about getting away with things, I am the same. But I always seem to be a week behind, so if I am naughty I always think I've gotten away with it. Then the following week, even if I am good as gold it catches up.

The same with losses, a really good week always shows the following one on the scales.

How far are you off your target now then? Not including the 8lbs!

Not including the birthday 8, I'm 1st 3lbs away from my CD target. I'd like to lose another 7lbs on SW after that just to take me into the healthy weight range. But that'll be a slow and steady thing no rush once I've lost the 1st 3lbs anything after that is just a bonus really.

not a bad weight gain and most will be water and should come off within a few days. :)

it is hard going off diet and i can't help think that i'm going to be calorie counting for the rest of my life to monitor what goes in and what comes out ie food and exercise.

it's hard to get off track and hard to get back on it again.

one thing i've got to say is that when i went on holiday and put on 4.5lbs i didn't change my ticker and i'm still battling to get back to what i was about 4 weeks ago. i wish i'd changed my ticker to remind me of what i had to loose still. i think it would have been the kick up the bum i needed to re-focus rather than being lapse.

8lbs is not bad at all!!! i have gained some this week just on 810 so dont worry. i am hoping my gain will come off next week and am sure it will be the same for you.

Day 1, had a bit of a hiccup last night with chocolate I found in with my birthday presents, it's gone now, so today has officially been day 1. I'm in bed right now and just realised I haven't actually had my 3rd shake yet, I forgot because I'm not hungry at all. I'll go get it in a minute.

I've had a little bit of a trauma this morning on the way in to work, I was biting my plastic key ring and all of a sudden the plastic gave way and I knashed my front teeth together. I could feel a sharp edge and a chip, it felt massive, but then things do when you poke at them with your tongue (innuendo in there somewhere I'm sure lol). I panicked even though it didn't hurt, I'm terrified of dentists. When I got to the mirror I saw the chip is really tiny can't even notice it, but it's really sharp and my tongue is sore now, I don't know whether to leave it and hope it wears down and stops being sharp, or do I go to the dentist and see if he can file it smooth?? I might call him tomorrow and see what he says... My dentist is very good, even though I'm terrified.

Oh well, I'm off for shake number 3 and hopefully tomorrow will be as easy as today has been dietwise.

Your not on your own as I'm petrified of the dentist aswell. Good luck.

Well I'm on my birthday week off and have been abit of a pig today. Got another 10 days on and off the plan and an very nervous but it's my hubbys 30th so better get it over with. x x

I think the best way to approach it is just be sensible where you can and enjoy your week off. Accept whatever the scales tell you and use it as a jumping off point for getting back into it after. I did that and don't feel guilty, apart from the last day, I enjoyed myself.

Enjoy it x

thanks for the tips. I need to stop saying after eating something "I shouldn't of had that"
Here to birthdays!!

Yeah, just enjoy them. I know what you mean about thinking 'I shouldn't have had that...' it's like it's almost ingrained somehow. I spent most of last week thinking that.

I think I must be some kind of masochist or something.... on Friday evening I was sitting in my garden with a wine glass full of fizzy water, next door were having a BBQ, so I called my mum and went and invited the family over for a BBQ on Saturday.... What was I thinking??? Saturday was only officially Day 3 of being on SS, so naturally my mum was a bit concerned about turning up and bringing food with them but I said I'd be fine.

I decided to have an SS+ day even though I'm meant to be having a week of SS. The BBQ was fine, I had chicken kebabs, but I just don't know why I would put myself in such a situation? I think it's because I wanted to try out my BBQ and I know my parents are going on holiday today. Anyway the good news is I survived!!!

I spent all day yesterday out in the garden, I pulled out all the weeds, mowed the lawn and then I got it into my head that the shed needed painting so I dashed off to B&Q, bought same paint and cracked on with painting, then the fences looked a mess, so I did them as well. So the garden now looks lovely, except it's so foggy, cold and rainy here I can't go out. It must've been good exercise because my legs and arms are aching today.

I'm nights tonight, starting at 7pm, at least it's a 14 hour shift not the usual 21 hour ones. I have huge difficulties timing my shakes when I'm on nights. I've only had one so far at 1pm, was going to have another when I get to work at 7pm, then leave the last one until just before midnight. That way I can have my first one of tomorrows at about 5am..... aargh, it's so hard. It's made harder by the fact that at the moment we only do one night shift at a time, so realistically I could be up for almost 40 hours with 6 shakes to fit in. If we did a run of night shifts it would be easier.

Ah well, hope everyone has had a good weekend, it's been pretty quiet on here so i'm assuming everyone has had a busy weekend xxx

Hope tonight isn't too bad. Ive just got back from camping and have eaten like a pig. Catch up soon x

sounds like you did lots of hard work. shame about today being pants for the weather. i got drenched going the race for life in hartlepool had to wring my hair out afterwards :D

good luck your night shift.

Thanks, I should've known the weather would be pants today, it's Music Live in Middlesbrough and the weather is always bad, and I'm always at work. Hopefully, the weather will keep people away from A&E tonight, I'm too achey to work lol.

Lyndzi, hope you had a fab time away?

Great, How did you get on with the Race for Life, I forgot that was today.

Back