Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Physio was fab thanks, was allowed to go on cross trainer :D it's nice to do exercise again but god I'd forgotten how much I hate the cross trainer!!

Visit to manager was fine too, expressed my concerns about going straight back to on call etc. She was very sympathetic, said that wouldn't happen dispute what my line manager said. I'm not on call until 24th April :D. I'm going back 5 half days (4 hours) next week Monday and Wednesday pm (so I can have a lie in still lol) and the rest of the days mornings only. Then following week 6 hours on same pattern then back to normal beginning of April.

We went round to see my idiot line manager to tell him and he was all over me, saying he was glad I was coming back, good to see me etc etc. I just smiled cos I thought "what a hypocrite!" It was such an act but didn't know I'd already told my concerns about coming back to our big boss :) so he made himself look a right tit lol.

Still feel a bit anxious about going back but have big manager on my side !

Good for you.

Hi Sal,

You'll be fine. You'll get right back into it, and be glad for the routine.

MM

I talked to mum earlier about my bingette and she agreed with what everyones said about it not being a huge one. But she suggested that I swap my AAM week to this week, take the pressure off a bit. I usually have it on week 5 so I'm only moving it forward 1 week.

I've ummed and ahed about it and decided to do 810 this week and back on to SS next week when I'm back at the workhouse lol. I don't know if it's the right thing to do but it can't hurt too much swapping it by a week. If it refocusses me then brilliant!!

I know officially we don't have the AAM until after 12 weeks but when I first did CD it was every 5th week and it works best for me that way..... My metabolism won't last 12 weeks lol.

MY consultant does 2 weeks on, 1 week SS+ then rinse and repeat. I think i will struggle to do that, as I am in a routine now..She said 12 weeks would not be what she reccomends personally, but I worry she will want me to do SS+ after next week.

Theres no reason for you to do it if you don't want to! The reason behind the AAM week whenever you have it is to boost your metabolism to prevent you getting stuck at a plateau. My metabolism slows down before 12 weeks so I couldn't go that long to my AAM week and not experience lots of STS's. I discovered that last year, my CDC suggested 6 weeks max for me but I like to stick to doing it on week 5, because it's what I'm used to.

Hi Sal & Festival Girl --

Actually,(what I was told by my LLC) is that the reason for the AAM week after 12 weeks, is that there were no studies done to show that a VLCD was "safe" after 12 weeks. So, you have an AAM to meet the legal restrictions imposed on VLCD.

MM

MinnieMel said:
Hi Sal & Festival Girl --

Actually,(what I was told by my LLC) is that the reason for the AAM week after 12 weeks, is that there were no studies done to show that a VLCD was "safe" after 12 weeks. So, you have an AAM to meet the legal restrictions imposed on VLCD.

MM

That's true Mel, there haven't been any long term studies and the NICE guidelines are there to ensure the safety of dieters. But it also serves as a metabolic boost. This vid from PT Chris Powell explains it better than I can, but he relates it to the diet followed on Biggest Loser, but relates to any low calorie diet. It's at about 3 mins if you want to skip through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5pdy_sFIAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Aw I want!!! Not sure I'd dare wear it though lol.

Glad Physio and work stuff went well - must be a relief! So when do u return? Do u have to do shifts? I hate on call! Luckily I don't have to do it in my current job but always did up till now!! Hated Ot with a passion!! Xx

kimmi1982 said:
Glad Physio and work stuff went well - must be a relief! So when do u return? Do u have to do shifts? I hate on call! Luckily I don't have to do it in my current job but always did up till now!! Hated Ot with a passion!! Xx

There was a mahoosive meeting with all the Trust big wigs this aft as to whether they are going to make Radiology go onto a shift system or whether they'll keep us on the rostered overtime system (better money for us if we keep it). Apparently the decision could go either way and both have cost implications. I'm not bothered either way really, more days off with shift system, and financially at my grade it won't matter too much to me cos I give away a lot of my overtime.

Shifts will matter to some people though, as the lower grades stand to lose a lot of money :( I'm selfish and want the time off, I've adjusted to not relying on the overtime money because I don't like doing it lol.

Be interested to find out what the fat cats have decided, it'll be based on which frees up more money for their bonuses no doubt lol.

As for On Call, dirty dirty words, I hate it!! We're doing 1in 4 at the moment which is grim, even grimmer for those left behind while I've been off, poor things!!

I need a rich husband so I can be a housewife, I'm quite taken with it! :D

Oh dear, I'm falling asleep here, already fell asleep in the bath earlier, I'd better go to bed I think! Night all :)

Good to see you've had your mind put at rest about work, and your big boss is supportive! Make the most of your last few days off then!!

:)

Morning everyone (well only just still morning). I'm not sure what to do with myself today. Part of me wants to enjoy these last few days off being lazy and not doing much, but another part of me wants to go out!

My waterproof mp3 player came yesterday, so I need to charge that up and get some songs put on it, cos I'm going to the gym tomorrow to try it out in the pool. I really hope it works as well as it says it does because swimming up and down to music is going to be much more enjoyable!!

I'm going to have a bit of a pamper day tomorrow, go swimming, sauna and steam room at the gym, then come home, put a mud pack on my face and repaint my toe nails etc.

So I guess I should probably stay in today, run the Hoover round etc, I need to find my swimming costume too, not sure what I've done with it.

I seem to be slacking on the planning front, which is probably more important than ever this week as I'm having an 810 week. Better give it some thought, I'll be back shortly with a daily plan.

Right plan for today better late than never lol.

Choc orange shake (held nose to drink - need rid of them)
Water 1.5 litres
Stawberry tetra (a treat)
Water 1.5 litres
K Spag boll with 175g chicken breast (should make a decent meal)
Tea & coffee with skimmed milk (Tea - I've missed you old friend)
Coke or Dr Pepper Zero

I'm seriously impressed with my tea tonight, I wondered what it was going to be like as I've never put the two things together. I usually have my chicken and then later on I have my K Cottage Pie or Spag bol, but I put them together tonight and it was a really filling meal :D

Plan for tomorrow:

K lemon bar
1.5 litres water
K cottage pie
1.5 litres water
Vanilla shake
Turkey mince curry (or chilli, not sure yet)
Dr Pepper Zero

I'm not sure what to do with my turkey mince, there's 350g of it which works out at exactly two days worth of turkey. I'm really not sure what to do with it. I've got curry powder and chilli powder but not really sure what else to put in, mushrooms maybe? I'm worried it'll be dry.

Just had an idea that might work with the turkey mince, I could make a veg stock out of marigold boullion and use that as a base, so it's not dry.

Back