Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

*Shanny* said:
Happy birthday beautiful sal,:) hope you enjoy your day.
Best wishes to you, love Shanxx:party0038::party0038::birthday:

Thank you xx

Birthday, is it someone's birthday???!!! :D

Thank you everyone xx

Happy Birthday Sal :birthday:

Sal you are still young there is plenty of time for you to meet Mr Right. Like Great Things I didn't meet my husband until I was 27, we married 3 years later. It's hard when everyone around you has a partner, but your time will come, and it's better to wait for the right person, than have a string of broken realtionships. My BF didn't meet her husband until she was 35, she'd had a long term relationship for a couple of years, but he wouldn't commit, like you most of her friends we married, and she used to get really down, because she was alone, she went out loads etc but had no-one special. Then when she least expected it she met her husband, and they have now been married 10 years and they are really happy. She often says, if someone had told her on days when she was depressed at being alone, that she would meet someone at such and age and be married by such an age she would have been happy to wait.

I've had a bit of a hair nightmare today :( but lovely hairdresser has fixed it a bit. I went for highlights which I've had in the past without any problem but today I ended up with blond highlights to about halfway down my hair then they went red. I dyed my hair not long after me and Ash split up and didn't realise it was a permanent colour :( so it didn't lift as well as my natural hair oopsy. Hairdresser managed to even the colour out, it's not what I wanted because it's quite red but it'll do for now. Going back in July to get the remaining colour stripped and the blond put back in. Bit of a nightmare but never mind.

I'm just getting ready to go out for tea with the family, got very spoilt today, my holiday to Florida is almost paid for and I only decided yesterday that I'm up for going, I just hope we can make it work being the only singleton.

Last edited:
Meal was fab, am stuffed!! Yeah 2 weeks in Florida hopefully, not set in stone yet though need to get together to talk more seriously, but if that falls through my brother and his girlfriend are still on about going anyway so I can prob go with them.

Oh sh!t just packing for London and have realised I have no summer tops that fit :( all my t-shirts are size 14 and my boobs refuse to squeeze into them now.... It's meant to be 21-22 degrees this weekend :eek: I have nothing to wear :( looks like an emergency last minute shopping trip is on the cards, I really don't want to spend much cos I'm not going to be a 16-18 for very long again, just need a couple of things to tide me over the weekend! Matalan here I come!!

Oh sh!t just packing for London and have realised I have no summer tops that fit :( all my t-shirts are size 14 and my boobs refuse to squeeze into them now.... It's meant to be 21-22 degrees this weekend :eek: I have nothing to wear :( looks like an emergency last minute shopping trip is on the cards, I really don't want to spend much cos I'm not going to be a 16-18 for very long again, just need a couple of things to tide me over the weekend! Matalan here I come!!
I haven't been to matalan for years.. Peacocks are good to. What time is your train? We are setting off at 9am a 4 hour drive.. Looking forward to being friends with my haribos again lol.

Get shopping sal x

Hmm might look in peacocks too, it's near matalan. I hate clothes shopping at the best if times but panic buying is worse. It makes me feel so fat and upset, but most determined to start on Monday! I have no inbetweeny sizes in summer clothes cos it was winter last time I was this weight :(

My friend is so stylish too so I'm going to look so frumpy, I have no fashion sense at all :( So far all I've managed to pack is my pjs and my undercrackers.

My train leaves Darlington at 4:25 and gets to London at 6:45, not a bad journey, I hope that I have the seat to myself though, I like to spread out lol.

Well my shopping trip was a complete failure :( I can't shop under pressure, I bought two vest tops neither of which will ever see the light of day probably. I'll end up taking them back when I come back from London.

On the plus side I've had a chat with my brother and his girlfriend and they're definitely up for Florida next year, Keisha was all for dashing to the travel agents there and then bless her, so at least I have that to look forward to yay!

Have a lovely weekend sal let your hair down.. And we will be both back on the diet I'm using exante now got a weeks worth.. Yummy bars can't wait to be shrinking again.

Speak soon petal x

I can't wait either, bring it on!!!

Only 4 small days left to go until the big START woo hoo!! :D :D going to enjoy London, but I can't wait to get back to begin my trip back to thin!!! I've got my inspiration photos up already, have cleared out the fridge and cupboards and I'm ready to go. It's good that I'm going away because next time I'm home I'll be in CD mode as soon as I walk through the door :D

Can't wait to just be able to reach into a box and grab a pack and not have to worry about what I need to cook for my next meal, so much easier! And I think the diet is easier if I focus on the positives of it:
1/ don't have to measure, weigh, think
2/ it's quick and easy
3/ great losses
4/ I'll feel better quicker than a food based diet
5/ it's not forever - 3 months will fly by
6/ temptation to binge is taken out of the equation!!!

HTML:
Only 4 small days left to go until the big START woo hoo!! :D :D going to enjoy London, but I can't wait to get back to begin my trip back to thin!!! I've got my inspiration photos up already, have cleared out the fridge and cupboards and I'm ready to go. It's good that I'm going away because next time I'm home I'll be in CD mode as soon as I walk through the door :D

Can't wait to just be able to reach into a box and grab a pack and not have to worry about what I need to cook for my next meal, so much easier! And I think the diet is easier if I focus on the positives of it:
1/ don't have to measure, weigh, think
2/ it's quick and easy
3/ great losses
4/ I'll feel better quicker than a food based diet
5/ it's not forever - 3 months will fly by
6/ temptation to binge is taken out of the equation!!!
HTML:

Have a great time in London :)

Good luck on the restart on your return you seem very determined and focused, I'm sure you will do well

I'm in the middle of a hideous reminder of why im trying to lose weight. I'd forgotten the pain of fat thighs rubbing together under a skirt. I'm terrified I'm going to set on fire :eek: it's painful. I will remember this firey pain next time I'm tempted to stray from the diet!

Hi Sal,

I used to use baby powder on my thighs before I dressed. It helped.

I am pretty sure they have shirts in London -- so, if you get the chance pick up some tops there.

Is your London friend a singleton? Why not ask if she'd like to go along on the Florida trip? Then you'd have someone to hang with -- share your room, scope out the local talent, etc.

Mel

Been shopping and bought a couple of nice summery tops, and some cut off cargo pants.

Great minds think alike Mel, I already asked her but she's off traveling next year so won't be here.

I'm quite proud of myself today, I've negotiated my way round London all by myself and didn't once get lost!! I'm back at my friends no because shes at work and I've got her key, I didn't know how long it'd take me to get back. I'm just going to have a little snooze while I wait for her to get home o think.

Back