Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

have thought about it but i think i'd put on! took time out whilst in disney! i just put on just looking at food. don't need to eat takeouts, bisc and crisps as i don't loose with what i'm eating anyway!

Hi Nikki,

I think Shanny might be right -- could you switch to doing something like Slimming World for a while. It might shakes things up a bit.

@Sal,

Maybe you'll meet someone in Disney and you can move into their room! It never ceases to amaze me how many married people I know that met on a holiday!

Mel

This is what I have to endure at work today.

Attachments

• image-4223957014.jpg
    image-4223957014.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3774488164.jpg
    image-3774488164.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 45
  • image-2283235489.jpg
    image-2283235489.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 41
Considering this is a hospital you are working in, what a cholesterol loaded pile of rubbish! What was this for?

Macmillan cancer charity bake sale!!! Raising money for charity and bake sales always bring in the ££££'s (I wonder why lol) didn't participate myself again, donated but didn't get a cake. This is a huge test of my resolve, but I'm okay still, prob cos I'm only a week in.

I've been thinking I'm probably going to need to do this for 12 weeks, so another 11 to go. It seemed daunting at first but I think now I've admitted it to myself I'm settled with the fact that this is what I have to do if I want to be thin again.

you can do it! i've got 3 weeks hardcore with 1 break for my mum's birthday on the 27th to get 99.9% of this flaming weight back off.

edibeedee said:
Glad to see you hanging in there Surf!

Hey Edi, good to see you back, how're you doing? I'm hanging in there, I'm doing this for the last time hopefully lol. I'm doing it 100% this time, no messing! I want this weight gone ASAP and 100% is the only way for me. Shame its taken me 18 months to realise this fact :rolleyes:

Today's staffroom offerings, two big boxes of Thorntons :( no freaking wonder I'm obese!!! This isn't unusual to have this amount of cr@p circulating the department, usually it's been brought in by medical reps or people who've been on holiday etc. It's a bloody nightmare, the only other place I can go to eat is the staff canteen but that's out of the question cos I can't make my meal packs up down there.

Attachments

• image-2233161660.jpg
    image-2233161660.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 33
  • image-1209981719.jpg
    image-1209981719.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 37
yikes! can you not get a shaker and take you and your sachet's out for a short walk. today is glorious. so hot. did core, cycled for 30 mins then zumba at the gym today..... teaching zumba tonight. loving it!

I probably could take a shaker but I can never get the shakes smooth enough with the shaker alone, I can't stand lumpy shakes. I've got enough willpower to ignore the treats that are constantly available in the staffroom - it actually gives me a sick kind of pleasure to resist and not help myself :D

I've just been having a look at the photo's I took last week at the beginning of the diet, I'm actually quite disgusted with what I've done to my body. It looks terrible, I'm like the Michelin man :cry:rolls of flab. My stomach is aweful!! I'm mortified!! There's no wonder Ash left when thats what he had to look at, why wouldn't he want to be with someone with a better body? There's plenty of girls around with better bodies.

The damage is done now, and no matter how much I diet and exercise there's no way it'll ever look nice again. It makes me miserable, and it looks like I've got a round cushion stuck on the front of me below my boobs and above my belly button. From the side it looks even worse :cry:I'm not brave enough to put pictures on here. Maybe further down the line if I see a difference but for now I'm too ashamed. I might as well accept that my stomach is a complete mess and try and focus on getting my legs and arms looking better.

I feel like I might have a touch of Body Dysmorphia but it really makes me miserable and self conscious.

Still diet-wise, still going strong! To be honest now I'm over the first bad few days I'm fine. I can still have arguments with myself over whether to eat something or not, but I know that I won't give in to myself, I wanted ice cream earlier and decided it would be okay just once, but I havent bought any, and don't feel deprived of it either. I'm okay on the diet I'd just like some good fast losses to get me on the way. I'm not weighing myself at all for a while to avoid the mind games that I have when I see my weight.

Hi Surfhunny,

Sorry for jumping into your diary :)

Have you tried the 30 day shred? Its a killer but I've managed it while on exante.

I've only been doing it for 6 days but I can see a slight difference already. It might help if you want to tone up? Just an idea :)

most of it will spring back surf. not much will be left hanging. yes there will be some but it won't be as bad as you think it will. after the diet it will take a bit to shrink back so don't get downhearted at first.

Hi Surfhunny,

Sorry for jumping into your diary :)

Have you tried the 30 day shred? Its a killer but I've managed it while on exante.

I've only been doing it for 6 days but I can see a slight difference already. It might help if you want to tone up? Just an idea :)

Yes thanks for the suggestion, I'm starting Level 2 of 30 Day Shred tomorrow, had a sneaky peek at it tonight when I'd finished, it looks scarey but I'm always up for a challenge and I'm bored with level 1 now. Not looking forward to aching again though.

Last edited:
I like your diary name change.. Go you xxx

I changed it because Operation Showgirl is well over and my newest one "Stand Up and Finish What You Started" is too close to Nikki's and it could get confusing. Also I want something that reminds me I'm in this for the long haul and also how much I've done.:D

most of it will spring back surf. not much will be left hanging. yes there will be some but it won't be as bad as you think it will. after the diet it will take a bit to shrink back so don't get downhearted at first.

I really hope so, it's so gross, it's not even saggy skin it's just gross fat!! I hope it goes, it's mega-stubborn and didn't go last time, even at 11st 7lbs it was still there, this lump of fat on the front of my body :cry:I think I'll have to be 9st for it to be gone. And thats totally unachievable!! It's too soon to start getting hung up about it really but I hate it so much, I desperately hope that 30 Day Shred will help reduce it.

Surf that was part of my problem before, really didn't see a change in my body in my minds eye even though everyone around me was saying otherwise. To me, I looked the same naked but really my body just shrunk I just could never get my mind around it. This time will be better because I know what to expect body image wise. Hang in there girlie, WE CAN DO THIS!

Hello! I completely sympathise with your worries! Ever since I started high school (10 years ago) ive had that same roll of fat even when I was 12 stone ( im 5ft 10 so this was ideal weight) and my stomach where my tummy button is was totally flat! I'm now 17 stone and now have a massive stomach all over!

Anyone know how to get rid of this irritating bit? xxx

Back