Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

p.s food makes me feel good about myself until the reality of the scales climbing hits home! then i'm miserable so i eat to make myself feel better about myself. endless circle!

I've been reading this great book called ' the secret ' you should look it up on youtube ' the secret on oprah winfrey ' it's really good , it tells you that everything in your life good or bad you attract and that you can have what ever you want by changing the way you think, not to think about what you dont want, but about what you do want and believing you have it already and that thoughts become things. (I am babbling lol) but it has been helping me and from now on I'm going to think about only what I want, and not worry about failing anymore!! I will lose weight this time!! x

really good point sal, i dont think i have a traumatic event that caused my weight gain. i could find one or create one out of certain situations, but i would be making excuses.

i always ate a lot, but as a kid i did lots and lots of exercise. judo twice a week, gymnastics three times a week, horse riding all weekend. then when i hit my teens i gave it all up, but didnt reduce my eating and i guess i never had.

I don't have any traumatic event either. I've been fat but not really really fat since i was about seven years old. My family and pretty much everyone else were complete *****es to me about it but they weren't the cause of the original gain, i just wasn't active enough and ate the same as my sister who ran around all day.

Then as an adult, i've gradually gained over the years as a result of holidays until i got to my biggest (before i started this). I don't generally gain day to day, as any weekend binges are countered by being good in the week. My only real problem is not making an effort to get weight gain off as soon as i can. And i know what i need to do to mantain, just as soon as i can get most of this weight off!

I think there's more people with no traumatic event than there are with one. It's just a convenient thing to blame... Im sure it's because it's easier for psychologists to "fix" people with traumatic history. How just fix someone like me who just enjoys food?

Thats exactly why when I had hypnosis last week I had him tackle my bingeing rather than anything else. He did ask me while under whether there was a reason for my bingeing and my answer was basically because I can and what difference is it going to make, I'm already fat.

Do you recommend hypnosis? I've thought about giving it a go, but the control freak in me doesn't think I can let go of CD. I'm not sure about giving myself over to the hynosis process.... :eek:

Ohh Interesting stuff. I dont think that a "traumatic" event is as much to blame as an inability to "self soothe" and just plain unconcious eating...how many of use have eaten a chocolate bar mindlessly when bored, shoveled a bag of share size sensations into our mouths when we have been watching a movie? Drank a 2LT bottle of coke in a day without batting an eyelid, been so busy that we opted for a takeaway instead of going home to cook...this list is endless.

We probably all have the same metabolic type, where we metabolise ok, but if we dont use it (and that means breaking a sweat in a sustained manner for more than 20 minutes a day) then we will be storing it as fat. I would also hazard a guess all of use carry weight on the middle of our bodies and are sugar sensetive or insulin resistant, which is a pre-diabetic state (type 2 at least) That seems to a common denominator around here.

I am an emotional eater, rather than freak during arguments or when I get over stressed out I tend to stuff the anger down with sweet stuff...it's never like pie and chips or an indian, it's usually cake, sweets, chocolate... that sort of thing

I think you are right to an extent that no one event can have such an impact that we go food crazy and just gain weight overnight, it's a long slow process and has a lot to do with our psychology, or view of ourselves and the world around us.

Of course, greed is one aspect (but then greed can be based in fear of lack, not having enough of something or plainly feeling empty) There is also people who love food, but who loves food so much that it has a damaging affect on our health? Really...There is enjoying food, but then there is loving food and there is a real difference. That kind of love, one which damages us, if it was a real relationship, then we would be telling ourselves to get the hell out of there!

My husband eats loads and quickly because he was one of 12 kids, so dinner times, if you were not quick, you lost out :) Mind you there is not a pick on him, the bugger.

Nat

Jurys out still sal, i'll hold judgement for a couple more weeks. all good so far, i can definately see a difference though.

Sorry Sal, quick reply last night. In bed and on the mob app.

I've got a new diary on the go where I am thrashing out my thoughts!

Kez your diary has got me thinking too!! It's that big gain of 7/8lbs as soon as I come off CD that's been the undoing of me every time I've tried to restart. It's glycogen stores replenishing and I never really realised that. That is why it's an all or nothing diet and cheating on it has such massive consequences. It's a shame it's taken me two years to work that out!!! It's why I panic when I come off that all the weight is going to go flying back on as quick as the first 7/8lbs did. Then I contribute to that by eating masses in disappointment. Now I recognise it hopefully I can avoid that this time. It's 100% or find another diet. This is the Last Chance Saloon!!!

80's song for the day....Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZD4ezDbbu4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Today is going to be tough!!! 21 hour shift lies ahead of me :eek: I struggle to work meals out when I'm up all this time!! So this is my plan.....

1st bar at 1pm
Chilli at 4:30pm (enforced break)
Shake or scrambled eggs at 11pm ish depending on how busy we are.
Shake or scrambled eggs at 4am depending on which I had earlier.

Then out of tomorrow's allowance:
Bar at 8 am.

I'll take spare shakes with me just in case I get hungry because it was a night shift that unhinged my last attempt. I hope I can do this because I don't want to come unstuck this early in the game!!! I'm dreading it. One of the girls I'm on with always brings loads of junk in when she's on nights I hope she doesn't tonight :( This is partly why I gained steadily since I qualified, people find the only way to get through the 21 hour night shifts is eating constantly!!

Wish me luck!!!

Good Luck!!! Be Strong, it's only 1 more day and when you make it out the otherside you'll be so chuffed with yourself.

I'm so hungry :( I know it's probably psychological because I've just had my scrambled eggs now. I'll have my chilli later on. Everyone around me is eating tasty food, I'm struggling but I just keep thinking that I'm not going to knock myself out of ketosis again.

Stay strong...count the hours down!

I'm so hungry :( I know it's probably psychological because I've just had my scrambled eggs now. I'll have my chilli later on. Everyone around me is eating tasty food, I'm struggling but I just keep thinking that I'm not going to knock myself out of ketosis again.
Don't think about everyone else's foods sal I know it's tough:) think chilli lol.!

Your doing fab xx

I think there's more people with no traumatic event than there are with one. It's just a convenient thing to blame... Im sure it's because it's easier for psychologists to "fix" people with traumatic history. How just fix someone like me who just enjoys food?

For what it's worth, I think you're spot on with this. And it doesn't just make it easier for psychologists. I think we'd all like to be able to blame something or somebody for our 'weight problem'. But I wouldn't be so quick to assume that just because you haven't got a problem that the reason you got overweight is because you're greedy. Cos I don't think that's true either. From what I've read of your diary, Sal, you're not greedy. You can spend weeks and months not being greedy and being perfectly in control of your eating. So that's not the reason either, though that's certainly how the media portray the overweight.

I suspect the rise in obesity has much to do with the foodstuffs that we are openly encouraged to eat, wheat in particular. It's cheap to make food from and makes food manufacturers millions of pounds (therefore makes governments happy because big business is good for the economy) - but it's no good for our health. Similarly sugar is evil stuff. It's added to nearly all processed food (try finding a packet of ham that hasn't had it added :rolleyes:). Some believe that sugar is as addictive as heroin. So if you've spent a lifetime battling sugar demons, you're going to find it really hard to beat them.

Anyway - off my soapbox, LOL. I just didn't like you referring to yourself as greedy. :)

you can do it sally :)

had 9 people at my wolviston zumba tonight. really pleased :)

Back