Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Tall fat and greedy said:
Hi surfhunny, you are sticking at it and that the main thing. I was also thinking that being 15 instead of 18 is an achievement in itself and how maybe now you have to think of this as the last stage in in a long journey! I too wonder if I might be on CD forever and if things like my back problem relate to diets in the past but I don't know.

I also looked at that thread when it was first posted and thought oh no this will kick off, and watched and lo and behold it did. It is hard to post when people can't hear your tone of voice.

Just hang in there

Thank you!! I sometimes forget that I'm not really that far away from my goal, not in the great scheme of things. I'm almost at a more comfortable weight, which is good too.

MinnieMel said:
Hi Sal and Nikki --

Socks, flannel jammies, because my DH does not want to turn on the heat, yet either. I'll bet the ketosis isn't helping either one of you with the cold... but it is a good sign re: weight loss.

Mel

You're right Mel, let's hope I'm not retaining water this week as well. My winter jammies are washed and ready to wear after my long hot bath. I've had another really stressful day and I really, really want a big bar of dairy milk but instead I'm going to have a hot bath and go to bed!

Good Girl. Here is a night treat:

chocolatbutton.jpg

Ha ha thanks Mel!

I'm in my fleece as we speak. Drank 3 pints of fizzy water + cd flavouring tonight on top of the 3 pints already consumed. Love it. Much nicer than coffee and booze.

My dude was dry the full day. Kept going potty! Yeah! Good boy!

Yay Dude!! I witnessed Little E's first poo on the potty, felt very surreal congratulating her for doing a poo lol.

My bro and SIL are having masses of trouble downloading the new software for the iPhone, SIL gave up while her phone still works and bro's phone is dead! I'm so glad I procrastinated about doing it, I was too scared to do it because I'm on call and if my phone goes into Restore mode I'm screwed. SIL is a computer programmer and gave up trying to install it :eek: no hope for me!! It's prob because it's brand spanking new and the whole world is trying to download it. I'll wait until next week when I'm not on call....... Or maybe I just won't bother....

Good morning Sal can I ask a question please I have 6 old terta's banana they are 5 days out of date do u think I can still have them please?
I'd hate to bin them lol... I have posted a thread just not sure really.

Hope your well hon x

Morning, I would say taste them but have a back up in case they taste gross. I'll admit that I had 3 that were a month out of date and they tasted fine, BUT I'm not sure what happens to the nutrients in them I imagine they denature over time. If it's only a week or so past they should be okay. But like I say taste them and see, if they taste even slightly odd don't have them.

Morning, I would say taste them but have a back up in case they taste gross. I'll admit that I had 3 that were a month out of date and they tasted fine, BUT I'm not sure what happens to the nutrients in them I imagine they denature over time. If it's only a week or so past they should be okay. But like I say taste them and see, if they taste even slightly odd don't have them.
Thank you I will give them a go tomorrow then. Yeh I thought the nutrients in them may be affected.. Oh well.
Thank you again x

Hi Sal,

Morning!

@Danii -- The contents of the package cannot read the outside date. It has been in the news that these expiration dates are usually excessively cautious (esp. with something that is powdered). Sal's advice is solid -- unless it seems "funky" it is probably fine.

Mel

Surfhunny said:
Yay Dude!! I witnessed Little E's first poo on the potty, felt very surreal congratulating her for doing a poo lol.

My bro and SIL are having masses of trouble downloading the new software for the iPhone, SIL gave up while her phone still works and bro's phone is dead! I'm so glad I procrastinated about doing it, I was too scared to do it because I'm on call and if my phone goes into Restore mode I'm screwed. SIL is a computer programmer and gave up trying to install it :eek: no hope for me!! It's prob because it's brand spanking new and the whole world is trying to download it. I'll wait until next week when I'm not on call....... Or maybe I just won't bother....

What new software? I popped mine onto my computer Tuesday and had no problems at all.

iOS5, it only came out yesterday, hence the problems, everyone rushing to upgrade at once. Had a look at my bro's phone just now and its not massively different, some helpful things, like texts don't interrupt what you're already doing anymore, things like that.

I'm so so cold, I'm physically shivering because I've just got home from my mum and dads with their heating and fire on (cold mum too lol) to my house which although the temp thingy says 20 degrees it feels freezing.

Surfhunny said:
I'm so so cold, I'm physically shivering because I've just got home from my mum and dads with their heating and fire on (cold mum too lol) to my house which although the temp thingy says 20 degrees it feels freezing.

I've had my heating on today. So cold. Gone through 2l of fizzy water too. Will have to plug my phone in.

I'm probably not going to make it to official WI tonight because I'm on call for work and if the rest of the week is anything to go by I won't get out of here until at least 7, no good when WI is at 6 :( At least mums going so she can pick up my packs.

Anyway the scales are finally co-operating and I'm 7lb down this week!! :) this is completely baffling to me as it's the week before TOTM, and I have done nothing different to last week? Very mysterious!!!

I don't think I look and thinner yet, no one has noticed anyway. And I don't feel thinner, but the scales say I am, so I must be!

Love this! The scales say I am, so I must be! :)

Anyway the scales are finally co-operating and I'm 7lb down this week!! :) this is completely baffling to me as it's the week before TOTM, and I have done nothing different to last week? Very mysterious!!!

I don't think I look and thinner yet, no one has noticed anyway. And I don't feel thinner, but the scales say I am, so I must be!

before_and_after_weight_loss_congratulations_postcard-p239150184931315411qibm_400.jpg

It shows, it shows... when did you go Blonde? And did they make you sheriff of the hospital? ;) Congrats on the 1/2 stone in one go!!!

Surfhunny said:
I'm probably not going to make it to official WI tonight because I'm on call for work and if the rest of the week is anything to go by I won't get out of here until at least 7, no good when WI is at 6 :( At least mums going so she can pick up my packs.

Brilliant Sally. Well done. You stuck out the hard times and poor losses and you are amazing! Please kick my big fat butt. Going to have to really focus. Being a bit lax.

Back