Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

ive had comments like that to my face! like fat people are deaf, stupid or both! ...so fed up with people talking to me as tho im thick just cause im fat! i mean wtf? ...

Mad society we live in - most the supermarket encourages us to get fat, all the media makes us love slim people and hate fat people and then the dieting industry makes crazy money as does the pharmaceutical companies from weight related issues.... Just a thought!!

i was last at my ideal weigh last xmas at just under 11st 7lbs. then i slowly crept up from there. i'm now battling with the 12st range trying to drop back into the 11s.

people do think that fat people are lazy, eat too much, don't exercise etc etc but even when i've put on weight i'm a lot fitter than most ordinary thin people i meet. i could exercise them under the table!

i'm hanging on with this diet with the thought of having some nice treats at xmas. it's keeping me going. it's making me ignore the biscuit tin, the crisps in the cupboard etc etc etc. it's hard when life is just not normal but i know that life will be like this forever. a constant battle with my weight as i am greedy. i like my food. i love the wrong types of foods as well as the right types of foods and i know my body reacts badly to carbs, wine (alcohol) and sugary things but i still inflict myself with these things.

i tried my dress on again tonight... probably a mistake so late but it still doesn't fit and i'm a stone down :( i seriously need to shift some weight asap. scales haven't moved since monday. i look bloated :( i had a coffee today whilst i was waiting for my car to be valeted (and cause there was nothing better to do) and towards the bottom you could taste that i had been made with a coffee mate type substance and i thought..... b*gger bet that had sugar in it or something :(

anyway, although i'm hanging on for xmas i need to also realise that in 2 weeks a lot of damage can be done and i need to still take stock, exercise and watch what does go in 99% of the time as otherwise i'll need to loose a stone by january.

Last edited:
Nikki you are doing some good planning here. I had a coffee upset yesterday. I ordered a soya latte and within an hour of drinking it I new that it had not been made with soya. UGH!

Hi Sal -- I hope your day at work goes well tomorrow. what do you think of this new 1 million days on and a few off schedule?

MinnieMel said:
Hi Sal -- I hope your day at work goes well tomorrow. what do you think of this new 1 million days on and a few off schedule?

I'm only 9-5 today and tomorrow but Sat &Sun I'm 8-8 which is going to be a killer I think! I really don't like this new system at all, it's very disruptive! I never know what I'm doing, when I'm meant to be getting up etc it's a nightmare! It's not even how the nurses work shifts, there's no pattern to it at all :(

I'm only 9-5 today and tomorrow but Sat &Sun I'm 8-8 which is going to be a killer I think! I really don't like this new system at all, it's very disruptive! I never know what I'm doing, when I'm meant to be getting up etc it's a nightmare! It's not even how the nurses work shifts, there's no pattern to it at all :(

Hi Sal,

Sounds like it would totally screw up your baody clock -- and that makes it all that much harder to work out, eat properly, get enough rest, etc. I think it would be dangerous considering the nature of your work.

I wish you best possible of Fridays and weekend under the circumstances.

An nervously awaiting WI, I'd love a loss but I think my body has other ideas, it's hanging onto every bit of water it can. Still no sign of TOTM although I've been bent double with cramps (tmi sorry) and my tummy is so bloated. The stress of work a few weeks ago has messed up my cycle and I'm dreading it's arrival now cos it'll be a rough one I think. I can't wait until my BMI gets back under 30 and I'll be happy to go back on the pill again!

Please everyone send me good vibes for a loss tonight!!

Weeeell no loss :( but no gain either :) . I told my CDC about imminent TOTM and she looked back at my record card, every TOTM Ive either gained a bit or STSd so she said not to worry and see how next week goes.

I want chocolate and lots of it but that's just my pmt talking. I'm going to start taking my 5-HTP again! Partly to curb my cravings and partly to help me get off to sleep and stay asleep. I've been struggling to sleep these past few nights. I feel like I'm anxious about something but I have no idea what.... These next two 12 hour shifts maybe?

Hi Sal,

So the STS was actually pretty good, as your norm would be a gain. I hope the 5-HTP does the trick, it certainly seemed to be helping before when you were taking it.

I imagine those 12 hours shifts would amke you anxious. It is ahrd to stick to a food plan when rushed and exhausted, plus drinking the water must be an issue. And, then there is the job and people.

Good luck.

Wow today has been super sh!tty. I'm aching all over, feel like I've been mown down by a steamroller. I'm shattered, it was so so busy. And I get to do it all over again tomorrow. It sucks balls :(

But on the plus side my TOTM finally showed up this evening almost 3 weeks late!! So hopefully when Friday comes there will have been downwards movement.

I've made an appointment on Monday at the Apple Genius Bar because I'm having problems with my iPhone since the software upgrade. It crashes and dies when the battery gets to 18%. And the other morning it stayed at 100% for 2 and a half hours despite me using it for all sorts. So I'm going to take it in and see if they have any suggestions, I've only got 3 months before I can upgrade.

Morning Sal,

Sorry about the bad day at work. You did the ios5 thing, right? I have been reading that there is somesort of problem in that software and Apple is working on a fix. I have they've sorted it.

What will you upgrade, too? A iphone4S or a BlackberryBold?

Mel

Yup I did the iOS 5 thing :( wish I hadn't!! But I still love my iPhone so up grade will most definitely be to a 4S!

Yup I did the iOS 5 thing :( wish I hadn't!! But I still love my iPhone so up grade will most definitely be to a 4S!

You and millions of others are regretting the ios 5 thing.

I hope it gets sorted. I am out to go shopping in a bit. We have a long drive.

I haven't had any problems with the upgrade. Did get a message in my settings that I have more updates to do. My leave it now lol. X

I haven't had any problems with the upgrade. Did get a message in my settings that I have more updates to do. My leave it now lol. X

I think I would. Morning, Shanny. You are up early for a Sunday.

I understand why Sal is... all those shifts must make her body clock crazy. Ugh!

i'm on my 2nd iphone. i upgraded. i love it. i've got a message in my settings too about upgrading but i'm not doing it yet.

I'm not doing another one of those weekends again. For the twice a year it happens I WILL be putting annual leave in for them in future. It's been brutal. I'll catch up better tomorrow because I'm off to bed now. So so tired.

Back