Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

bouncy bouncy boing boing. bump!

hope u r ok. things are getting better. had another sts but it's taken me a week to get back to where i was after a birthday extravagansa.

I'm so fed up I could cry (again). Work is okay for a change it's my health (physical & mental) that's getting me down :( Before my last TOTM I got bad pains in my lower abdomen and under carriage (probs TMI coming up). I put it down to PMT as it went away when TOTM came. But now it's back again, 4 days after TOTM left.

I've got sciatic back pain which I get from time to time except its now radiating down to my groin, making my under carriage painful, uncomfortable and a bit tingly. I don't know if this is a gynae problem or related to my sciatica or what. I really really don't want to go but I've made an appointment to see my dr on Wednesday morning. I'm terrified, my mind is working over time, I've thought of all kinds of possibilities, ranging from sciatica, ovarian cysts and irritable bowel to various gynae cancers and fibroids.

But none of my symptoms seem to fit with anything suspicious, so now I'm wondering if it's all in my head. I feel like I've got Munchausens. Constantly at the Drs for one thing or another lately. Until last year I only ever went for smears and pill check ups.

Only yesterday I had to go to eye casualty because I had glass in my eye. Little E got one of those Kids Hello Kitty folding hairbrushes and she dropped it on the floor, the mirror in it smashed so I took it off her, as I unfolded it to check if there were sharp edges the mirror made a popping noise and lots of shards of glass flew up into my face and one went in my eye. It was so painful, Dad took me to the hospital and as soon as it was fished out the relief was immediate. I'm cross because Little E could've got glass in her eye, there was no label on it saying not suitable for below x years on it.

I'm sick of not feeling 100% health wise. It seems to be one thing after another with me at the moment. And this week is horrible, I'm 9-9 shift tomorrow, Drs and night shift weds, biopsy thurs and Grans funeral Friday. Aaargh fed up! Not posting much because I'm too preoccupied with the cr@p in my life, I'm not being very supportive to anyone, sorry :(

i think that our health directly affects us and is mostly weight related. since toning on saturday i've had awful back ache on my left side. i think it my sciatica but i can't do anything to fix it. so i'm living with it. i'll zumba through it and concentrate on loosing weight this week. 4lbs is my target.

give yourself a little slide for this week and after the funeral of your nan think about yourself. think about making sure that you have a long and healthy life. i suppose i've forgotten but mine is not to get diabetise. unlike my mum, i need to be healthy now. i can't afford for my children to go through what i went through last year.

think about yourself. think about what your nan would have most wanted for you. focus your mind. do what you can do live for as long as you can in a healthy state. life is for living, you're a long time dead as the saying goes.

Thanks Nikki, I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm not good with illness and ailments. I've taken ibuprofen and gone to bed, pain is gone for now. I kind of wish I didn't have the job I have because I know enough medicine to scare myself and then spend so much time trying to reason with myself. I wish I didn't automatically fear the worst :cry:

you'll be ok. just look at me. bleeding when i go to the loo. even without medical knowledge i know it'll be piles but you can't help thinking other things like cancer etc etc

Hi Sal,

Sorry everything is such a struggle atm. It is certainly understandable. I am glad your eye was not permanently injured and you are right to be annoyed that there was not a recommended age on that toy. I am not doing so great myself with the dieting and I do not have the kind of stresses that you have -- so just ride it out. (((((HUGS)))))

I think with the ailments and worry -- there is an old saying about how doctors make the worst patients and I am sure the same can be said about nurses: you know too much.

You'll be okay -- I'm sure of it. I hope that you...

have_good_dayflying_butter_fly_animation_good_day_greeting.gif

Just back from the drs, she's done swabs for infection. She doesn't think it's anything to worry about because it went away when I got my period, it's likely to do with imbalance of ph and hormones. Just got to wait until Monday for results.

Morning Sal,

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Happy Groundhog Day!

groundhog-digging-hole-animated-gif.gif

Saw this on Facebook!!

image-379187540.jpg

I wish I would remember this sometimes when it all seems to hard.

000we16_JC.gif

Hi Sal,

I hope that you do not have to go out in the snow once it hits.

493e475a09101e6ab93934b1b6e5be16.image.350x350.JPG

My front windows are totally frozen over, it's freaky I don't like not being able to see out!!!

My lovely CDC is seeing me on Thursday morning, she usually has Thursdays off and sees clients in the evening but is making an exception for me, how nice is that. Tomorrow I'm back on SS properly!!

image-2064648173.jpg

From outside

image-3348748130.jpg

From inside

image-3732651747.jpg

Inside upstairs

Evening Sal,

Cool pictures! Good Luck with your restart!

:4633:

Good Luck , Im sure you will get to goal for your mate hen do

Thank you Hun.

image-3631357874.jpg

Dressing change, thanks for sticking it to my hair Dr!

Happy Monday, Sal!

My iphone 3gs is winging its way across the Atlantic!!! So, excited!!

Back