Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

I got drop 2 jeans sizes and the chocoholic cure is desperation. Originally I got the power shower which i liked so I went mad and bought more!

Hold up! I've not. No! Haha. I will though. Obvs.

I've just bought the Drop two or more jean sizes slimpod, hopefully it'll help me get my head into gear because my focus is just completely lost :(

I'm hoping this Slimpod will really help me and not just be another gimmick like all the hypno apps and hypnoband things I've bought.

My mum (good old mum) used a bit of reverse psychology on me the other day. She said if I'm struggling to get my head back into the right place for CD why didn't I join WE or SW for a while. It helped focus me a bit because any other diet now would just be too slow and I'd lose interest. My mum is expert in reverse psychology and used to use it on me all the time when I was a kid. "No Sally you don't have to go to gymnastics/swimming/netball practice you can stay at home and do homework instead." I chose sport every time!

Tonight is the dreaded wi with CDC I've already told her she has to make me get on the scales, and I've warned her about my binge. Not looking forward to it but I guess it's the moment of truth, I find out exactly what I have to work with and take things from there, it might focus me a bit more!!! Here's hoping!!!

Last edited:
I've found a new sport - power mowing!!! This involves mowing the lawn very fast before the heavens open!! I worked up quite a sweat running up and down with the mower!! Phew, shower time!!!

image-2786432956.jpg

Mowing this jungle before......

image-1817965278.jpg

......this hits.

image-4294843011.jpg

In the nick of time, everything put away just as the rain started.

image-3687596364.jpg

Shrek feet, probably not the best idea to cut wet grass in flip flops but hey ho, done now!!

Im only back on week 2 and hate it already. Id much rather be on sw :( but with the wedding 11 weeks away i am now running on desperation and panic rather than motivation!

cornishkez said:
Im only back on week 2 and hate it already. Id much rather be on sw :( but with the wedding 11 weeks away i am now running on desperation and panic rather than motivation!

I'm hoping desperation and panic will set in with me soon too. How much do you want to lose Kez?

As much as i can by the wedding, im hoping 2 stone is realistic :)

I think it is!! Good luck hun you can do it!! I'm starting tomorrow do I'm with you on it, yet again!! Let's do this!!!!

I think it is!! Good luck hun you can do it!! I'm starting tomorrow do I'm with you on it, yet again!! Let's do this!!!!

good luck with your restart, i just wanted to say i am sure no matter what diet you go on, if we go back to what we ate before we will gain weight, i know what you mean about your friend, mine is 25 stone and only 5ft and she said she would love to be my size and it got me thinking hmmmmmmmmmmm do i really need to lose this weight, but YES I DO....so started SS week ago :D
luv sharon xxxxxxxxx

Absolutely right Sharon, it's not the diets fault. I had a long chat with my CDC, longer session than normal cos she didn't have a client booked in until later. So she's basically said I've got under 4stone to lose and 4 months to do it, if I don't start right now I won't have a cat in hells chance of getting to target for Florida - harsh but true. Basically from now on if I deviate at all from SS I can kiss goodbye to target for Florida and I have to keep reminding myself of that fact whenever I want to eat!!!

It's a big wake up call, and hopefully exactly what I needed! I'll kick myself if I don't feel comfortable in Florida, I have to remember how awkward I felt in vegas, I want to be in my holiday photos this year!!

Surfhunny said:
Absolutely right Sharon, it's not the diets fault. I had a long chat with my CDC, longer session than normal cos she didn't have a client booked in until later. So she's basically said I've got under 4stone to lose and 4 months to do it, if I don't start right now I won't have a cat in hells chance of getting to target for Florida - harsh but true. Basically from now on if I deviate at all from SS I can kiss goodbye to target for Florida and I have to keep reminding myself of that fact whenever I want to eat!!!

It's a big wake up call, and hopefully exactly what I needed! I'll kick myself if I don't feel comfortable in Florida, I have to remember how awkward I felt in vegas, I want to be in my holiday photos this year!!

Sometimes that is what is needed strong but wise words!!! Good luck on ya journey hun its hard we all know that but it's our choice!! Xxxxx

Glad to hear you had a good chat with your CDC. You will want to be comfortable in Florida - in 4 months it will be very hot and you will be in sundresses, light clothing and trying not to melt! :) Did your CDC make you weigh in as you wanted, so you know what your current weight point is?

Stick ot it - you know it works as you've already lost 4st. Perhaps now is also the time to start working on any issues you might have with food or resulting in your eating. When I read your posts recently I get uncomfortable - it sounds a bit like me sabotaging myself. I think sometimes I'm afraid of succeeding - it removes excuses for not doing things. Sorry for the armchair psych - just sharing some ideas.

Good luck! Take it day by day - you can do this!

I do think there's definitely an element of self sabotage with me. I'm not scared to succeed but I am scared of maintaining my success!! I'm scared of the eternal struggle that maintaining my target weight involves. It definitely holds me back from succeeding! I need to get over that!

So looks like I've finally made it through Day 1!!! At last!!! Trouble is I'm dosed up on codeine :( I think the combination of attacking the lawn yesterday then gutting the kitchen this morning and then twisting badly has meant that I've pulled the muscles in my lower back. At first I couldn't move and really feared that I'd slipped a disc, but once I'd allowed myself to relax I relished I could move, even though it was painful.

If it was a slipped disc I'd have pains down my legs and i wouldn't be able to move as well as I can but it's still painful, so I've dosed up with ibuprofen to take the inflammation down, and codeine for the pain and that combination seems to be working. I'm not looking forward to the night shift tomorrow but I'll be careful and not do any lifting at all.

What a bloody year 2012 has been so far!! Hopefully my luck will change soon!

Surfhunny said:
So looks like I've finally made it through Day 1!!! At last!!! Trouble is I'm dosed up on codeine :( I think the combination of attacking the lawn yesterday then gutting the kitchen this morning and then twisting badly has meant that I've pulled the muscles in my lower back. At first I couldn't move and really feared that I'd slipped a disc, but once I'd allowed myself to relax I relished I could move, even though it was painful.

If it was a slipped disc I'd have pains down my legs and i wouldn't be able to move as well as I can but it's still painful, so I've dosed up with ibuprofen to take the inflammation down, and codeine for the pain and that combination seems to be working. I'm not looking forward to the night shift tomorrow but I'll be careful and not do any lifting at all.

Lower backs are so painful, I get terrible pain in my sacrum area. Codeine is so good, I get the 30 mg ones from doc, they are my best friends when my back plays up. Well done getting through today, x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Surfhunny said:

I did exactly the same last sat doing the garden - I have had a slipped disc before but this was just a sprain - was very painful but ok now. I always use nurofen as it is an anti inflammatory. I've now got an awful cold and feeling sorry for myself - at least I have no appetite! Hope you recover quickly - lay off the lawn!

My back is still really sore today but at least I managed a good nights sleep. Today I'm having a sofa day, I've got 4 episodes of Obese A Year to Save My Life saved on sky+ and also loads of episodes of Biggest Loser (US & Aus) saved to watch to keep me motivated!!! So I'm going to watch some of them today to rest up before my night shift tonight.

I'm not going to scale hop too much because I didn't look at my scales to compare to my CDCs. I think they're usually about 2lbs lighter than hers. I'll check before wi next Friday.

Back