Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

I am sulking!! :cry: I have fallen off the wagon so hard this week am very upset with myself!! It doesn't make it easier when I have people telling me I look fine, I shouldn't worry about dieting etc etc etc. I'm so easily lead right now that's all it takes for me to think "yeah they're right I am fine" , fall off the wagon then wake up filled with regret and guilt and fear that I'm not going to make it in time!!

I even found myself thinking if I could make to 13st before Florida then I'll be happy - but NO I WON'T not really :(

Haven't done RFL today either, friends little girl is poorly so she pulled out yesterday and I woke up this morning with an ear infection and banging headache! Also I'm nights tonight so the whole combination has lead me to staying in bed instead. I'll send a cheque off even though I didn't even manage to get any sponsors.

So on the whole I feel pretty poop right now. I have to do this but seem to get to the evening time and it all unravels. I can't go to bed as soon as I get home, although I think that's what I'll have to do :( in order to stop this!!

I have 11 and a half weeks!!!!!! 83 Days!!! To do this I need to lose 3st!!!! Sh!t :eek:

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Last edited:
Surfhunny said:
I am sulking!! :cry: I have fallen off the wagon so hard this week am very upset with myself!! It doesn't make it easier when I have people telling me I look fine, I shouldn't worry about dieting etc etc etc. I'm so easily lead right now that's all it takes for me to think "yeah they're right I am fine" , fall off the wagon then wake up filled with regret and guilt and fear that I'm not going to make it in time!!

I even found myself thinking if I could make to 13st before Florida then I'll be happy - but NO I WON'T not really :(

Haven't done RFL today either, friends little girl is poorly so she pulled out yesterday and I woke up this morning with an ear infection and banging headache! Also I'm nights tonight so the whole combination has lead me to staying in bed instead. I'll send a cheque off even though I didn't even manage to get any sponsors.

So on the whole I feel pretty poop right now. I have to do this but seem to get to the evening time and it all unravels. I can't go to bed as soon as I get home, although I think that's what I'll have to do :( in order to stop this!!

I have 11 and a half weeks!!!!!! 83 Days!!! To do this I need to lose 3st!!!! Sh!t :eek:

Sal,

Please stop beating yourself up. I am doing JUDDD the alternate day diet. It seems to be working for me and is certainly working for others. I can VLCD every other day (or three of seven days) and track my calories in MFP on all days. I might not lose all the weight I want - as fast as I want - but I am losing whereas I was not before - I went several weeks STS. You might want to consider it.

Are you able to do any fitness? Are you still drinking your water?

Mel

Hi Surfhunny! I'm new on here so have just been reading a few people's diaries, and I wanted to send you a message. Just as someone comig in now and seeing how much yyou've already lost, it's amazing! You have absolutely no reason to feel bad - you've done brilliantly. I know what you mean about people saying "you don't need to lose weight", I get that and also "but you're in proportion" (my answer is always, yes, fat all over!). But only we know how we feel and what we KNOW our bodies can feel/look like. I know people are just trying to be nice, but it doesn't help does it! Anyway, just wanted to say DON'T feel bad and feel safe in the knowledge that I've stayed in bed all morning too when I was going to do a charity bikeride today... my wrist is injured so couldnt do it, but still feel like a bad person :/ I'm only on day 3 of Cambridge and finding it okay so far, but have a feeling this weekend is going to be haaaaard.... Crockers X

MinnieMel said:
Sal,

Please stop beating yourself up. I am doing JUDDD the alternate day diet. It seems to be working for me and is certainly working for others. I can VLCD every other day (or three of seven days) and track my calories in MFP on all days. I might not lose all the weight I want - as fast as I want - but I am losing whereas I was not before - I went several weeks STS. You might want to consider it.

Are you able to do any fitness? Are you still drinking your water?

Mel

Yep Mel I'm still getting my water in, even when I've had bad days I make sure my water is gone. To be honest I've had a bit of a JUDD week since Wednesday which I think has meant that my weight hasn't gone up! I'm still at 14st 11lb, 2lb down this week! JUDD is great for me for maintaining but not for losing, it just stops me gaining! Def something I'll look to when I'm done, I did it to maintain the first time I finished CD. It's just not right for me right now to lose weight.

As for fitness me and SIL are starting 30 Day Shred again in August to get ready for FLA but I daren't start anything too soon cos the slightest thing grinds my losses to a halt. Mainly that's because I can't just do a little bit, I'm all or nothing lol. That's the sports person in me, and unfortunately that's just not compatible with SS :( Can't wait for August to get Jillian back in the living room again!

Crockers said:
Hi Surfhunny! I'm new on here so have just been reading a few people's diaries, and I wanted to send you a message. Just as someone comig in now and seeing how much yyou've already lost, it's amazing! You have absolutely no reason to feel bad - you've done brilliantly. I know what you mean about people saying "you don't need to lose weight", I get that and also "but you're in proportion" (my answer is always, yes, fat all over!). But only we know how we feel and what we KNOW our bodies can feel/look like. I know people are just trying to be nice, but it doesn't help does it! Anyway, just wanted to say DON'T feel bad and feel safe in the knowledge that I've stayed in bed all morning too when I was going to do a charity bikeride today... my wrist is injured so couldnt do it, but still feel like a bad person :/ I'm only on day 3 of Cambridge and finding it okay so far, but have a feeling this weekend is going to be haaaaard.... Crockers X

Thank you for your positive reply, please don't let my angst put you off the diet because it really is the best diet I've ever done and it's the only one where I've ever managed to get to my goal!! I'm just in a fowl mood because I'm not in ketosis anymore (my own fault).

I'm like you I'm all in proportion which in a way is lucky but I'm fat all over too. No one believes me when I say how much I weigh which is good and bad. Good because I feel better but bad because I need to keep focused!

I've just been on the scales to assess the damage and it's minimal, I've still lost 2lb this week (no official wi as my CDC is away). In fact I seem to always go off the rails when she's away!! Need to pull it back for next Fridays wi and she'll be none the wiser!

Glad you've pulled it together Sal. Did I tell you I've downloads a lot of pod casts for free off the US iTunes acct. they are of Jillian's radio show. They are very good.

I am going to give the shred another go starting Monday. Every other day.

Hi Sal, I think you go on holiday around the same time as I go to the Isle of Wight for a festival so I'm aiming for the same weight loss in the same number of weeks as you! I've been messing around since bank holiday weekend and need to get back on track too. We have done it before so we must be able to do it again!

I'm not too good with motivational messages and stuff but just wanted to say I'm in the same position as you, and I have faith in you to get focussed.

Have a great weekend :)

Don't know what to say but thought something wasn't right with you as you weren't on much.

I think we both need some help right now. I'm doing ok but still not 100%. The weight is starting to shift. I had wine last night and when I say wine I mean a shed load. Ive RFL Sunday next week. I haven't ran since the week before the kids were off. This is due to a few things. My hips and back are sore and are hurting, I'm feeling tired all the time and it seems to have not stopped raining like forever. Hubby's been away from Tuesday and came back 11pm last night. It's all excuses as I could have ran a few days this week. My only exercise has been my 2 taught sessions of Zumba! I know I can do 3 miles but it's lazy of me not too. Of you'd let me know bout your friend I would have taken your friends number and done it with you. I'm not good running with people but I can do it. I'm a iPod on and just go girl. In a world of my own. I've been contemplating not doing my own RFL just cause I'm not going to get a PB and my hips. I think my back and hips are part of my sleeping problem. I'm not sleeping comfortably enough and am waking up.

Just get back to it now! No excuses, doesn't even matter of today hasn't gone well so far, just start it! Turn your back on your bad week and start again. Just don't ever give up the fight. Tough times are hard!

Thank you for your positive reply, please don't let my angst put you off the diet because it really is the best diet I've ever done and it's the only one where I've ever managed to get to my goal!! I'm just in a fowl mood because I'm not in ketosis anymore (my own fault).

I'm like you I'm all in proportion which in a way is lucky but I'm fat all over too. No one believes me when I say how much I weigh which is good and bad. Good because I feel better but bad because I need to keep focused!

I've just been on the scales to assess the damage and it's minimal, I've still lost 2lb this week (no official wi as my CDC is away). In fact I seem to always go off the rails when she's away!! Need to pull it back for next Fridays wi and she'll be none the wiser!

Ah well 2lbs is still great! Yeah I can imagine if my CDC goes away I'd be the same. Hopefully she doesn't like holidays! :) Yeah nobody believes me when I tell them my weight either, yesterday my auntie was even like "you do NOT way 13 stone" as if I had just made it up or something. But we know how much we weigh! And we know how we want to feel, so gotta keep going. I'm just starting day 4 and feel a bit dizzy and weird, but still lying in bed so that's good :) Hope you're feeling okay today?

Morning Sal,

I hope you are having a good weekend (that things have improved).

Been AWOL today as I was nights last night and I've literally slept all day!! And I'm ready to go back to bed again. But I'm in a bit of a pickle as I've only had 1 litre of water, there is absolutely no way I can drink another 2 litres in the next hour without needing to pee all night :(

I tried on my holiday shirts earlier, and I don't know why I did it, they're no looser and I shouldn't have expected them to be because I'm stuck at the same weight more or less as when I bought them. But it's finger out time, I'll keep trying them until they fit!!!

Surfhunny said:
Been AWOL today as I was nights last night and I've literally slept all day!! And I'm ready to go back to bed again. But I'm in a bit of a pickle as I've only had 1 litre of water, there is absolutely no way I can drink another 2 litres in the next hour without needing to pee all night :(

I tried on my holiday shirts earlier, and I don't know why I did it, they're no looser and I shouldn't have expected them to be because I'm stuck at the same weight more or less as when I bought them. But it's finger out time, I'll keep trying them until they fit!!!

I hope you are feeling rested. Shift work is so hard on the body. I hope you don't end yo sleeping in the loo.

Don't stress yourself out. Remember what happens when we get stressed...... We hold on, our bodies refuse to let go if those pounds.

I'm refusing to get stressed by my weight. Things will work out. Trust the formula. And on water terms 1 day less won't kill you. Just drink your allotted amount tomorrow!

great things said:
Don't stress yourself out. Remember what happens when we get stressed...... We hold on, our bodies refuse to let go if those pounds.

I'm refusing to get stressed by my weight. Things will work out. Trust the formula. And on water terms 1 day less won't kill you. Just drink your allotted amount tomorrow!

Good advice!

always here! not as much as i used to be but still here! :D

Hey Sal just catching up with you... :) im going to say it again you have enough time.. so don't worry how's your day been? im starting 810 tomorrow x

I want to eat the whole world :( my family is in the middle of a huge feud!!! The Welsh faction of the fam are accusing us up norf of stealing things from Grans house, claiming they've never had chance to get things from her house (they've taken the most incidentally). I've been branded the gnome thief because I took two gnomes that were left in the shed, well one of them was the one they wanted, I had no right...

Theyve bad mouthed my cousin and his kids, torn shreds off my uncles, mum and dad have got away with being b!tched about but it's clear that they're trying to keep my m&d on side as back up but m&d aren't stupid and are clearly p!ssed at their offspring being branded gnome thief. It's so petty but I guess where there's a will there's a family feud!!

To be honest all it's served to do is bring the rest of the fam closer together and alienate the troublemakers. But I've never hear my parents as cross as over the past few days and I've done some things in my time to anger them!!!

Needless to say the whole thing is stressful and my first thoughts are I want to eat everything is sight!! I'm trying not to but I haven't been 100% good.

Surfhunny said:
I want to eat the whole world :( my family is in the middle of a huge feud!!! The Welsh faction of the fam are accusing us up norf of stealing things from Grans house, claiming they've never had chance to get things from her house (they've taken the most incidentally). I've been branded the gnome thief because I took two gnomes that were left in the shed, well one of them was the one they wanted, I had no right...

Theyve bad mouthed my cousin and his kids, torn shreds off my uncles, mum and dad have got away with being b!tched about but it's clear that they're trying to keep my m&d on side as back up but m&d aren't stupid and are clearly p!ssed at their offspring being branded gnome thief. It's so petty but I guess where there's a will there's a family feud!!

To be honest all it's served to do is bring the rest of the fam closer together and alienate the troublemakers. But I've never hear my parents as cross as over the past few days and I've done some things in my time to anger them!!!

Needless to say the whole thing is stressful and my first thoughts are I want to eat everything is sight!! I'm trying not to but I haven't been 100% good.

These things re so dreadful - my DH's family out over his mother's house when DH chose to move to Florida. She needed to sell it to fund her expenses there, but his niece (one of 16 grandchildren who already owned her own home) manipulated the grandmother into giving it to her. My OH and the two of his six siblings had been always hit up to help her out said, "You've got the house - when she needs something -- you pay the bill.". I know he place in Florida needed a new roof not too long ago - but no one sent us a bill for "our share". And had they - I'd have mailed it to that niece. She got the woman's major asset - she can take out a mortgage on it - I'm not spending my children's college fund, when she is living in her 15 siblings and cousins inheritance. I am okay with her grandmother giving this girl the house - it was hers to with it she wanted. Bu I am not okay with paying for that decision. And we made it clear that this would be our position before the "gift" was given.

I know how you feel about wanting to eat. Have you heard of Rhodiola Rosea? It seems to help suppress binge eating. Nat (BettiesRevenge) is finding it helpful. As is my friend CFF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodiola_rosea

Hi hun, are things getting better since this post? Have only just read it, sorry. Gnome thief! Nightmare! I hate when family members get on their high horses about such things. Did you manage to avoid the food? I think it's fair enough if not - some things are more important than dieting sometimes :) Let me know how you are X

Back