Surprise syns - The good and the bad

I would imagine them being really high as they are basically bread lol. It is a lot and i haven't had dumplings in ages - its a good job winter is nearly over and my stew cravings go a bit lol

They are made with flour and something called vegetarian suet (what is that? Either it is suet or it isn't!!!!)

So flour and fat, basically. Sad but true.

They are made with flour and something called vegetarian suet (what is that? Either it is suet or it isn't!!!!)

So flour and fat, basically. Sad but true.

Exactly, all this talk is making me want them lol. I don't think you can substitute them so it might be a case of whoopsie forget i had them lol

I'm new to this site been reading and looking at loads of hints tips recipe ideas and other peoples journeys.
this is my 2nd attempt with slimming world lost 2 stone 3 years ago unfortunately put it all back on so time to try again and actually reach my target this time. i love this thread finding so many treats i can have as i often have around 5 syns left at the end of the day if i don't syn bin them.
couple of my favorite treats have already been mentioned , flying saucers and flumps. i also enjoy jaffa cakes 2.5 syns each for a quick chocolate cake/biscuit fix i also enjoy the sugar free ricola or sula boiled sweets 1/2 syn each.

also i like the fact haribo starmix are low syn value 20g bag is 3.5 syns
nom nom nom

Also read on this site that the liberte 0% fat greek style yogurts with honey are 1syn each. I love one of these for breakfast with a bowl of fruit and i graze on it dipping the fruit in the yogurt keeps me feeling content for longer than scoffing it all at once. :p

I'm new to this site been reading and looking at loads of hints tips recipe ideas and other peoples journeys.
this is my 2nd attempt with slimming world lost 2 stone 3 years ago unfortunately put it all back on so time to try again and actually reach my target this time. i love this thread finding so many treats i can have as i often have around 5 syns left at the end of the day if i don't syn bin them.
couple of my favorite treats have already been mentioned , flying saucers and flumps. i also enjoy jaffa cakes 2.5 syns each for a quick chocolate cake/biscuit fix i also enjoy the sugar free ricola or sula boiled sweets 1/2 syn each.

also i like the fact haribo starmix are low syn value 20g bag is 3.5 syns
nom nom nom

Also read on this site that the liberte 0% fat greek style yogurts with honey are 1syn each. I love one of these for breakfast with a bowl of fruit and i graze on it dipping the fruit in the yogurt keeps me feeling content for longer than scoffing it all at once. :p

Fab - thanks for the post, and from a fellow Notts lass!!

Glad you are back on, i've got loads of posts going at the minute with loads of ideas and my own SW story so have a look at some sweet tooth recipes, meal ideas, inspiration and others ideas too.

Not sure how you'll find all me posts, click on my name? lol

Enjoy and keep posting!
Lee

Had a bit of a shock today after guestimating these syns as I just couldnt find them on syns online.

Looked at the first few bits of the ingredients:
Pasta (42%) (Water, Durum Wheat Semolina), British Chicken Breast (16%), Tomato (10%), Water, Reduced Fat Crème Fraîche (Cows' Milk),

Reduced fat fraiche, no mayonaise, lovely! I guestimated 4 syns for the portion as fat content was a little high.

Finally found the syns for them....
Sainsbury's, Tomato & Basil Chicken Pasta Salad , 225g pot

0000001324051_L.jpeg

Over twice as much! Now I think I know where this weeks gain has come from, oops!

Had a bit of a shock today after guestimating these syns as I just couldnt find them on syns online.

Looked at the first few bits of the ingredients:
Pasta (42%) (Water, Durum Wheat Semolina), British Chicken Breast (16%), Tomato (10%), Water, Reduced Fat Crème Fraîche (Cows' Milk),

Reduced fat fraiche, no mayonaise, lovely! I guestimated 4 syns for the portion as fat content was a little high.

Finally found the syns for them....
Sainsbury's, Tomato & Basil Chicken Pasta Salad , 225g pot
View attachment 168985

Over twice as much! Now I think I know where this weeks gain has come from, oops!

Oooo Blimey, yeah not quite when its over double - really not helpful at all!!!
Gutted - thanks for sharing though, its a shame how much 'convenience' type stuff is just really bad!

Fab thread! I love the packs of asda flying saucers are 3 syns a pack And low fat super noodles are free 

Flying saucers are quite a god send to be honest - its almost like having a whole bag of sweets for naff all syns. Ok in reality its a bag of air but there you go lol

I posted this recipe a couple of days ago but i think because it included a picture and i've not got enough posts it didn't post it.

So i will repost without a pic

Anyway my friend put this recipe up on facebook its for chocolate brownies 0.5 syns per brownie. 1 batch makes 25 brownies and they look divine cant wait to try them when i have time.

Ingredients

• 6 eggs - separated
  • 60g cocoa powder
  • A few drops of vanilla
  • 150g of sweetener (can be adjusted to your taste)

Frosting

• 4 tbsp of quark
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp sweetener

Instructions

• Firstly, squirt a baking tray with fry light then line with baking paper. I used a fairly long tray but use whatever you have!
  • Warm the oven to 180
  • Separate the yolk and the whites of the eggs - keep both - and whisk the whites in to a soft peak.
  • Next mix together the yolks, vanilla, cocoa powder and sweetener in another bowl, at this point it can get a little dry so add a little of the egg whites to loosen it up.
  • After this fold in the rest of the egg whites, pour in to a tray and pop in the oven.
  • I cooked mine for 15 minutes but depending on your tray you may need a few more minutes.
  • When nice and cool you can prepare your frosting.
  • Mix together the quark, sweetener and cocoa powder - it's super yummy!
  • Cut the brownies in to 25 add the frosting

I posted this recipe a couple of days ago but i think because it included a picture and i've not got enough posts it didn't post it.

So i will repost without a pic

Anyway my friend put this recipe up on facebook its for chocolate brownies 0.5 syns per brownie. 1 batch makes 25 brownies and they look divine cant wait to try them when i have time.

Ingredients

• 6 eggs - separated
  • 60g cocoa powder
  • A few drops of vanilla
  • 150g of sweetener (can be adjusted to your taste)

Frosting

• 4 tbsp of quark
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp sweetener

Instructions

• Firstly, squirt a baking tray with fry light then line with baking paper. I used a fairly long tray but use whatever you have!
  • Warm the oven to 180
  • Separate the yolk and the whites of the eggs - keep both - and whisk the whites in to a soft peak.
  • Next mix together the yolks, vanilla, cocoa powder and sweetener in another bowl, at this point it can get a little dry so add a little of the egg whites to loosen it up.
  • After this fold in the rest of the egg whites, pour in to a tray and pop in the oven.
  • I cooked mine for 15 minutes but depending on your tray you may need a few more minutes.
  • When nice and cool you can prepare your frosting.
  • Mix together the quark, sweetener and cocoa powder - it's super yummy!
  • Cut the brownies in to 25 add the frosting

I have seen this before and even tried it myself - that's right even with my baking skills! lol
I didn't enjoy it - i'd rather have a freddo or something lol. Could have been my baking but just didn't do it for me at all

Will look out for the milkodo thanks

Mikados are great - i have a box handy for whenever its needed. Funnily enough - not even opened them yet

Slimming world style jelly sweets - I haven't got round to making them yet so not sure how they taste. It works out 3 syns for the lot.

2 sachets of gelatine crystal
180 ml cold water
2 packets of no sugar jelly crystals
½ pint boiling water

Method

Mix the gelatine crystals and the cold water in a bowl and let it stand for 10 minutes.
Mix the jelly crystals with the boiling water.
Mix both liquids together making sure everything is dissolved.
If you think the mixture will stick to your moulds lightly spray them with frylight. I find silicone moulds are the best.
Pour into the mould about ½ cm deep, put into the fridge and let set for about an hour, pop out moulds and enjoy!!!

Nice recipe, I've tried this and many variations (the shocking results on another thread lol) if you can do them right a real handy treat!

Found these in holland and Barrett.... like the sugar free werther's originals at 0.5 syns they had more flavours - gutted there was no coke ones they were empty - they were 99p buy one get one half price, brilliant!

Lee

CAeSK0rWgAAaxUj.jpg

Yeh they are really nice . Love the butterscotch flavour. Morrisons do them too. I also enjoy the ricola cranberry ones too at 0.5 syns each sweet. Lush

Wow did not know they did them in morrisons too - ive tried the wethers ones so i shall keep me eyes peeled for more fab ones too

Found these in holland and Barrett.... like the sugar free werther's originals at 0.5 syns they had more flavours - gutted there was no coke ones they were empty - they were 99p buy one get one half price, brilliant!

Lee

View attachment 169573

We have sugar-free licorice ones like this over here, called Licorette. You get lots in a 25g packet, and the whole pack is 59 calories so just 3 syns for all of them. If yours are half a syn per sweet that's quite surprisingly high for sugar-free. Have you checked the calories on the pack? Just wondering and trying to save you some syns!

We have sugar-free licorice ones like this over here, called Licorette. You get lots in a 25g packet, and the whole pack is 59 calories so just 3 syns for all of them. If yours are half a syn per sweet that's quite surprisingly high for sugar-free. Have you checked the calories on the pack? Just wondering and trying to save you some syns!

Yeah they are 7 calories and 9 calories so 1/2 syn. Not a problem though - a nice handy thing to have..... bit of different aint it

Found these in Co-op for 4 syns, had some strawberry ones too.... not sure what they are like but look a bit cakey and different

Lee

CAjVHYsXIAAOxFV.jpg

Back