Surprising or shocking pro-point finds....

I was going to say I ahve steak quite alot and think they're good value. Steak and roasted veg is one of my faves, and a relatively low point meal I think

Im a bit piffed that beans are so much higher, as they are not just carbs but protein too. I mean all beans, not just baked beans. I used to love beans and egg for brekkie, but 2 eggs and 150g of baked beans eats 8 points of my 29!!! grr. This morning I have had an egg, slice of white bread, lf clover and tomato.
I need to tweak my old brek, and see how i go.

the bisto frozen chicken and veg pie ( mash top ) is 6pp which is really good as it's really filling and warming when cold like today and to say chicken hotpot ww ones is 7pp and is alot smaller than this

4 sprays of low cal cooking spray, frylite etc, is now 1pp. Suprised by this as i doubt anyone counts it.

I spotted this to but in my shop guide it says 4 sprays is 0.
I think that unless im using loads (which i normally do!) I will not count it as always...not sure

I discovered today that even though ww thick sliced white bread is 2 ppts per slice so is a full sized slice of kingsmill 50/50!

x

The WW hot chocolate sachets are still only 1 point :D I don't like tea or coffee so on cold winter nights that's a life saver for me :)

I'm confused about alcohol. If you put the nutritional info into the esource calculator it says its 0, which is obviously incorrect! I guess its because alchohol has more calories when its metabolised so the points from just the carbohydrate alone are incorrect.

I have bought the light choices wine and wanted to see if that was less points than regular wine but there seems no way to tell as its not listed on esource :-S

I'm not a wine drinker so I'm not sure how the new points compares to old. Now ask me about chocolate......!

x

yeah i think i'm gonna go by the esource guide of 18 points per bottle, there's like 500 calories in a bottle of wine so sounds more realistic than 2 points. (Unfortunatley! lol)

If you look at the nutritional info of Vodka it has 0g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat, and 0g fibre. If only it were 0PP instead of 2!!!

I did the same thing on thursday wanted to work out points of a pint of guiness, found all the nutritional info and it came out as 0 points but yet half a pint in the eating out guide is 3 points, in the food guide its 3 points and i dont know about esource but i expect it is. I cannot get my head round working out the alcohol points and its frustrating because i have a bottle of wine in the fridge and its not a weightwatchers one and someone said the sweet, dry and medium are all different points so i need to be able to work it out. Will have to ask my leader on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Lets hope we get the alcohol debate sorted one way or another soon as I know many like to have a drink at the weekend.

Enjoy your drinks (responsibly)!

x

If you look in the "Pocket Guide" in the ProPoints folder, it says the following about booze:

"If you like to have a drink, you can't work out the Propoints value yourself, as there is not enough nutritional information on the label. For this reason, our nutrition team has worked out the propoints in all basic alcoholic beverages for you..."

There's a whole paragraph, to do with the sugar alcohol... but I'm not going to breach copyright by typing that all up :)

Ah that would explain it. Havent read the pocket guide thoroughly yet. Have to estimate whether my wine is a dry, medium or sweet wine then as it doesnt say which it is on the label and was a gift off a friend. Or more likely i'll end up just using the highest value.

Looking at the on line chart, sweet white wine is 4PP & all the rest are 3pp for a 125ml glass. Me, I stick to a G&T 2pp per pub measure. ;)

choc gems are only 3pp for the bag and really hit the spot for a choc and biccie fix x

Back