Surprising reserve of will power!

fabulous_clara

Well i truly surprised myself last night! :p

I went to watch the England match at my friends house, and had told them I was on a diet so not to cater for me with food/booze. Dead pleased I was honest with them all, as they were all dead supportive. However... there was a v nice buffet laid on with all kinds of naughty but nice food... and it smelled divine! Plus the booze was flowing... :(

I didn't touch a thing! :D I had water all night, and a cup of peppermint tea, and must admit that the food was very much on my mind, just because it was there and there was loads of it. I kept looking at the spread thinking "I'd have a bit of that", or "if I was eating I'd have this now, and this in 5 mins" etc... very hard. Again, all in the mind, not cos I was hungry. Then we went to the pub after, where I drank water and had a right good laugh, then my mates went to the local take out and I went home. :)

I did feel slightly hard done by, like I'd denied myself of a couple of nice little treats. However, when I totted up what these "nice little treats" would have cost me in weightwatchers points, my rough estimate with buffet, booze and take out, was a staggering 60 points! For one evening! And I'm only allowed 22 points a day! :eek:

Just goes to illustrate once more, my destructive eating habits and how I'm dealing with them through LT.

And to top it all off I weighed myself this morning and have lost 4 pounds since Friday! :D:D:D

Moral of the story? No food tastes as good as being slim will feel! (cheers Slinky!!!) :D

woohoo. well done hun. :D

good idea with the points, puts it into perspective especially as with this diet we feel we are missing out on loads of food treats but we shouldnt feel like that as its alot of calories regardless of what diet we are doing.

good for you hun!!! :)

xox

And to top it all off I weighed myself this morning and have lost 4 pounds since Friday! :D:D:D

What a lovely prize for being so good!

Well done:happy096:

Well done for resisting Clara, that's another hurdle dealt with. Just goes to show that it can be done!

Good luck for the rest of the week, I bet your first weigh in will be great!

Well done! it just makes us realise what we used to eat without even thinking about it! I'm sure you will have a great weigh in! x

Cheers everyone, couldn't have done it without your support! :D

Wel done for resisting Clara! Buffet food is the worst to avoid.
I never realised how much of my eating was just habit/boredom/just because its there until I started lipotrim.
On day 3 now, and yesterday caught myself a couple of times absent mindedly going to eat something, even though I didn't feel hungry!
I think LT is really good for making you think about how you eat, hopefully when I start eating again (about 2012 when I get to target :sigh:) I will be a different person around food.
Lots of luck for your first weigh in, look forward to hearing how well you do!

Back