Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hi everyone. Just got home after another day of being drenched, Had a hot shower but feeling very cold still. Its days like this that I wished I had some soup.
Didn't help that I forgot to put my bar in the car so had to have coffee & water all day. Quite tired now so will have a double serving of Shepherds pie with a generous helping of cayenne pepper, that should warm me up.

Been having pictures of food pop into my brain today, its a good thing that I didn't have any money on me or I think I may have gone and bought some food. Leaving all my money at home has definitely helped me control my behaviour, Its so easy when you are driving around for half the day to buy loads of rubbish.
Then feel terrible when you see all the wrappers lying around, then having to hide them away LOL.

On a brighter note one of the doctors at work asked why my dress was so loose. I told him it was so that he wouldn't keep looking at my bum ha ha.

Mmmm double shepherd's pie - that will be like a real treat, and hope it does the trick in warming you up!

On a brighter note one of the doctors at work asked why my dress was so loose. I told him it was so that he wouldn't keep looking at my bum ha ha.

LOVE this response - lol. What did he say?? :p xx

He blushed bless him. Then I felt guilty!! Then he started laughing.

Haha :D

Brilliant reply there Susie, quick thinking ;)

Loving your post lol. Glad you had another good day hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ur post made me laugh. Poor doctor!!

Have a good day hun ;-) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Remembered to take my bar in with me today but then got so caught up in trying to fathom out the new paper work for the risk assessments I have to do that I forgot to eat it!! Took a couple of hours to figure out what I had to do & ended up only finishing one of them this afternoon. I still have 17 more to go.

Any way going to have porridge in a minute but not sure whether to have nutmeg or cinnamon sprinkled on top. Decisions, decisions.
Then Shepherds pie followed by a lemon yoghurt bar for afters.

My son will be home later tonight for the weekend so have made him some Sicilian chicken & added sweet corn & courgettes. Smells lovely but I haven't even tasted the sauce.

Wonder if he will notice that I've lost weight ?

Hope he does notice how well you have done. It would also be a lovely boost for you :)

That would be lovely if he noticed :)

Have a lovely weekend with ur son. Hope he nitices bit don't worry if he doesn't. There are two possible reasons:

1. He's a bloke

2. Sometimes people don't notice if ur fat or thin. They don't see ur weight. They see you.

3. People may only notice a drastic change.

That's three reasons, not two! I've lost 23.5lbs in 3 weeks and no-one has noticed. Think it'll take another stone before the comments start. Could also be due to the fact I'm hiding under big cardigans n scarves!

So, don't greet him at the door wearing a leotard and sucking your cheeks in!

Enjoy :) and well done fir not sampling his food! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Have a good day Susie. I hope your son does notice but if not then TH has already given you the possibilities as to why he may not notice and I think she's spot on lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'd be very impressed with your son if he does notice, I'm thinking mine won't even notice in end of May/early June even if I stick to it religiously :D

Hope you're enjoying your Saturday :)

Hi everyone

He noticed!!. Said I need to get a smaller pair of trousers. Always knew he was a special kind of bloke when at the age of 11, when he was moving up to secondary school I found him emptying his piggy bank. When I asked him what he needed the money for he said he wanted to buy his girlfriend a nice bracelet because she was going to a different school & so they wouldn't be seeing each other very much any more. Made me cry.

I often sit here & wonder how 2 brothers can be so different. One is so reckless & my youngest is right the opposite. Oh well would be a boring place if we were all the same:)

So another wet & windy day. Son is still in bed. He is doing an intern ship at a Michelin star restaurant in Oxford. The shift can go on for 15 hours with
9 day stretches. Be glad when it comes to an end for him but hopefully will be worth it in the end.

I have no plans what so ever today. Just feel like chilling so I will.

Porridge for breakfast

Vanilla shake for lunch

Shepherds pie for supper

Hope everyone is having a lovely day x

See what I mean about them being so different. The other son has just come home with 5 of his mates. Their arms are full of beer & vodka for watching the Arsenal match. My poor baby is still in bed catching up. ha ha.
They are all looking at my weight loss board on top of the hob & giving me sidewise glances. I need to go & hide lol.x

Ha! Love it :) I had to move my turbo last night so friends n her mates could see the TV! X

Enjoy your chilling Susie - though a bunch of lads watching football doesn't sound like my idea of a relaxing day! :eek:

How's your weather?

......dreadful here, howling gale and pouring down :(

Last edited:
Back