Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Is there any way your daughter can give you authorisation to liaise with them while she is in Australia?

No they wont allow that. They will still be in contact through email. Its just that the stuff they forgot to upload has now missed the moderation by the board so the only other time this stuff can be put forward for moderation will be in June. At least if my daughter was able to get the stuff & fax it over it would give her some peace of mind but the relevant person hasn't answered his emails to anyone so we are now going to have to wait & see what happens. It was a new system that they introduced, found wasn't working & went back to the old way but for some of the students this is the consequence. x

Unbelievable! It is ridiculous when people's futures are at stake!

Well my daughter has passed her finals. She now has to wait till June for the marking & moderation by the next exam board regarding the muck up that was none of her doing & for which she & other students are now being penalised for. If it wasn't for the incompetence of the university we would all be celebrating now & my daughter could go to Australia & not have to worry about anything & would be looking forward to her future without this dampener hanging in the air. I will never forgive them for making what should have been a wonderful day into something entirely different.
Once June has passed I will be putting pen to paper believe me!! :fyi:. I will not be looking as cheerful as this smiley person either !!

Hope everything went smoothly Susie.

What an absolute disaster, you're right in that you'll never get this day back so do try to enjoy it and a very well done to your daughter for passing her finals.

Enjoy your time with her and don't forget your tissues! Hope she has a wonderful trip xx

Hope you got there in time for the plane!

Aww no so sorry to hear about the exam issue with your daughter! That's absolutely terrible that you and your daughter have to be put through all this!

Hope your daughter has a good time in Australia though and that you got to the airport ok!

Hopefully everything will come good for you both in the end xx

Evening Susie, that's fantastic she passed the finals as she was so sure she had failed one of them, so sad that they have messed everything up. Such a minor cock up but it has such a knock on effect on the poor students and what horrendous timing.

Hope you have got through your emotional day in one piece, all this stress should of burned some calories.:)

Day 15/112 TS -0.6 so that's a whopping 1lb this week. Ha ha. Goes to show it all evens out in the end after last weeks record breaking loss. Oh well.

So daughter is on the second part of her journey to Australia, I didn't need my hanky after all. I think we were all cried out over the previous days shenanigans.

Nothing planned for today apart from giving the dog a trim. That will be a job & a half cos she hates it. Cant take her to the groomer as the poor woman ends up looking like a drowned rat with all the fuss the dog makes.

Its a lovely day here but don't think I will be going over the park for a walk as my eyes are itching like mad & my chest is a bit wheezy. Must be a lot of pollen in the air.

Hope every one's having a good day xx

I woke up with awful hayfever too. Tree pollen levels must be high today. I'm pleased your daughter got away OK. Has she gone with friends?

I woke up with awful hayfever too. Tree pollen levels must be high today. I'm pleased your daughter got away OK. Has she gone with friends?

Thanks Lynne. She was back to her normal over energetic self by the time we got to the airport :) I on the other hand am feeling very drained today so trying to clear my head of it all.

I think your'e right. it is the tree pollen. The neighbour is having this very tall poplar tree cut down. The noise woke me up this morning. It was beautiful & had been part of the scenery for ever but was diseased so had to come down :(. I think the crows must be having a hissy fit cos they loved it.

How were your evening celebrations x

Last edited:
Yesterday I couldn't face eating & today I could anything & everything for goodness sake. Got to be very careful I think.

You have done so well to get through the past few days susie! Wow have you had a lot going on!!
I am pleased its all dying down for you now so you can hopefully start to relax again.

You have done so well sticking to ts throughout and its sods law you get through all the tough times not eating then struggle when its all over!!

You have done great, stick with it xx

You have done so well to get through the past few days susie! Wow have you had a lot going on!!
I am pleased its all dying down for you now so you can hopefully start to relax again.

You have done so well sticking to ts throughout and its sods law you get through all the tough times not eating then struggle when its all over!!

You have done great, stick with it xx

Thanks MM. Its always the way though isn't it.

Still have to wait till June though for that last moderation & every now & then I still get that sinking feeling deep in the stomach. Can't wait for the whole thing to be done & dusted x

Try to stick with it Susie. Restarting is so difficult! I had a lovely night last night but ate and drank far too much. Am restarting - again - today!

Well done on the 1lb loss Susie, it's still numbers going down.
After the week you've had, you've done fab even managing to stay on exante so don't cave in now. As Lynne said it's so hard restarting.
Stay strong and have a fab rest of the weekend, I should imagine you'll have a peaceful sleep tonight! xx

You did so well staying so focussed throughout the traumas of the last few days, well done Susie :) Hope the hay fever is easing off for you xx

Day 16/112 TS Another STS . Going to weigh weekly this week cos I'm not in the mood for seeing sts's at the moment.

Daughter is now in Sydney, Says she has made a couple of friends on the plane. She is quite an eccentric out going sort of person so tends to make friends very easily where ever she happens to be.

Still wanting to eat at the moment & still feeling a bit drained. Its very dreary out today & the temperature has dropped significantly. Need something to shake me out of this mood.

On a brighter note I have finished trimming the dog. She looks quite good so I must be getting better, no bald patch this time :rolleyes:.

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Suday afternoon xx

Back