Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hope the foot gets better. I wonder if you have been tying ur laces too tight. Sometimes I'd get pain there but it was because my laces were way, way, way too tight. Now I can put my finger between my lace and foot. I can slip trainers on without having to lace them up.

Just a thought!

Have a lovely day honeybun :) x

No its Arthritis TH. Comes back now & then just to remind me I'm no spring chicken anymore ;) x

Day 40/80 TS & STS today.

Busy day at work yesterday & got home late so didn't manage to update my diary. No change weight wise.

Husband was on the way to the chippie for fish & chips when I got home yesterday & I was so hungry that I buckled & asked him to get me a gherkin. Only 14 calories & no damage done weight wise so not too concerned about it & at least I didn't have any of hubby's supper.

Been shopping today & found myself walking up & down the sweet aisle. It was like a good voice, bad voice battle going on in my brain. Why is it we have a run of good self control & then temptation rears it head yet again out of the blue. Managed to just stick to buying stuff on my list but it has shown me that I still can't let my guard down. Not sure if I will ever be able to really.

On a positive side I am feeling light & agile at the moment despite my foot still hurting a bit. Sleeping much better too.

Still not quite into the next size down uniform but I don't think its going to be long now. I've got it hanging up in the bedroom to help keep me focused.

Just had a chat on Skype with my daughter & she will be coming home Friday so I will be doing another airport run.

Nothing planned for the rest of the afternoon, just going to relax & try to read some of the book that I started over a year ago x

Hope you've had a lovely relaxing evening, well done on resisting those sweets xx

I give myself a strict talking to in the car now when driving to the supermarket about not buying stuff that I know is for me to cheat on and not really necessary. The sweet isle doesn't bother me. In fact, since starting this I haven't craved chocolate, cake or biscuits at all. Bread though, that's a different matter! Well done on staying strong and don't stress about a gherkin. That post did make me laugh. Reading the build up I was thinking you were going to say a battered sausage or a pie at least. But a gherkin!! You are so naughty Susie. LOL. :)

I give myself a strict talking to in the car now when driving to the supermarket about not buying stuff that I know is for me to cheat on and not really necessary. The sweet isle doesn't bother me. In fact, since starting this I haven't craved chocolate, cake or biscuits at all. Bread though, that's a different matter! Well done on staying strong and don't stress about a gherkin. That post did make me laugh. Reading the build up I was thinking you were going to say a battered sausage or a pie at least. But a gherkin!! You are so naughty Susie. LOL. :)

Do you know Cate, I really enjoyed the gherkin & much more than the fish & chips if Id have had any :)

Love gherkins! Hope your days been good. X

Day 41/80 TS & 1lb down today at long last so 2lb down so far this week.

Good diet day. No temptations to eat despite the biscuits going round the office today, the smell of them was enough for me.

Still not managing to get back to 15000 steps yet, my foot still feels a bit tender so will wait till the end of the week before I increase them again.

Going to have a banana shake pancake in a minute & Shepherds pie later. Managed 4L fluid so far & will treat myself to a coke Zero later on.

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Sounds like a good day Susie, especially not giving into biscuit temptation - I'm glad you're not overdoing it with the steps, really don't want your foot to get any worse, hope you're enjoying a lovely evening xx

Well done on the loss! :)

Love gherkins!

I like them in a burger, including a Big Mac. Hardly ever eat those though as highly suspicious of what else is in them. Prefer to make my own.

Well done on the loss and resisting the biscuits. Are you finding that the longer you do this it just becomes automatic to refuse the junky snacks and it doesn't even bother you?

Well done on the loss and resisting the biscuits. Are you finding that the longer you do this it just becomes automatic to refuse the junky snacks and it doesn't even bother you?

Not really Cate. I go for days with no hunger & feeling extremely confident that I will be stay on track for a long stretch, but then all of a sudden I'll get a day where I'm constantly feeling hungry & thinking of food. The first time I did LL I had no hunger or temptation for the whole 4 months I was on it. Ever since its been up & down with each restart so I've come to the conclusion that its not a good idea to ever let my guard down regarding food. x

I know what you mean with regards to feeling hungry. I have days when I'm not bothered by food at all or days like today when I just WANT TO EAT! You are doing so well, keep it up! X

Day 42/80 TS & STS today.

Pretty non eventful day really. Starting to get a bit fed up with the food choices at the moment & feeling tired too.

Think I need some excitement in my life that doesn't include eating & drinking alcohol!! Today at work we was planning a day out for sometime in the future & yet again the discussion ended up talking about where to go out & eat/drink afterwards. People just don't get why I don't want to go out to a restaurant or club.:sigh:

Can't wait for my daughter to get back from Australia on Friday. She will only be home for a week & then has to go away again for a last placement before graduation. I'm toying with the idea of having a week or 4-5 days WS so that we can have a welcome home barbecue for her at the weekend & then have a couple of days out together before she goes away again.

I will see how I feel at the weekend. Only Lost 2lb this week & WI is tomorrow so it may be that I need a boost to my metabolism as by Saturday it will have been 45 days TS.

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

You choose whatever feels right for you Susie - sometimes we just need to grab these opportunities / occasions and go with them....and as TH has proved you can have a week off and still do well by reigning it in x

42 days TS is amazing...well done

I can't believe how well you are doing mrs! Can you believe you are up onto the 40s?!

As fir eating, after the week I've just had, if say eat but stay in control and weigh daily so if you do have a massive gain then you can make better choices :)

Well done honey. So proud of you :) x

Day 43/80 TS & 1/2 lb down today so that's 2.5lb loss for the week.

did a bit of treadmill today but top of foot started to ache again so had to stop after 30 minutes :sigh:. It felt like it was getting better yesterday but back with a vengeance today !!

Apart from that its been a good day. Did a bit of shopping & no temptation this time. Just had my first pack & about 3L of water so far.

4lb to go & then I will be in the 12s but still can't make my mind up whether to do WS from Friday once my daughter is home. If I do I wont get to the 12s any time soon but then again the opportunities to spend time with my daughter are becoming less & less so want to grab the chance while she is here. Decisions, decisions :hmm:.

Anyway hope everyone has had a good day xx

Back