Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Susie. You must still see the GP. Just to be on the safe side x

Pleased your foot isn't as painful today but you still need to go to the GP. You need to get sorted so that we can resume the steps challenge!

Question is though, was it hunger or just lusting after certain foods? That's generally my problem rather than hunger. Nearly grabbed stuff several times today but stopped myself again :)

It's nearly always lust!! Most people today have forgotten what it feels like to be hungry because we never let ourselves get to that point.

Agree with Cate! I wasn't hungry yesterday just peed off whilst close to a KFC :-(

Anyway Susie, I hope your doctor comes up with a magic cure for your foot today :). Tis sods law its feeling better though lol

Have a good day and enjoy your salads guilt free x

Agree with Cate! I wasn't hungry yesterday just peed off whilst close to a KFC :-(

Oh dear. Do I take it from that you found yourself indulging in something featuring a blend of 11 different herbs and spcies? :rolleyes:

GP says I have to rest my foot for another 2 weeks. No driving so no work!! . I'm going to get so bored. All that time off & not being able to exercise. Will have to work very hard at maintaining my weight & not be tempted to use food as compensation. If no better by then will need a scan as she is thinking possibly a stress # as a result of the heels I was wearing when the pain 1st occurred.

1lb up today, had fish with a gherkin last night while everyone else had fish & chips.

Decided to take the anti-inflammatories till next Wednesday then try to just stick with pain killers so that I can go back to TSing, at least that way I will get about 11 days TS till graduation.

Day 1/28 weight 13st 11 - Goal, to lose 16lb by graduation.
Day 2/28 weight 13st 9.75 lb, loss so far - 1.25 lb - 27 days till graduation
Day 3/28 weight 13st 9.0 lb, loss so far - 2lb - 26 days till graduation
Day 4/28 weight 13st 8.0 lb, loss so far - 3lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 5/28 weight 13st 7.75 lb, loss so far - 3.25lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 6/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 24 days till graduation
Day 7/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 23 days till graduation
Day 8/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 22 days till graduation
Day 9/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 21 days till graduation W/S
Day 10/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 20 days till graduation W/S

Day 11/28 weight 13st 11lb, loss so far -1lb - 19 days till graduation W/S

Last edited:
Take it easy and enjoy the rest from work. My leg problem is sciatica. Are you taking naproxen? They didn't work last time my leg was bad but I took one at tea time today and (although I might be imagining it) my leg doesn't feel as bad!

Make sure you do rest x

Sorry to hear that Susie.

Sorry to hear about yourfoot susie. I hope the rest does it good :)

Hi Susie. Hope you're sat with that foot up!

So managing to STS over the last week or so. Getting used to the salads but missing seeing the weight go down. At least I know that I can maintain once I eventually reach target though .

Getting a bit bored at home now, tempted to try the exercise bike to see if that has any impact on my foot. Shouldn't do as you don't really weight bear when cycling ??. I'll wait till Monday & see how things are going. Avoiding driving is definitely helping reduce the pain so maybe that is where I was going wrong & just exacerbating the injury every time I put my foot on the clutch.

Decided to wear a different outfit for my daughters graduation as the dress I was planning to wear just doesn't look right with flat shoes.
Will save the dress for when on holiday.

Five more days till I stop the anti inflammatories & get back to TSing, cant Wait x

Day 1/28 weight 13st 11 - Goal, to lose 16lb by graduation.
Day 2/28 weight 13st 9.75 lb, loss so far - 1.25 lb - 27 days till graduation
Day 3/28 weight 13st 9.0 lb, loss so far - 2lb - 26 days till graduation
Day 4/28 weight 13st 8.0 lb, loss so far - 3lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 5/28 weight 13st 7.75 lb, loss so far - 3.25lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 6/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 24 days till graduation
Day 7/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 23 days till graduation
Day 8/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 22 days till graduation
Day 9/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 21 days till graduation W/S
Day 10/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 20 days till graduation W/S
Day 11/28 weight 13st 11lb, loss so far -1lb - 19 days till graduation W/S
Day 12/28 weight 13st 11lb, loss so far -1lb - 20 days till graduation W/S
Day 13/28 weight 13st 11lb, loss so far -1lb - 19 days till graduation W/S

Hi Susie. You're doing very well to STS and as you say it shows you should be able to maintain. I would have thought you'd be OK on the exercise bike but you need to be careful.

Hi Susie. You're doing very well to STS and as you say it shows you should be able to maintain. I would have thought you'd be OK on the exercise bike but you need to be careful.

I'll strap my foot up so that there's no movement at the bit that hurts :), that should support it enough x

It's awful when you can't exercise when you want to!

Well done honey. STS is so hard to achieve!

As for exercise bike, maybe you will still aggravate the foot even though it's not being directly affected. Pedalling is still using foot. Give it a go anyway!

What about swimming? Or a legs, arms and abs challenge. Squats or something like that? X

Hi Susie. Hope today is a good maintenance one for you - can't wait until we're all saying that to each other every day!

Back