Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Listen to your body - I pushed mine too hard when I reached goal last time and exercised like a crazy woman (I'm not suggesting you are exercising like a crazy woman) and injured my ankle - (posterior ankle impingement) I couldn't do anything even remotely low impact after as scar tissue or something has built up that will need an op to remove if I want to go back to the gym. When I got to goal it was doing step/body balance/bodypump/body attack once ot twice a day that helped me maintain and when I couldn't go anymore (my injury meant even swimming excacerbated it!)I started down the slippery slope to regaining :( As I say I'm not suggesting your situation is even remotely the same, but it's a cautionary tale - better to take it easy now and try not to worry about it, so that you can properly heal and get back to the exercise when you are back to full fitness and then you'll be able to keep exercising long term. xxx

Crickey, sounds like you went through a difficult time IAF.

I know you are talking sense . I'm a Trauma & Orthopaedic Nurse (although you wouldn't guess from some of my recent comments :eek:) so should really practice what I preach but you know how it is.

Thing is you get on a roll & into some kind of routine then a spanner hits the works & the weight loss slows down significantly. I think once I get back to work I'll cope better as I won't feel like I'm wasting all my day doing next to nothing. x

Day 9 Milk and big bit of cheese has given me a 1lb gain today. Only got myself to blame.

Oh well new day today. Have to be strong cos my brain is playing games telling me to be naughty today seeing as I am going out for drinks tomorrow night. I'm back on that roundabout yet again ?

Have a good one everyone x

Day 1/83 weight 13st 12lb - Goal, to lose 41lb by holiday
Day 2/83 weight 13st 11lb - loss so far 1lb - 82 days till holiday
Day 3/83 weight 13st 10.5lb - loss so far 1.5lb - 81 days till holiday
Day 4/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 80 days till holiday
Day 5/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 79 days till holiday
Day 6/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 78 days till holiday
Day 7/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 77 days till holiday
Day 8/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 76 days till holiday
Day 9/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 75 days till holiday

Last edited:
It's so hard, exercise does occupy your time. Exercise also plays a big part in my weight control. It's times like this that I wish I could remember how to knit so my hands aren't busy putting food into my mouth.
I love knitting, not done it in ages though :)

Day 9 Milk and big bit of cheese has given me a 1lb gain today. Only got myself to blame.

Oh well new day today. Have to be strong cos my brain is playing games telling me to be naughty today seeing as I am going out for drinks tomorrow night. I'm back on that roundabout yet again ?

Have a good one everyone x

Hmm I'm a reading and a watching......am sure you're going to be very very good :D xx

Don't be too hard on yourself Susie.. You're doing great! X

Day 10 & STS this morning

Out tonight for drinks so am having a low carb food day. Going to limit myself to 2 rum & cokes & OH has just got some Pina Colada's to take with us so may have one of those. Its my friend's Birthday but have already told her not to cut me any cake & she is fine with that. I know if I have one slice I will want another so that's a none starter.

Dyed my hair earlier ready for graduation on Monday, amazing how fast the gray hairs grow through nowadays :sigh:. After that I will have a clear run of TS till holidays.

Hope everyone's having a good day XX

Day 1/83 weight 13st 12lb - Goal, to lose 41lb by holiday
Day 2/83 weight 13st 11lb - loss so far 1lb - 82 days till holiday
Day 3/83 weight 13st 10.5lb - loss so far 1.5lb - 81 days till holiday
Day 4/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 80 days till holiday
Day 5/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 79 days till holiday
Day 6/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 78 days till holiday
Day 7/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 77 days till holiday
Day 8/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 76 days till holiday
Day 9/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 75 days till holiday
Day 10/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb-74 days till holiday

Hope you're having a fab evening, enjoy the party :D

I bet you are so excited about Monday, your daughter has done so well, I'm sure with the limitless help, love and support of her parents and you should be so proud xx

Thing is you get on a roll & into some kind of routine then a spanner hits the works & the weight loss slows down significantly. I think once I get back to work I'll cope better as I won't feel like I'm wasting all my day doing next to nothing. x

I know what you mean, and also it makes you feel good too, all those lovely endorphins :) Don't worry you'll be fighting fit in no time xxx

Hi Susie. I'm sure the weight will drop off once you get into your clear run. It's getting into it that's my problem.

Day 11 and 2lb on after night out yesterday. Pretty much what I was expecting. Going to put this week as a non starter as will be eating tomorrow after daughters graduation. Will make Tuesday my start afresh day.
Think its going to be a bit uncomfortable as we have to wear a jacket tomorrow and it looks like its going to be quite warm ? .

Hope everyone is having a relaxing day x

It's going to be so exciting for you tomorrow!

Hopefully you'll only have to wear the jacket for a short time so it won't be too bad - all very exciting :D Have a wonderful day xx

Lol and enjoy the food as after tomorrow it's gone! :nono: xx

Oh! Have a super day tomorrow and take loads of photos!

Have a great time today Susie :) xx

Have a fabulous day today Susie xx

Have a good day today hun

Hope you're having a wonderful time at your daughter's graduation. Enjoy your last day of eating before your clear run and the count down to your holiday. :)

Back