Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Well done Susie! Sounds like you are in the zone ;)

Day 8/70 & a STS this morning so that's an 8lb loss for the first week of restart. Happy with that.

Was calculating how much I need to lose now each week till holiday & thought it was eight weeks away. Turns out its nine weeks away so that made me feel a lot happier. To get into the 11s I now need to lose an average of 3.15lb a week. I think that is just about doable if I stay on track & do some exercise. Fingers crossed it will get me there. Silly but I'm feeling excited at the prospect of it all & of having the chance of wearing the clothes that I bought for holiday last year but never got into them.

Will update my stats today but from next week will go back to Wednesday as my official weigh in.

Plan for today is to clear out my wardrobe. My daughter is having a good clear out as she moves away next week to start her new life as a doctor :):cry:.
She is having a table sale on Sunday so I'm sure I will have a few bits to give her and some shoes high heeled that I won't be
able to wear again. :sigh:

Will do a bit on the bike before that & before it starts to get too hot.

Have a good day everyone x

Day 1/70 TS - weight 14st 7lb - Goal, to lose 36lb by holiday
Week 1 weight 13st 13lb - loss so far 8lb - 64 days till holiday

Last edited:
Great to read about your fab weight loss and being able to use the exercise bike this week, look forward to seeing your updated stats x

Great to read about your fab weight loss and being able to use the exercise bike this week, look forward to seeing your updated stats x

Thanks CP. Feel like I'm on a roll at the moment. Need to remember how I feel when I go off track !!

How you getting on x

I'm doing good - thanks. Catching up on the exercise, 2 runs behind on the C25K but have made it to week 8 which I can hardly believe. Visit to see the inlaws on Saturday was a food nightmare, we had a lovely day together so it was worth it. 100% needed for Thursday weigh in, I am so close to the 14's!

Day 9/70 and 1/2lb down today. Slowing down somewhat but that's to be expected.

Managed 8 miles on the bike yesterday and 10 minutes on the Orbitreck. Will aim for the same today. Other than that it's clearing out the remainder of the wardrobe. Some of the stuff in there I had forgotten i'd bought and they go through 4 different sizes. Will be nice to just being able to stick to buying one size of clothing once I get to target. Size 12 will do me so still a few sizes away.

Have a lovely day x

Day 1/70 TS - weight 14st 7lb - Goal, to lose 36lb by holiday
Week 1 weight 13st 13lb - loss so far 8lb - 64 days till holiday
Day 9/70 weight 13st 12lb - loss so far 9lb - 63 days till holiday

Last edited:
What a day that turned out to be. Just finished sorting out the wardrobes and drawers. Feel ashamed at the amount of stuff I bought cos they fitted but didn't actually like and then never actually wore them, terrible I know ? As a result I have just given a whole load of clothes to my daughter so that she can sell them at the table sale. I have promised my self that I will never be so self indulgent again.

On the bright side, I haven't got to buy hardly anything for holidays cos I have quite a few bits that I do like that are a couple of sizes smaller than what I'm wearing now. So thats another reason to lose the weight. I have no intention of buying bigger clothes just for holiday so have to fit in to the stuff I have already got. The clothes. are now all hanging up in an orderly fashion so that I know where everything is with all the sizes put on order.

Absolutely famished now as I haven't had any packs yet, the time just flew away from me. So shower then packs. Xx

Sounds like a productive day Susie :)

What a productive day! I so know where you're coming from with the clothes thing! I have so many and lots of them only bought coz they fitted :-/ no more, my skinny wardrobe is finally moving into my home from my mums on Saturday then I'm going to have a good old sort through too :) looking forward to it, will be like shopping all over again coz some of the stuff has been put away for years!!

What a productive day! I so know where you're coming from with the clothes thing! I have so many and lots of them only bought coz they fitted :-/ no more, my skinny wardrobe is finally moving into my home from my mums on Saturday then I'm going to have a good old sort through too :) looking forward to it, will be like shopping all over again coz some of the stuff has been put away for years!!

Oo well done on getting the skinny wardrobe out! What a great feeling!

Ha ha, it's coming out yoyo but there's no way I'll be fitting into any of it!! I'm hoping having it in the house will motivate me!!

I'm sure it will Bob! It's always good to start fitting into them even if you can't do them up! Lol

Hi Susie, well done on sorting out your clothes and being motivated not to buy new for your holiday. I had to buy loads when we went away at Easter as none of my summer/holiday clothes fit me; it made me so sad and I didn't enjoy wearing them at all. I'm glad to say they are now too big and I need to have a sort out in my wardobe and move back in some of my smaller sizes x

Well done on that CP. It's so annoying isn't it when you HAVE to buy clothes in a size you don't even want to be. It feels like such a waste of money. That's why so many of us struggle on, getting by with a very limited wardrobe. most of which we don't even like very much but wear because it fits. Result? We don't feel good about ourselves, we don't look our best and none of this is good for our self-esteem which then sees so many of us eating to make ourselves feel better. Horrible, vicious cycle.

Susie, well done. You are racking up fab losses. I know you walk on your treadmill but wondered if you'd heard of the Leslie Walk?

Exercise TV/Start walking at home 1 mile with Leslie Sansone - YouTube

There's a You Tube video for one, two and three miles. I read about it on one of the JUDDD threads. Might be worth a look for you. :)

Hi Cate, not allowed to do much walking at the moment due to foot pain. Have switched to bike & orbitrek instead as they don't put pressure on the foot. Thanks anyway, will look at it once I get walking again x

Hi Susie, well done on sorting out your clothes and being motivated not to buy new for your holiday. I had to buy loads when we went away at Easter as none of my summer/holiday clothes fit me; it made me so sad and I didn't enjoy wearing them at all. I'm glad to say they are now too big and I need to have a sort out in my wardobe and move back in some of my smaller sizes x

So depressing wearing stuff you don't like. Getting rid of them has been a good motivator in itself. Feel like a lot of unnecessary baggage has been eliminated & now I can focus on getting on with it really.

You will feel so much happier when you get your wardrobe sorted CP. Iis quite liberating :Dx

Back