Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

All those stairs will give you great legs as well as helping with the weight loss. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Ah, I have a long way to go before I have great legs Mere, they have never been the best part of my anatomy. Want to tone them up as much as possible though & stair walking is supposed to be good. It will get me in good stead for our tour x

Last edited:
That's impressive Susie! I'm so lazy when it comes to stairs - I think I will start trying to use them instead of the lifts at work. You're doing so well with the water - I am finding it hard to drink water now, because it is so cold. Usually try to drink warm water.

Thanks Sleek, I know what you mean. I always drink warm water. Its much easier to drink more that way.

Stair walking is easily available & really does get the calories burning so well worth having a go, mind you I was getting a bit puffed out lol x

Wow Susie you are just powering forward, well done you! I feel exhausted just thinking about all those stairs. I didn't think of drinking bouillon. I prefer water at room temp myself. Sparkling at night for a treat :)

i cant wait to see your Monday total. This is your time and it will work :)

Wow Susie you are just powering forward, well done you! I feel exhausted just thinking about all those stairs. I didn't think of drinking bouillon. I prefer water at room temp myself. Sparkling at night for a treat :)

i cant wait to see your Monday total. This is your time and it will work :)

Aw thanks Angel. Lets hope its a successful year for all of us.

I never drink cold water, seems to upset my tummy & takes so long to get down. x

Sounds like your doing great Susie, well done with the exercise too, I feel like I should start doing some soon. And I'm definately and ice cold water kind of person :D

You are doing so marvellous Susie !!
Stairs are great for building "buns of steel" :D
I downloaded a squats and abs 30 day thing aaaaaaages ago. That would also help ;) (It would help me too if I took the printout out of my purse occasionally :eek:)

I read somewhere, as you do, that ice cold water burns more calories, as your body has to warm it up, thus using more calories.
I have no idea if its true or not, but it did make sense to me, and I do prefer colder water :p

Im please you're feeling so positive about this year, and i agree it will be the year! Have another great day xxx

Day8/31 and 1.5 lb down so thats 9lb so far. Happy with that.

Managed 8 flights of stairs so far so 4 flights to go. Can fell me muscles working so all good. Just gets me quite puffed out.

Menu today:

Choc coconut bar
Shepherds pie
Vanilla shake pancake
4L fluid.

Have a good day everyone x

You are doing so marvellous Susie !! Stairs are great for building "buns of steel" :D I downloaded a squats and abs 30 day thing aaaaaaages ago. That would also help ;) (It would help me too if I took the printout out of my purse occasionally :eek:) I read somewhere, as you do, that ice cold water burns more calories, as your body has to warm it up, thus using more calories. I have no idea if its true or not, but it did make sense to me, and I do prefer colder water :p

Will probably move on to squats at a later date Marge, not my favourite exercise but does give results. Finding the stairs quite challenging but hopefully will get a bit easier once the muscles tome up a bit. Good preparation for our tour holiday too x

Im please you're feeling so positive about this year, and i agree it will be the year! Have another great day xxx

Thanks ED, you too. All going to plan so far x

WOW Shri Lanka is a beautiful place to go. Take lots of pics, good luck with ur exante journey. when r u going?

Well done on those flights of stairs. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

End of day 8/31 & a good day.

Got tempted by some ham when I got in from work but never had any just in case it led to more eating of less healthy stuff.
Walked 3 miles & climbed 14 flights of stairs, 2 more than I had planned :D.
Just relaxing watching a bit of TV now. Its very windy everywhere by the sounds of it, the dog is refusing to go out!. She's not very brave lol.

No particular plans for the weekend apart from some shopping. May go to the pictures if there is anything good on & if I can persuade OH.

Have a good night everyone x

Last edited:
Well done on resisting the ham and on the walking and flights of stairs. Excellent effort :)
My dog's not too keen on the wind either.
Enjoy your chill out evening and have a great weekend. I'm not sure if I could manage the cinema without some munchies! Might have to take a bar or something with me :D

Yes that's what I usually do Jayne. If I didn't I'm sure I would convince myself to buy some nibbles just out of habit :rolleyes:

Does anyone else keep getting a page popping up on their screen advertising health & well being ( covering the whole screen not a little box one) followed by a red security warning about a future possible pfishing attack alert?

Morning, Susie.

I had the same problem last night; every time I would click on page, I would get redirected to a weird page. I thought it was something to do with my computer, but I did a google search and apparently there is a "bug" on pages that display google ads, which was causing the pop ups.

Hope you have a good day!

Hi Susie. Well done on the 9lb loss! I'm still here.....and still in the 12's....just!! I've been on and off I don't think my body knows what it's doing! !
Good luck xx

Does anyone else keep getting a page popping up on their screen advertising health & well being ( covering the whole screen not a little box one) followed by a red security warning about a future possible pfishing attack alert?

Nope not had that one yet. Well done on resisting the nibbles and for all the exercise. You'll have buns of steel after all those stairs so often :)

Back