Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Impressive susie! Loving your commitment at the moment :) xx

Nothing like a bit of swimwear to boost your motivation. Bet you will look great x
My favourite swimming costume wore out recently and I have managed to find another one online and bought it in the same size. It was 2 years old but I think the main reason it wore out was all the stretching it had to do to fit me each time I wore it :ashamed0005:

I need to reach my holiday target to look anything like half decent in it (and feel comfortable wearing it in public).

My first restart weigh in on Monday so I will keep reading your diary to keep me motivated and strong.

Wow Susie :D
I love the 30 squats idea !! Brilliant :D
The flights of stairs that you are using, are they in your house ?
I might have to try both of these, to up my steps :)
I really think I may start my squats/abs thing again too :)

I do some at work Marge & some at home usually in sets of 5 averaging 20 steps per flight. I am seeing faster results doing this than using the Orbitrex but then I suppose that's because each leg is independently carrying my body weight up each step. Don't know why I never thought of it before. Only downside is it doesn't add up to a large distance walked when adding to your mileage. x

Morning Susie, I'm going to give the bovril a go today. I feel the need for warm and savoury on a snowy day. Your legs are going to look amazing with all the squats and stair climbing. Get those shorts out for your hols!

I love my bovril as it feels like a treat at the end of the day. I only have about 3 a week though & half the cube in lots of water so that its not salty x

PS you haven't seen my legs lol, certainly not my best point but will try to make the best of them :eek: x

Last edited:
Nothing like a bit of swimwear to boost your motivation. Bet you will look great x
My favourite swimming costume wore out recently and I have managed to find another one online and bought it in the same size. It was 2 years old but I think the main reason it wore out was all the stretching it had to do to fit me each time I wore it :ashamed0005:

I need to reach my holiday target to look anything like half decent in it (and feel comfortable wearing it in public).

My first restart weigh in on Monday so I will keep reading your diary to keep me motivated and strong.

To be honest I never feel comfortable swim wear CP. The tankini I ordered is such a flattering cut though that I'm hoping it will go some way to increasing my confidence on the beach :fingerscrossed:.

Holiday is such a good motivator isn't it as long as you give yourself enough time to reach target (which I haven't yet again!!).
Good luck, i'm sure you can do it & I hope my diary stays as positive as it is at the moment lol :eek: x

Thanks for the support ladies.:)

Day 13/31 & couldn't resist the scales.1/4 lb down which was a surprise as I thought I would see a gain cos of the sore muscles.

Plan for today

22 flights of stairs :checkmark:
squats :checkmark:
kettlebell :checkmark:
3 miles walking :checkmark:

My sister is coming to stay tonight so need to get the spare room ready & will have to cook a meal tonight. She is fairly supportive of this diet so I won't have to explain why I'm having a shepherds pie out of a packet.

Have a good day everyone x

Last edited:
It's great your sister is supportive Susie. Mine just worrys. I cooked cottage pie for 5 the other night for my friend and I really enjoyed doing it. I thought cooking would bother me but it doesn't. She ate half of it even though she's so skinny.

Its great you're doing so much exercise but if you're getting sore be careful you don't strain something and put yourself out of action. Maybe alternate arms and legs with a bit of cardio each day to let your muscles recuperate. I did something similar once that's the only reason I'm cautious.

Have fun fun with your family x

I learnt that lesson last year with that foot injury Angel. Being more careful this time x

I'm glad, it's awful when things start getting good and something happens to stop them. No stopping us this year! Well done for getting your miles done in chilly snowy weather. X

I'm glad, it's awful when things start getting good and something happens to stop them. No stopping us this year! Well done for getting your miles done in chilly snowy weather. X

No snow down here Angel :D x

End of day 12 & managed to stay on plan. Only did 2 miles walking but the rest of the exercise has gone to plan

Reat day tomorrow as me & my sister will be spending the day with our dad. Got a few things to sort out.

Off to bed as feeling tired now.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone x

Day 13/31 & scales show 2.75 lb down. That makes 5lb since Monday. Starting to think there may be something wrong with my scales!
Anyway is that's correct I have now lost 15lb so the 1st stone has gone since restart :D. Should imagine things will slow down a bit now.

Off to my dads now so will catch up later, have a good day x

That is fantastic Susie, just shows that exercise and dedication work. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done Susie no signs of slowing! You are on a roll

Day 13/31 & scales show 2.75 lb down. That makes 5lb since Monday. Starting to think there may be something wrong with my scales!
Anyway is that's correct I have now lost 15lb so the 1st stone has gone since restart :D. Should imagine things will slow down a bit now.

Fantastic loss!!!! Wow well done hun, you so deserve that. You are working really hard and are super committed, Have another great day xxx

That's brilliant Susie!! I think i may have to have a sneaky weigh in too! What a great way to keep your motivation. xx

That's a great loss. I'm sure your scales are right. Look at all the exercise you're doing :D

Back