• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Susie's 2020 action plan

Stackhead

Slow and steady...
S: 139.9kg C: 134.2kg G: 95kg BMI: 42.5 Loss: 5.7kg(4.05%)
I'll also keep doing the green smoothies, which are a no no on Sw, but they are also the only way I will ever eat kale. I don't care how good it is for me!
I think the issue with smoothies on SW is fruit, i.e. taking in way too many calories of fruit without the additional fibre so not feeling full from it but if the smoothie is mostly veggies then I don't think that has to be synned, with most of them being super low calorie (the green ones anyway!)

Fingers crossed for the job!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

sarahbr

S: 17st10lb C: 14st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 2st12lb(16.13%)
The whole cooked / blended fruit thing with slimming world is a bit of a strange one, I understand the theory of trying not to consume too much of something but fruit has too many benefits to it. Surely everything in moderation! And some of the healthiest (slim & fit) people I know have smoothies! It's the mountains of crisps, chocolate and other stuff they DON't eat that helps 😂

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st8lb C: 24st8lb G: 20st0lb BMI: 60.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
LOLOL Sarah ah yes that could be where I'm going wrong :D :D

Thanks for all your encouragement, Team Fab. I start next Wednesday - it sounds quite fun actually, WI from home, text the figure to the consultant and hope the phone doesn't explode in shock, then join a Zoom group the following day.

I know I keep saying this (so much so that I'm boring myself now, and I usually find myself endlessly fascinating haha) but it's the group thing that I know helps me. I've tried so many Woes from home but have no discipline - so I'm hoping I'll get my head back in the game with a few losses.

In the meantime food at Felsham Towers isn't quite on plan yet -

B - toast and marmalade and lots of tea
L - left over pesto pasta
D - coconut curry chicken with carrots, celery and sugar snap peas - 7 syns on plan so best to use the coconut milk up now!

Sx

ladyfelsham

LOLOL

So, it's Saturday, even though I was convinced it was Sunday - another lockdown-induced senior moment :D.

Organising the kitchen ready for SW meal magic today, and got Mr Iceland coming today with SW stuff - and WINE for a Zoom birthday party I'm joining tonight, it's probably going to be carnage but will be the last one for a while because I'm going teetotal again once I'm back on plan. I did it for a year last time, so know it can be done!

Also got a local fruit and veg shop bringing lots of nice fresh stuff mid week, so that will be the fridge and pantry fully stocked and ready to go.

Not sure what's on the menu today, just having coffee at the moment.

Have a good day all x

charlotte_k

Gold Member
S: 26st11lb C: 21st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 50.5 Loss: 5st11lb(21.6%)
I was sure it was Sunday too! Enjoy tonight x

Elanor

Gold Member
S: 19st9lb C: 19st5lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 48 Loss: 0st4lb(1.45%)
Good luck going teetotal. One day I will join you on that wagon!! The SW group will be great for accountability, I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way :) xx

ladyfelsham

Thanks lovelies for all the positive vibes - much needed!

Stackie - OMG it was hilarious but absolute carnage! Eight of us in the end, until the wee hours, making NO sense whatsoever. But yesterday I had about two hours sleep, then was up for hours with the most awful palpitations - I've had them once before, but not as bad or over such a long period and it's the most awful feeling, made me feel really scared (the end is nigh, and all that).

Anyhoo, what with that and being a bit concerned about health things generally, I've officially given up alcohol, am going to try to give up smoking too, will dive straight into SW on Wednesday, start listening to the Slimpod again and will also get back into the inhouse walking stuff. Time to look after myself!

Last edited:

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 17st13lb C: 18st3lb G: 11st3lb Loss: -0st4lb(-1.59%)
It was good you had a good time and enjoyed yourself...it’s a pity it was spoilt later with heart palpitations...had them a few times myself, scary stuff.🥺

Good luck with your new start with SW and best of luck with giving up smoking... I did it over twenty two years ago and of late during lockdown I have fancied a smoke😱... I know enough not to touch them, as I wouldn’t be able to stop.

Don’t try to give up everything all at once as that will put a lot of pressure on yourself...

ladyfelsham

Don’t try to give up everything all at once as that will put a lot of pressure on yourself...
Ah yes, reading my list back, it did seem a bit bonkers :).

I've got three packs of cigs left, maybe I'll call time on it once they've gone.

charlotte_k

Gold Member
S: 26st11lb C: 21st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 50.5 Loss: 5st11lb(21.6%)
Good luck Susie! x

ladyfelsham

Thanks Charlotte :).

Morning all - was planning a sleep in after some very weird nightmares from the early hours, but then got a delivery of laminate - two days early! The lovely driver brought them to the door, even though he didn't have to, and I managed to get them inside - with much puffing and panting, they weigh a tonne. Maybe I'll just move them around the house and that can be my daily exercise LOL.

Last day before WI tomorrow, and i'm feeling very focused and upbeat about it all. The last two months have been like an enforced, unemployed staycation and now it's time to get down to the business of self improvement. I've cut back on smoking big time and am already feeling less 'chesty', and will dig out my favourite SW recipes today.

So - food today will be bad, using up the last of the forbidden fruit called hash browns and cheap sausages, but i like starting with a clean slate and not having bad stuff about.

Have a good day, all xx

ladyfelsham

Just did my first Zoom group and it was great - only 30 mins, about 7-8 people doing it (much less of the clapping!), and will suit very well going forward.

Any good ideas for using up a Swede? It came in a veg delivery and I don't think I've ever had one before!

Stackhead

Slow and steady...
S: 139.9kg C: 134.2kg G: 95kg BMI: 42.5 Loss: 5.7kg(4.05%)
The only way I can stand swede is as mash, mashed up with carrots and lots of butter :D

Treat it like a potato. A tangy devil potato.

ladyfelsham

Excellent! Swede gratin coming up mmm :D.

So here's what today's looking like -

B - ACV and lemon water, then mushroom and herb omelette. coffee, apple
L - chicken, feta and beetroot bake (half HEA, or might syn the feta)
D - beetroot, fennel and orange salad (god see that halo?!), with lovely orange oil I can use as dressing (2 syns for a tablespoon), greek yogurt with 20g flaked almonds (7) and chopped apple
S - 3 ryvita rye cakes (half HEB) with cheese (half HEA) and marmite - I like having a piece of bread in the night to help the magnesium/potassium combo work quicker for RLS, so will keep a slice back

Might also have 4 squares of dark chocolate - 6 syns - total of 15 syns for the day. Going to try and eat lighter for dinner, see how I get on.

Think that all sounds pretty good, don't you? Been playing around with Copy Me That, it has a menu planner, shopping list and recipe imports, etc- no app, but I've just learned how to copy the website to the iPhone screen so it works just like an app, happy days :). I love being able to copy a recipe and get rid of all the lengthy chit chat - oh the power! :D.

Later - had a great Zoom chat with the SW consultant, she is so lovely, and it was me and one other SW returner,so we could ask lots of questions - so I'm feeling very positive and upbeat about it all. Ended up having half the feta bake thing with the salad for lunch and it was scrumptious.

Last edited:

ladyfelsham

Morning all

100% on plan yesterday - you'd kinda hope so for Day 1, wouldn't you? :classic_roll_eyes:

Hungry this morning but can't face eating because something's not right with my older cat and I'm really worried about her - so I'm having coffee instead. A bit of a fast won't hurt anyway. I'm sure she will be ok but Worry is my middle name.

Later - she seems fine now, not lethargic and ate something - so relieved!

Brunch - HEB bread, 1 HEA cheese, ham sandwich, coffee
L - (very late) - my take on Rumpledethumps - potato, cabbage, red onion, bacon, garlic, herbs, 1 HEA cheese across the lot, then cooked in the oven with foil on top - made about 4 servings
D - same as lunch - rest in the freezer!

Last edited:

ladyfelsham

Afternoon on a lovely but very blowy day

Feeling very chipper today - found a fab job to apply for; and the lads are here putting down laminate in the spare room, and doing some other jobs - all of which will make life easier around the cottage, and make it feel more like home.

Foodwise, not had time to have B yet, and it's now half 12. Also got another fruit and veg delivery by mistake (!) but they said to keep it - so I've got lots to use up - including 24 apples, which should keep the doctor well and truly away :D.

L - ham, herb and HEA cheese omelette with tomato, cucumber and romaine lettuce salad - oil spray and raspberry viniagrette dressing (5)
D - creamy garlic mushrooms with roast potatoes, and cabbage sauteed in butter (3) with feta (HEA)
S - rye cakes (HEB) with marmite, or Sweet Freedom (4) - and apples, lots of apples lol

Syns - 12. Got 20 a day, so might have choc later, or syn a piece of bread for during the night.

Also got loads of courgettes, so will spiral and freeze them.

Enjoy your long weekend!

ladyfelsham

Complete change of menu - didn't feel hungry for most of it and didn't want to force food down when i don't want it :)

B - two apples, two coffees
L - ham and HEA cheese sandwich (HEB)
D - 3 small fried eggs on wilted spinach and steamed mushrooms - not a huge serving but just enough
S - fruit and yogurt with flaked almonds (7), cookies (5), 4 squares dark chocolate (6)

Just love the SW consultant - she tagged me this morning on the FB group asking what I had for brekkie and always comments on pictures of meals that members post - just keeps touching base with people, a very refreshing change!

Floor is done and looks great, the hallway gets done tomorrow and then i can really get stuck in and finish unpacking!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 17st13lb C: 18st3lb G: 11st3lb Loss: -0st4lb(-1.59%)
I’m delighted you have a nice consultant to keep you motivated😊

Your SW meals look very healthy Susie...nice gift of apples👍

How is the cat, did she recover?