Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all - lovely Spring day here :).

Tibbs - that was one of the biggest adjustments for me, not being able to get stuff all year round. You get so used in the UK to just strolling in to the supermarket and there's everything you need! Right now there's lots of potatoes lol. Spinach is hard to find, ditto cucumber. I spoke to a friend who grows a lot of his own food and he says it doesn't get cold enough here (normally) to grow a lot of root veg.

What a muckup at the Oscars eh? Although I'm really glad LLL didn't win, I thought it was a mediocre film at best (with apologies to those who did like it).

Just about to tuck into a lovely omelette - but my non stick pan has given up the ghost and it's more like a scramble! Any recommendations?

GeeWhizz Suzie, I've just done Leslie's 1mile express, phew does it get the old heart rate going! Loving it and so pleased you pointed me in that direction. Good fun and doesn't seem a bit like exercise, though must say I was flagging near the end and boiling:D Definitely keeping it going X

Wow Tibbs! 1 mile express? You went for the burn!:eek::D I've only done the slow lane version and that was enough for me :cool: Well done!

My non-stick pan recommendation comes via my brother who absolutely loves his Meyer Circulon omelette pan. The range is a bit pricey but really good and hard-wearing, so worth the investment according to him.

Mind you, having said that, will you be using Frylight or some other spray-on oil? Because as far as I know products like that can wreck even good non-stick pans in no time, so perhaps a cheap one would be better and replace it when necessary?

Envying you your lovely spring day...it's pants over here!:(:rolleyes:

Re the spray oil with a good pan, I've wrecked a one I paid £25 for in Costco so it would be a lot more expensive in the shops. It seems to put a film on the pan that just doesn't come off, and now everything sticks to it unless I put a lot more oil in that I usually use.

I didn't realise there was a slower version of the Leslie I did. I thought that was the first one, no wonder I was puffing! My heart was racing like crazy! X

I don't like Frylight - and you can't get it here anyway - so will use olive oil in a spray bottle.

I like the look of the Prestige stone quartz skillet - can't post the link here for some reason but reviews on Amazon are very good.

ooo I think I'll copy and put my olive oil in a spray bottle too. I like prestige pans, good price too x

Well today did not pan out as expected. Headed to the police station for what I thought was my permission to stay card (following a phone call to tell me it had been approved) - but no, they said I must have misunderstood the call and they are still umming and ahhhing....maybe in 2 weeks' time...(ffs).

Then got home expecting to find the workman and young Sonia hard at work cleaning up the house and finishing off loads of jobs - but it was no show from them - maybe tomorrow, he thinks. Grrr.

Then headed to the cafe for the regular English speaking class get together - and another no show from everyone. Had my cappuccino in a sulk and came home! :(. Just one of those days. Tomorrow will be amazeballs!

Oh rotten day there Suzie! One would be bad enough, but 3 :eek: how annoying when they'd rang you... And how annoying that nobody showed for the get together, I'd be well miffed at that!
Apart from that, how are you? I could barely move this morning after doing Leslie 2 & 1/2 times yesterday ( too tired to complete it!)
Hope you get your amazeballs day tomorrow x

Well today did not pan out as expected. Headed to the police station for what I thought was my permission to stay card (following a phone call to tell me it had been approved) - but no, they said I must have misunderstood the call and they are still umming and ahhhing....maybe in 2 weeks' time...(ffs).

Then got home expecting to find the workman and young Sonia hard at work cleaning up the house and finishing off loads of jobs - but it was no show from them - maybe tomorrow, he thinks. Grrr.

Then headed to the cafe for the regular English speaking class get together - and another no show from everyone. Had my cappuccino in a sulk and came home! :(. Just one of those days. Tomorrow will be amazeballs!

Flippin heck Ladyfelsham it can only get better. :D

Grab the positives (ignoring the police station ) you went out got some fresh air, had a quiet relaxing cup of coffee with time to wander your thoughts ( not sure if that's dangerous thou after being let down by a whole group if people that you'd like to give a piece of your mind too :D )
And there's nobody in your house so a time for you and to pamper yourself. X

I could barely move this morning after doing Leslie 2 & 1/2 times yesterday ( too tired to complete it!)

You crazy woman, no wonder you're knackered! LOL. Have a good soak in some Epsom salts, they are wonderful!

Grab the positives (ignoring the police station ) you went out got some fresh air, had a quiet relaxing cup of coffee with time to wander your thoughts ( not sure if that's dangerous thou after being let down by a whole group if people that you'd like to give a piece of your mind too :D ). And there's nobody in your house so a time for you and to pamper yourself. X

Looking that's wonderful - you reminded me to be half glass full about it all, instead of grumbling! :D. Thanks for bucking me up!

And today was a lovely day. Met a bunch of expats for morning coffee (we get together twice a month), got given some beautiful flowers for my house to celebrate the rewiring etc being finished, then to lunch with two mates for a good natter. Then came home with one mate for coffee to find Sonia and Wayne had been hard at work all day and now the house is CLEAN!!! And Wayne did a load of little but annoying jobs - so I am feeling well happy now. Sitting here with some frizzante - well, why not? :D

Hope you all had a good day xxx

Yay, you got your amazi-bobs day. Sounds very relaxing & perfect :)

How do you highlight just one sentence rather than the whole text when replying Suzie? I can't work it out. X

Click on Quote (little blue link, right hand side), then Insert Quotes. A box comes up saying "Review these messages" - click on "Quote these messages" and the text inserts itself into your post. Then you can edit, keeping the QUOTE....info.

Another sunny day here, and got some happy news that a good friend here is back early from South Africa (she spends 6 months in each place) - yaye!

Last edited:
How do you highlight just one sentence rather than the whole text when replying Suzie? I can't work it out. X[/QUOTE said:
Yay, thanks for that.
Good to hear your friend is back early. Mine went to her home in Cyprus early Jan and not back until October :( x

Evening ladies - another lovely day here, hope it was ok where you are!

I'm just loving having everything getting back to normal in the house, and even got inspired to do some SW batch cooking. Dinner was turkey mince fried in a very little olive oil, with lots of speed veg and pasta, and a l/f cottage cheese and mustard sauce. Sounds horrendous but actually was very nice.

The slow cooker is also on, with a veg stew - cabbage, carrots, leeks, a can of baked beans and passata - so that's a few days' meals sorted out.

It's good to know that with a few tweaks here and there (no Muller Lites boo hoo, I just love all the different flavours!), I can make SW work here. Now I just have to stick to it! :D

MORNING! :D

Another lovely day here and I'm up at sparrows to get ready for an Ikea delivery that probably won't arrive until this afternoon - ain't it always the way :D. Bookshelves for the living room this time, which will mean that room is nearly finished woohoo!

The delivery also includes batteries for the scales, so I'll WI Monday morning and be off out of the starting blocks, finally :).

Have a good one!

Morning - not feeling so brill today., thanks to all night menopausal palpitations. I know it's not my heart, got all that checked out before I left the UK - but they are quite frightening nonetheless and leave me feeling quite down. Never mind, I'll jolly out of it.

DD minus 1, so I'm off to buy lots of fruit and veg today. Found porridge oats (Italian style) and 0.1% yogurt last week, so bit by bit I'm finding substitutes for a SW way of life :). The sausages here are very lean and densely packed, so will treat those as free for now, and I can get 2% fat mince at Lidl so will have to stock up next time I go - which might be soon, Orbit is in rebellion over going on to dry food and looking a bit thin, so need to get her more of the Lidl stuff.

Enjoy your Sunday x

Morning - not feeling so brill today., thanks to all night menopausal palpitations. I know it's not my heart, got all that checked out before I left the UK - but they are quite frightening nonetheless and leave me feeling quite down. Never mind, I'll jolly out of it.

DD minus 1, so I'm off to buy lots of fruit and veg today. Found porridge oats (Italian style) and 0.1% yogurt last week, so bit by bit I'm finding substitutes for a SW way of life :). The sausages here are very lean and densely packed, so will treat those as free for now, and I can get 2% fat mince at Lidl so will have to stock up next time I go - which might be soon, Orbit is in rebellion over going on to dry food and looking a bit thin, so need to get her more of the Lidl stuff.

Enjoy your Sunday x

Hi Suzie,
Oh goodness those palpitations are horrible and scarey. It was the burning up that got me, I thought I was going to melt! We were waltzing around Amsterdam in Dec a couple of years back with me in a sun top looking like Tommy Tomato! Getting strange looks too from the people muffled up in coats, ponchos, ear muffs & scarves :D
Sounds like you are going to be fine at sourcing all your SW food. It makes me smile that you've a Lidl to shop in (we've not got one near us yet) I had visions of cute village type shops only with baskets of food piled outside and you with a wicker basket over your arm and a big happy smile on your face choosing what to put in :)
My daughter's cat (Kima) has took herself off 3 doors up to get fed as she seems to prefer the tuna and prawns she's getting there to the Aldi food she was offered at home:cat: which she normally loves! She's looking a right skinny Minnie at the minute.:kitty:
Enjoy your day X

Back