Susie's 2022 campaign

Well done for negotiating your social evening - I always think eating in company is the worst time for sticking to any plan because it's so easy to go with the flow and overdo it when you're having fun.

And thank goodness your lovely builder friend could come and tame your boiler for you - you seem to be having far more than your fair share of domestic dramas lately o_O Is this an old house you have that's needing work, or have you inherited some dodgy stuff from a previous owner? Or is it just a bit moody and Mediterranean?:cool:

What are you eating today? Hope your dinner is more palatable tonight!:Dx

you seem to be having far more than your fair share of domestic dramas lately o_O Is this an old house you have that's needing work, or have you inherited some dodgy stuff from a previous owner? Or is it just a bit moody and Mediterranean?:cool:

LOL Scrummie - a mixture of all three! It's an old-ish house, built in 1950 I think, but has had nothing done to it since then - so I had to do a lot of work to it (and it continues), including putting in a new boiler, etc, which wasn't installed correctly and had to be done again. I kept the old radiators, but they are a bit temperamental and if anyone fiddles with them, the water pressure in the boiler drops so it won't heat the water. But at least I know how to fix it next time! :D

Bad day, eating-wise. Had the broccoli bake again, so got loads of speed, but was also craving bread, and had 3 slices with cheese, and then some biscuits! Defo used up my syns this week...Dinner was lovely though, homemade burgers with potato and carrot fries.

Going to try the baked oats tomorrow, might do the orange marmalade one :).

Day 5, woke up late, and don't feel at all hungry!

So what was going to be B will become L - the leftover burgers and a couple of eggs, plus wilted greens.
D - sossies, cauli mash and more greens.

Feel incredibly bloated, have done since yesterday, so i wonder if it was the white bread?

Change of plan, suddenly felt starving so had my B after all.
L - turkey pasta
D - as planned

Last edited:
Feel incredibly bloated, have done since yesterday, so i wonder if it was the white bread?

Always the culprit 100%, it's amazing how we feel it when were consciously eating healthier.
Hard to belive when we are eating what we want then we are bloated like that 24 hours a day and feeling like a slug caught in a syrup stream.

The hidden suffering of the inner body :( .

Very true - and not sure if I've just made it worse by having baked beans with my dinner :D.

Might give bread a miss for a few days. If I can :).

Afternoon all

had a lovely day out with a friend - went for a drive to another mate's place, he has a surplus of grapefruit so we both stocked up, then did some shopping - all good SW stuff, not a chocolate bar or biscuit in sight :D.

I do miss UK supermarkets though, there's so much here you just can't get - although I did find some 0.01% yogurt, 90 cals a pot, so that's the same as Muller Lights, which I've decided means I don't have to syn them. I only ever have one a day anyway.

B/L - leftover sossies, baked beans, spinach, with 2 eggs - VERY full, thus no lunch
D - leftover diabolical broccoli and cauli bake - I put WAY too much garlic in, but at least I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow and kill anyone by breathing on them :D. Might steam the bejeezus out of it and mash, and have with some uber low cal chicken and turkey sossies mmm.
S - cherry yogurt, apple, cheese and crackers (HEA/B)
Syns - maybe an Options - the one I had last night was lovely, and only 2 syns. Might add mayo to the dinner mash, see if that makes it more palatable!

Ooh does anyone know the syns for the peanut hottie drink and for Horlicks? I found both in the cupboard last night :).

Later - this will make you shriek with horror/laughter. I'd heard great things about Little's infused instant coffee and, as I've sort of decided to give up wine (sob) for the short term, I went on their site to order some jars. They use DHL to deliver and guess how much delivery alone for four jars @50g each came to?

EIGHTY FOUR POUNDS!!! :kissass:

I nearly wet myself laughing, then fired off an email to them suggesting they might want to rethink that particular shipping provider - especially as I then went on Holland & Barrett, got loads of scan bran and 3 jars of Little's coffee, all of which were in the BOGO half price, and shipping was £6.95. I'll report back on the coffee - I got the chocolate, French vanilla, and coconut ones - using the deal, it was £2.24 a jar, so cheaper than Beanies and apparently much nicer!

Feeling a bit peckish now (9.20pm) so think I'll have the leftover cauli/broccoli mix. I haven't had many syns today - 1.5 for milk, 4 for extra cheese - but don't want to start munching on biscuits or anything for the sake of using up syns, and the veg is nutritionally much better than chocolate! :D

Later still - I have shocked myself by grazing on a grapefruit and my leftover HEB crackers! Who are you strange woman and what have you done with Susie??? :D. If only I could make such sensible food choices every day!

Last edited:
:eek: £84!
You're doing brilliant on your diet, you must be well chuffed. Did you find the syns for Horlicks? I googled it & found:

Horlicks Original 25g = 4.5 syns
Horlicks Light 32g = 6 syns
With a few people not understanding how the light was so high in syns.

Peanut Hottie (83cals?) Just over 4 syns ( 1 syn =20 cals)
Hope they're still that as it was an old post x

Oh thanks for the kind words, and for those syn values Tibbs - of course i could have googled myself, how lazy :D

Had a big sleep in today after a very cold night. The days are getting lovely here - but at night the temp really drops - TG for leccy blankets! So it was lovely and snuggly as I came to this morning. As I go downstairs, Orbit leading the way, I can hear Stella crying as though her throat's been cut, bless her, she can really pack the food away! :) - then tea for me and think about I need to do for the day.

I've made a cup of tea but am not in the least hungry, so will wait an hour or two. Looking forward to WI tomorrow, although i still feel a bit bloated, so lots more greens on the menu today!

L - leftover broccoli/cauli with sossies, maybe an egg, soya milk (1.5)
D - roast pork with SW chips and greens
S - grapefruit and apple with yogurt, HEB crackers and HEA cheese
Syns - dunno at this point.

Green tea is also going to feature - I hate the stuff, so bitter, but it's ok if I add sweetener. Might use honey instead and use the syns. I was reading up about weight loss boosts and green tea and grapefruit are both on the list :).

Have a lovely day, all.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
I can't get away with green tea, it's vile! But have you tried the flavoured ones? I love the gingerbread one and liked the salted caramel in the evening when on sw and fancying something sweet.

Ah, you haven't mentioned the cats in ages. I wonder if Stella panics that her food supply will suddenly be cut. My Bess is a rescue dog from a pup, she's now 12 and has never gotten out of bolting her food down and permanently looking for scraps :)
I love a good blanket to snug up in :D X

Yes hun I'm sure it's a thing about being rescued, Stella gets a bit panicky in the mornings too. I keep the downstairs door closed but it has a glass pane in it and I can see her little face, all anxious, and she cries away until kibbles hit plate :D. Orbit is fine too, we've found a cat food she loves which i can buy locally instead of having to drive an hour to Lidl!

I'm sorry to report though that Tinsy2 has disappeared, I haven't seen her in over a week so she's met with an accident of some sort. Very sad, especially as she survived the harsh winter. So that's it. no more adoptions, just going to focus on my two.

Thanks re the green tea, gingerbread sounds interesting, will see if i can get it on Am. Do you add sweetener?

The 'strangeness' re eating continues. Just had my B/L, I use a side plate so it looks like lots, and put two fried eggs on top of the veg and sossies - but could only eat half. I sat there looking at the rest, thinking "OMG I'm full as anything. Just put the plate away. It's lovely and delicious and if you want, you can have the rest later."....and I did! :eek:. This is so unusual for me - I can binge eat for England! I usually take all my vits after lunch with a litre of water, but I'm not sure there's room! :D.

Marvellous that SW is working so well for you and that you're eating less. I found it a big problem to stop when full as my head kept saying eat it even though my stomach was nearly bursting.. A bit like Stella and Bess really when I think about it, maybe I was abandoned and taken in by my family and not told:D

I don't add sweetener to any of my drinks, my sister usually has sugar in tea but doesn't add it to these ones. You can get a cherry Bakewell one too but I'm not keen on fruity ones.

Ooo I was telling my sister about the oregano oil and she's going to buy some, she says thanks.
Are you on bloglovin? I follow a couple of people that make their own products and have a recipe for MYO Ginger oil, looks easy and says it's good for arthritis & few other things. Will be making a bottle up for my sis.
indianbeautyspot.com & hello glow

Ah poor Tinsey2, never mind at least she had you looking out for her...Tinsey seems to be a bit of an unlucky name X

That delivery cost you quoted is a complete joke...£84?!:eek: Do they deliver by Ferrari or something?o_O

Bravo on your choice of grapefruit for grazing:D - those sensible food choices will become habit before too long if you keep making them. And when you make the not-so-sensible ones (which you will, because no one can be perfect 100% of the time) you'll be able to shrug and move on, because it's what we do most of the time that matters, not the occasional lapse here and there.:)

As for leaving food, that's excellent! I NEVER thought I could do that, but capacity does seem to shrink after a while. I've even handed over bits of pizza to OH to finish because I've had enough. (Yes...pizza!:eek:)

Sorry to hear about Tinsey2:(...no chance she may just be a wanderer and has found somewhere else to be? Definitely best to focus on your two, though.x

Good luck for your first weigh in tomorrow! You've been right on plan, so you deserve a good one:Dx

Not on bloglovin' but thanks for the tip, Tibbs. I haven't done a blog post in ages, must get to it.

And thanks Scrummie, I've had another great day for food choices (see below) - not sure I could leave pizza though! :oops:

Well ladies, I feel SO virtuous right now!! I bought a bunch of greens yesterday, they are like a cross between silverbeet and bok choy, and thought (as it's WI tomorrow) I'd be good and make a big veg stirfry, instead of the roast pork. Well it was ALL speed food - the green stuff, celery, peas, beans, carrots and cauli with skinny rice!! I didn't have soy sauce so used a bit of Worcestershire sauce and ginger and curry powder, and it was really lovely. I love shiratake noodles and rice, they swell up and make me feel really full - and as we know, that's one of my problem areas :eek:. Thought this could be my go to meal every Sunday night before WI :D.

Am now sipping green tea (bleuch) and got apple slices to munch on.

Sorry to hear about Tinsey2:(...no chance she may just be a wanderer and has found somewhere else to be? Definitely best to focus on your two, though.x

Sadly I don't think she's just wandered off, she always turned up for food, then hung round the front door in hope of more. Not a lucky name at all...my two are looking really well though, their coats are very glossy and soft after winter. TMI alert - Stella can poo for England and boy do they pong! I'd just cleaned the trays so naturally she thinks this is the perfect time to let it all go! Little minx :).

Hope you both had a good day! Quiet in here, isn't it? xxx

Sadly I don't think she's just wandered off, she always turned up for food, then hung round the front door in hope of more. Not a lucky name at all...my two are looking really well though, their coats are very glossy and soft after winter. TMI alert - Stella can poo for England and boy do they pong! I'd just cleaned the trays so naturally she thinks this is the perfect time to let it all go! Little minx :).

Hope you both had a good day! Quiet in here, isn't it? xxx

Ah well, it was just a thought. No reason for her to move away from a regular food source, I guess.

Mega impressed by the veggie stir fry...I feel healthier just reading about it :p:D

Cats and litter trays...lol! My mum's two were devils for that - nothing they liked more than a freshly cleaned litter tray, much to her "delight":rolleyes::D

It is really quiet at the moment, isn't it? I often wonder what happens to all these folks that feel moved to start diaries, post for a bit then disappear. I hope it's just the posting they're giving up, not their diets!o_O

Mega impressed by the veggie stir fry...I feel healthier just reading about it :p:D

It was lush - and got more for tomorrow :). The 'feeling full' sensation lasted a couple of hours, then I really, I mean REALLY wanted to graze - so I did, but kept to plan - had 2 of my HEB crackers and my HEA cheese, an Options, then a grapefruit and now having another green tea. There is a bar of Lidl peanut chocolate in my desk - so about 3 inches from me now - and I was actually salivating at the thought of chocolate! But kept telling myself I can have it during the week but not tonight, don't want to suddenly scoff the lot and ruin my WI...:oops::eek:.

I was going to make the lemon drizzle cake for mahjong on Tuesday night but realised I don't have granulated sweetener, and I don't think the liquid stuff will work. Not going to buy it here - a small tub of Truvia is about €12! TG for Amazon!

You've had an excellent week and stayed on plan so sure that little dial on the scales will whizz downwards. Brilliant willpower, you should be mega proud of yourself for resisting that chocolate. Good idea about the veggie stir fry being a day before WI regular meal, I think I'll copy that idea. I always seem to go haywire the night before and want to eat everything in sight!
Wow, some things are pricey over there when on a diet! You'll have to get your friends in UK to make you a hamper up and bring it when they come to stay.

Agree that quite a few people seem to have disappeared on here, but really, really quiet at the minute.

Good luck for your WI x

Last edited:
Morning lovelies!

Very happy to report a W1 loss of 9lbs woohoo! Thanks for your great support, it really helped :D.

Got to dash, late to meet a friend - speak later xxx

Wowee Suzie! That's fantastic :wee:X

Back