Susie's 2022 campaign

Ciao tutti! :)

Lunch was nice, as was the big long chat, so good to be able to speak English and relax. But OMG it was hot - 40 degrees in the car when I went to leave. Just drinking a litre or four now to cool down!

B - none
L - small salami pasta salad, tomato and mozzarella salad, proscuitto, eggs, bread, walnut oil (612)
D - salad - tuna, green beans, green pepper, toms, cucumber, focaccia and a little olive oil (556)
Total - 1,168 - so room for something else if I fancy it.

Hiya! I have been on a diet more or less my whole life. What a society we live in eh!? Anyhow, im making this my last! This time is a lifestyle choice and im doing Slimming World. I currently have lost 1 stone in 5 weeks and have upped my exercise, well i now walk for 5 miles 3 times a week. Ive another stone and a half to go but im happy to do it at a steady pace so it stays off this time. Ive chronic back pain but tbe walking is definately helping me. I love a drink myself but have made myself only drink alcohol 1 weekend of 4, i think this is how im losing weight haha! So many calories in wine... boo hoo! Stick at it and if the wine is too tempting , hey ur human, start again! We beat ourselves up too much to look "perfect".... xx

Tipp - one tablespoon of Epsom salts with one tblsp of hot water. Stir vigorously, then cool, then apply.

Hiya Mrs Thomas good to see you here.

Agree on the wine front - but a massive fail for me. Got home to find the water off again (AGAIN!!!). I have water in bottles for the loo but it's not safe to drink so I'm afraid gals that wine has been consumed...I'm getting a bit over this lark, sense of humour about is zero and i want to move back home. All I can afford is a caravan in a field somewhere, but as long as the internet works...

Morning all

Forgive last night's rant, it's the heat I guess! A bit happier today, the water is back on and I've now got bottles of water in the freezer ready for next time. Plus it's much cooler and looks like it might rain yaye!

Also happy with week 1 WI - despite a few glasses of wine last night I've lost 9lbs - and am really enjoying all the veg I'm eating, so think that's the way forward for me :).

Got friends over for lunch so food today is -

B - eggs on focaccia (499)
L - tomato tart; salad with toms, cucumber, green beans, green peppers, lettuce, oil dressing (643)
D - tuna and leftover salad, 2 pieces wholemeal bread (291)
S - stewed apple and apricots, with walnuts and yogurt (348)
Total - 1,781

Have a good one x

Last edited:
Wowee Suzie, brilliant weight loss:) so very well done! So happy for you, it makes all the difference with a wooshie like that.
Your water situation must be so annoying, especially in the summer..life is never dull over there, they even turn the water off to make you sample the wine...let me live there too!
Enjoy your day with your friends and catch you later X

life is never dull over there, they even turn the water off to make you sample the wine...let me live there too!

LOL well I was supposed to be not drinking but if there's nothing else in the house, what is a girl to do? :rolleyes:

Lunch was lovely - and the tart was yummy, and so simple, so will do that again.

Thanks re the congrats, next week I'm aiming to be into the 22s! :)

Heat can do funny things! Glad you are over your rant and a bit happier today :)

9lbs is a fab loss!! All of your meals have been lovely, and next week the 22s are calling you! And I agree, if the water is off, the only thing to do is drink the wine!

Morning all

What a night! We had really fierce winds all night, and I came out this morning to find the plants all lover the place, my fly screen ripped off and half the fig tree has come down and is blocking the drive! Luckily I've got friends with a chainsaw so they'll cut it down properly on Saturday. But the sun is back today, the water is back on and 31 is forecast, so will get the washing out and dried before the winds come back and blow my M&S knickers all over the valley :D.

B - eggs on toast (360)
L - tuna mornay pasta with green salad and oil dressing (636)
D - veg coconut curry (371)
S - peach (60)
Total - 1,427

I'm thinking of getting a Wii Fit bundle - do any of you have one and do you use it?

Well done on the loss...its amazing and Im a little bit jealous.

Why does the water keep going, is it just specific to you or the area you are in?

I got a Wii fit about 8 years ago and use it on and off. I use it every day now for weigh ins, it charts everything and makes its graphically easier to see. It has some good exercise games and sometimes I use it everyday....but mostly in the winter as I prefer to be outdoors in the summer. The only drawback is like all technology it updates and you have to buy new stuff, we got the regular one with hand pointer thingy, then for some games we had to get the nunchuck as well. And for Wii Fit you need the balance board. But the daughter one got Wii Fit resort which needed the motion sensor handset thingy and now I want Zumba which needs the belt. I did get The Biggest Loser game which I used a few times as it is quite intensive.....hmmm, I must go back to it. I actually brought the Wii Fit away with me one time and used it each early morning when darling husband wasn't up (it was a staycation so no wonderful heat or swimming pool).

Well done and keep going

That's very useful thanks Tipp! I hadn't thought about using it for WIs, but been looking at scales because the digital thing on my current one has almost gone completely. I was thinking I'd do without for a while - but I know me, I can't resist knowing! :rolleyes:

But I have definitely decided to buy a Pressure King Pro 20-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker for £99. It does everything - yogurt, canning, and all the other pressure cooker functions - and reviews are better than the IP. You can even make cottage cheese in them! It's my birthday in a couple of weeks so that's my present to myself :). I use my slow cooker a lot but it's getting all rusty, so needs replacing anyway, and I can either give away all my other old gadgets to a mate here or sell them, which will give me back tons of extra cupboard space.

Re the water - a local friend, who has lived here for years, thinks it's because the water pipes all have holes in them from landslides and they are turning the water off while the holes get patched (hopefully). She walks her dogs every morning and says you can see where it's all wet. Another friend thinks it's simply to save money! Who knows - but at least I'm better prepared now - "expect the unexpected" is my new motto!

Hey Lady

Just catching up - glad to hear your pussy has recovered :rolleyes: . I am mega jealous of that F&V haul! I would love to be able to get produce like that, for that price!

I also cottoned on to the Coconut Milk Powder, is it any good? How do you cook with it? I am going to toddle off and tot it up in my WW calculator app to see how many points!

Wii's are good Susie, it really all depends on whether you will use it or not...I have spent so much money on fad stuff, trampettes, giant balls, crosstrainer...and I never used them. Are you the sort of person who would use it if you bought it? If the answer is yes, then defo get one. They are really good fun - I remember doing the boxing once and I got so into it, the next day I couldn't move my upper body!!

x

Goodness me Suzie, never a dull moment over there! Good job the tree didn't hit your house! Glad you're ok:)

Eyes widen in amazement...20-in-1 ... Look forward to you saying what that's like :D
Gadget queen may need one! I'm running out of space for everything!

What date is your birthday?

We've got a Wii and have quite a few discs. Favourites are Wii fit plus for WI, BMI & some good fun exercises; Just Dance.. doesn't feel like exercise at all; Sports Resort. It's also good for getting out when friends around for a drink as there's bowling on one of the discs, hula hoop, boxing and sword fencing are popular here too. I'll let you know what discs they're on if you're interested.
You definitely need all the extras Tipp mentioned, though I've been told Zumba will work by putting the remote in a pocket at your hip. X

I also cottoned on to the Coconut Milk Powder, is it any good? How do you cook with it? I am going to toddle off and tot it up in my WW calculator app to see how many points!x

I mix it with water then pour into slow cooker stews - really nice, quite coconutty flavoured.

Eyes widen in amazement...20-in-1 ... Look forward to you saying what that's like :DGadget queen may need one! I'm running out of space for everything!.....What date is your birthday?

I know - 20!! The blurb says - "5 ways to cook! Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steam, Fry and Multi Cook! Also features 24-hour Delay Timer - simply set it in the morning and your dinner will be ready when you want it. 14 easy, pre-programmed touch of a button cooking functions for: Meat, Fish, Stew/Soup, Veg, Cereals, Pasta, Rice, Cake, Bake, Crispy, Pizza, Egg, Yoghurt and Jam"

So I'm not sure where the 20 comes from from - but will see. I love that you can cook meat or chicken from frozen safely in 20 minutes :).

Birthday is the 17th.

Last edited:
Oh I love those recipes - but I guess too that you could use any pressure cooker recipe :).

There's tonnes of pressure cooker kindle recipe books for free on Amazon at the moment - some sounds a bit hit and miss but some look good!

I think we deserve one each, don't you? :D. I use my slow cooker and soup maker all the time, I'm always making one pot pasta/rice/veg dishes, I make yogurt and want to make cottage cheese - so can see it getting a lot of use!

Oh I love those recipes - but I guess too that you could use any pressure cooker recipe :).

There's tonnes of pressure cooker kindle recipe books for free on Amazon at the moment - some sounds a bit hit and miss but some look good!

I think we deserve one each, don't you? :D. I use my slow cooker and soup maker all the time, I'm always making one pot pasta/rice/veg dishes, I make yogurt and want to make cottage cheese - so can see it getting a lot of use!

Yes, I think we definitely do :) just think how happy we'll make people when we re-home our beloved gadgets :D Mind you, like you I use the slow cooker & soup maker a lot and know I'll have a problem giving them away. :oops:

I've been meaning to say that you're doing really, really good on your calorie intake...proud of you there Sooz.

I've got a bag of coconut milk powder and have never once thought about adding it to cooking, I've only ever made it up as a drink. Thanks for that tip X

Yes, I think we definitely do :) just think how happy we'll make people when we re-home our beloved gadgets :D

Well, exactly - we simply owe it to people to buy new gadgets - we're like Social Services! :D.

Thanks for the good wishes, I have to say I feel more able to do this long term. There will be times when I spit the dummy about it all, I know, but that's fine, just as long as I climb straight back on the wagon!

Morning all! Another lovely day here. Got a good night's sleep, thanks to the Epsom salt oil. The house is up on a hill and now there's a nice breeze coming through, with rain forecast so that will help cool things down a bit.

No idea on the food front today, so will post food later, once I see what needs using up - then a big shop tomorrow.

Back