Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh your poor tum, glad you're ok now. I have visions of Stella with her passport and suitcase tucked under her arm:D X

image.jpeg

Love it! Been busy this morning - including going to the vet - so something is finally ticked off the list hurrah!

Next - laundry; then sorting out clothes/shoes - the rule I'm imposing is that if I haven't worn them since I've been in Italy, out they go.

I hate after I throw thing out as then its exactly when I want them

Oh Wowza..that house is glorious. I'm serious for looking at houses to buy if I had a million to spend:) I got very picky about not getting my money's worth:D nice to dream..I get so jealous of the lovely big rooms, mine are all at least 3ft too small!

I hate getting rid of anything..it makes it's way up into the loft, it's a wonder the ceiling doesn't cave in:D X

Haha - I've moved so often that I just couldn't keep loads of stuff. Anyway i do find it therapeutic to have a good clean out every now and again.

Been busy this morning - out to get cat food for Orby. I bought some special (ie, expensive) Royal Canin dry food for her yesterday which is supposed to stop her food intolerances (and stop her throwing up everywhere). Did it? NO it did not! The poor love was sick everywhere about 1am, and she'd had nothing else, so i knew the new food was the culprit. So, we're back to Felix, as she just doesn't like anything else.

Then out again to get rid of all the recycling, and home now and thinking about brunch.

Another thing off the To Do List - went through the kitchen cupboards and freezer to sort out what I need to use up. Got quite a few packs of the skinny noodles (they weigh a ton, so not taking them back with me!); four cans of Campbells condensed soup; five packs of homemade passata; a jar of dessicated coconut; five packs of frozen Quark; frozen berries; and about 10 packs of coconut milk - so that's the menu for the next week or so sorted! :)

Dinner is now in the slow cooker - skinny noodles, condensed chicken soup, sweetcorn, peas, tarragon and soffritto (very small pieces of carrot, onion and garlic - used as a base for a lot of things here - one thing I will miss).

Tomorrow will be chickpea (cooked properly this time!) and pumpkin coconut curry. Will also make up chilli con carne and rice. Will defrost the berries and quark and have them with Options or maple syrup over them for dessert yum!

Morning - a lovely day here, and I'm up reasonably early (for me).

Just had a lovely long chat with my best friend in NZ and she wants me to go home (to NZ). My family has been urging the same thing - so there's another big decision to think about. It has been on my mind that a move outside London might not be the right thing to do, and when she said "Come home", I burst into tears lol. I can't afford to buy anywhere but she wants me to live with her, and start a property development business - food for thought, eh? There are pros and cons, as with everything, but I do miss them all terribly and as I get older, that outweighs a lot of things.

But first things first - back to London, find a job, get the flat sorted and then decide.

Wow more decisions. For some reason I would imagine NZ would provide a healthier lifestyle than London.

Yes, especially living with my mate, she's very health conscious :eek::rolleyes:. But as I joke about it, I also know it could be the saving of me, to have someone there to help me lose weight and get fit. My cousin also is really into fitness - so life could really change for me health wise being there.

And it would be so lovely to have people around me who care about me and will support me when I need it. Being self reliant is great but VERY tiring. I do have two good mates in London - but they have their own families to worry about.

For years I said I'd never go back - but when my mate asked me if NZ was still home for me, it was like a light bulb went on in my head. I might not have been ready to go home before, but I think I am now.

Been doing some research (of course), and to fly me and the cats back, and ship the car and some furniture, would only cost about £6K. I was really surprised at that.

Yes, especially living with my mate, she's very health conscious :eek::rolleyes:. But as I joke about it, I also know it could be the saving of me, to have someone there to help me lose weight and get fit. My cousin also is really into fitness - so life could really change for me health wise being there.

And it would be so lovely to have people around me who care about me and will support me when I need it. Being self reliant is great but VERY tiring. I do have two good mates in London - but they have their own families to worry about.

For years I said I'd never go back - but when my mate asked me if NZ was still home for me, it was like a light bulb went on in my head. I might not have been ready to go home before, but I think I am now.

Been doing some research (of course), and to fly me and the cats back, and ship the car and some furniture, would only cost about £6K. I was really surprised at that.

That's not bad for such a long journey. Worth thinking about if that's you want to do.

I would go back to Germany if I had the option but as my hubby doesn't work it probably won't be an option.

Ah Suzie, I got a bit teary reading your post about going home. My daughter had lived away for over 20yrs and suddenly got that light bulb moment that she wanted to go home. I think you know when the time is right and the move back home for you seems a very good plan. It's heart warming to hear you have such a good friend in NZ and a good job opportunity too. Big decision to make Sis, but those tears of yours may be showing where your heart really lies... Where ever you choose, we'll all support you every step of the way X

Are you very attached to your car...or furniture. Would it not be cheaper to sell them and buy new ones.
Big decision to make

Thank you so much, guys! @Tibbs what a lovely post - now I'm all teary again :). And thanks for letting me use my thread as a bit of a confessional :).

Tipp - I'd get nothing for my car, probably about £2K, but cars are expensive in NZ, the same car would cost about £6K - so to transport it for £1K makes sense. Plus it's a good car, 2005 but only done 28,000 miles, and it IS a Beetle convertible - so me, darling :). Re the furniture, I have a few special pieces I'd be loath to sell - an ornate French bed, chinoiserie bedside tables and screen, a lovely old pine desk and bench - but that's all, not a whole house full.

Of course I had another toss turn night. I really have to fight my impulsive nature when it comes to making big decisions - that's why I've got a slight financial mess because I bought the house here in Italy, instead of just renting, which would have been the much more sensible option. About 3am I thought, "You are crazy, what if you hate being back in NZ!" - but it has changed so much since I lived there. Of course some things will be worse than the UK - mobile phone charges are high, so is the cost of living - but if my mate and I are sharing those costs, then that's not so bad. But whenever I think about being back with family and friends, I just well up again. Your idea of a long term holiday is a good one, Tipp, although I'd have to sell the Italy house first to finance it - and find a long term housesitter for the cats.

Back