Susie's 2022 campaign

LOL you're welcome to come over and pick dandelions to your heart's content @purpleorc - there are LOTS of them!

The whole garden needs an overhaul - it's not huge, about 30 x 20 feet, I'm guessing, but just overwhelms me.

we have plenty lol. I can't decide what I want to do with my garden, quite small one at front but large on at back.

Yep we deliberately keep the dandelions for the bees. I sprinkle the leaves on salads and husband eats the leaves as a salad. So see, you are gardening, you are growing food🥗

Love it! I feel totally virtuous now :D

Busy day so far at work, and the guys are banging and crashing away putting in the perfect kitchen LOL.

B was about 10.30am - B toast, Marmite and A cheese, coffee
Late lunch - an SW meal, or if it gets warmer, a big salad with bacon, cottage cheese and pineapple
S - Fruit

Have a good one x

ooh I feel better too. I have a marvellous herb and tortoise food garden :)

Hope they make haste and you can use it LadyF

The joiner's not here to do the worktops until 4pm so will be working tomorrow - for now I've decided to have an SW coronation chicken lunch pot - too cold for salad!

LOL my life is mad sometimes - it's been all go here. I spotted a gorgeous big Welsh dresser on FB M'Place, so the kitchen guys collected it for me - but in the meantime the heavens opened and we had T&L, hail, torrential rain and then sunshine - and repeat! So they got soaked bringing it in, poor things.

Then the joiner arrived, pronounced the worktops to be excellent quality and they are now being fitted andc a space cut out for the Belfast sink. The kitchen guy has found a slow leak that should really be fixed by the county water board, but as they could take months/years, we've decided just to do it quietly ourselves; and I'm huddled in a corner of a very large room that is full of cabinets, worktops, rolls of lino, dressers and evefrything out of the kitchen haha. Lucky I'm not OCD :oops:.

And throughout of all the noise and chaos, I've been working hard on getting charities for focus groups for Wednesdasy. Never a dull minute!

Sounds so busy Susie but it will be perfect soon and you won't know yourself

Sounds like good progress is being made tho, all good. FB marketplace can be great for bargains. I picked up my latest fridge from there and a tv last year. I'm going to start browsing for things to buy to upcycle I think :)

Morning all - so happy to report a 4lb loss, takes me back to 1 stone on SW, and 42lbs since November :D. I'm so chuffed with the loss, considering the limited space to prepare things, etc - and those SW meals have really been a lifesaver. Apart from anything else they reduce my portion size - unlike batch cooking, where I go back for more...

It also looks like I may be able to move back into the kitchen today or tomorrow, so The Big Sort Out is on the agenda for this week!

And back to the hospital this morning to drop off a sleep apnoea kit, the second test I've done - there's a link to A Fib. I don't think I have it but they need to check everything, and the NHS care has been superb.

Foodwise, I don't know at this stage, got lots of salady stuff to use up so throw a whole lot into a dish and see what comes out. Got a thing for cubed beetroot at the moment!

Tried the Aldi frozen chips this week too, and they are much nicer - and much cheaper - than the SW ones. And syn free.

wowzers well done on that 4lb off! you've done an amazing job coping without a proper kitchen!

I can imagine you can't wait to be back in today/tomorrow it's great the end is in sight, and hopefully it's all been well worth the effort.

Thanks love, my focus has been quite good this week. Really felt like hot chips on the way back from the hospital - but instead, I came home and had an SW all day breakfast pot. Just off to polish my halo! :D.

Will enjoy my full quota of syns today though, I did pick up some Skinny bars and a small bag of Baileys fudge at B&M - 2 syns each, not bad!

Congrats Ladyfelsham on your 4lb lost. You have done amazing under difficult circumstances. Being prepared with some ready meals from SW has paid dividends in spades.

Thanks for the tip on the ready made frozen chips. Always hand to have in when time is not on your side but will keep us on plan.

Blimey, what an afternoon - a small disagreement with the builder has turned into a major spat and divorce!

Leaks in the kitchen and all sorts of substandard work have made for an unhappy LadyF today - but not to worry, I'll go to Checkatrade and get someone who turns up on time and does the job properly. I've lived with the chaos for this long, I can do it for a bit longer. Been horrible though with FB messages going back and forth, but I think the conversation, such as it was, is over now. He's claiming all soerts of extra money need paying but I'd documented everything, so he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Sad that it has come to this but such is life eh?

I know what your going through re:leaks. I had new radiators put in 6 weeks ago. As soon as the plumber left they were leaking. So I had to turn them off. He came back and put more tape on the valve connections and tighten the nuts up. Next day sti; ;eaking so he said to me I need new valves. I didn't mind paying for new ones but no way was I going to pay him to fit them. So I got someone off MyBuilder and she has been amazing. One of the radiators is still leaking as it has a hole in it and the plumber who put them in came back 3 weeks ago and still hasn't replaced it. I messaged him Sunday and he said it was in so would fit it this week. Not heard anything from him for when he is going to do it. I told him to stop using excuses and get it fitted. I've already paid for it so can't get anyone else to put a new one in. The plumber rang me morning of original fitting and ask if I needed new values.

Hope you get it sorted soon. Althou after losing 4lbs without the kitchen do you really need one.;):)

Aww you are a love, @Mary2020, what a perfect thing to say lol!

So sorry to hear about your radiator drama though, these rotten workmen have us over a barrel at times, but at now you have the amazing lady from MyBuilder! Wish she'd travel to mine :D. I'll go and take a look at MyBuilder now.

But first, tea and toast! xx

Morning all - another day, another drama - and now the boiler has gone on the blink! I am beginning to hate this house...but got a boiler repairman off Checkatrade and he's coming tomorrow morning to have a look.

Also got three companies coming to quote to finish off the kitchen, even though they can't start straight away - but I can wait if it means getting it done properly this time!

Food will be of the toast and ready meal variety today, as I still don't have anywhere to cook. I'm hoping to get the parlour sorted out a bit better this week in case there's a long wait for the kitchen to be done.

Oh dear this wasn't what I hoped to see in here :( I'm sorry it's going badly, hopefully the problems can be fixed quickly. These people don't seem to care about having a reputation anymore.

I'm grateful that I can do lots of bits myself, and as an ex engineer I have good contacts for the things I can't but I'm too far away to be off any use.

What a kitchen drama
Oh dear this wasn't what I hoped to see in here :( I'm sorry it's going badly, hopefully the problems can be fixed quickly. These people don't seem to care about having a reputation anymore.

I'm grateful that I can do lots of bits myself, and as an ex engineer I have good contacts for the things I can't but I'm too far away to be off any use.

Back