Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks guys - but there's always a silver lining, so I've now got a terrific gas/boiler man who has got the boiler working (although it is on its way out and will need replacing); and also got a kitchen fitter who is going to take out the cupboards and put them back in properly and finish it all off - and has also come up with all sorts of fabulous problem solving solutions - my kinda guy!

The leaks are being sorted, ditto the electrics (I'm having them checked just in case!), and by the end of the month I'll have the kitchen I wanted in the first place.

Happy days!

Oh and got Slimmer of the Week again last night :D. Am going off plan for the day - but back on it tomorrow.

Thanks guys - but there's always a silver lining, so I've now got a terrific gas/boiler man who has got the boiler working (although it is on its way out and will need replacing); and also got a kitchen fitter who is going to take out the cupboards and put them back in properly and finish it all off - and has also come up with all sorts of fabulous problem solving solutions - my kinda guy!

The leaks are being sorted, ditto the electrics (I'm having them checked just in case!), and by the end of the month I'll have the kitchen I wanted in the first place.

Happy days!

Oh and got Slimmer of the Week again last night :D. Am going off plan for the day - but back on it tomorrow.
Congratulations on getting slimmer of the week. So nice to be recognised that your hard work is paying dividends.

So nice that you have light at the end of the tunnel with your kitchen and you will soon have your beautiful kitchen to enjoy.

woohoo for slimmer of the week, much deserved and a lovely boost!

Fingers crossed the new people work out and all your hopes are fullfilled at the end of it all.

Afternoon all

I have been absolutely convinced it was Monday since I got up today! Looked at my phone and got quite a shock lol. That must be a common thing for the retired - but I'm not quite there yet :D.

Following on from Chilli's thread, I've been thinking about holidays - I have friends I want to catch up with in the Potteries, and Macclesfield, and St Leonards, as well as London, so going to start looking at AirBNB places for August on (if they aren't fully booked already!). And my two best mates are coming up from London for a long weekend birthday celebration in July, which is fab news, can't wait to see them. And then, once Italy comes off the Amber list, I'm going to head over to Abruzzo and see friends there too - so, lots of exciting plans - as long as the house doesn't keep throwing up expensive spanners in the works!

B - coffee
L - Healthy B wholemeal toast with sliced toms and dried basil - my SW syn free version of bruschetta
D - SW carrot and something soup, might add a bit of harissa for a little zing - and green steamed veg with a dollop of pesto and A choice feta (3 - my only syns for the day)

Have a good one!

Afternoon all

I have been absolutely convinced it was Monday since I got up today! Looked at my phone and got quite a shock lol. That must be a common thing for the retired - but I'm not quite there yet :D.

Following on from Chilli's thread, I've been thinking about holidays - I have friends I want to catch up with in the Potteries, and Macclesfield, and St Leonards, as well as London, so going to start looking at AirBNB places for August on (if they aren't fully booked already!). And my two best mates are coming up from London for a long weekend birthday celebration in July, which is fab news, can't wait to see them. And then, once Italy comes off the Amber list, I'm going to head over to Abruzzo and see friends there too - so, lots of exciting plans - as long as the house doesn't keep throwing up expensive spanners in the works!

B - coffee
L - Healthy B wholemeal toast with sliced toms and dried basil - my SW syn free version of bruschetta
D - SW carrot and something soup, might add a bit of harissa for a little zing - and green steamed veg with a dollop of pesto and A choice feta (3 - my only syns for the day)

Have a good one!
I have retired through ill health an you have hit the nail on the head without the structure of work days can seem the same. So frequently I haven't got a clue what day it is till I look it up.
We are going on holiday next week. Purely coincidental that it has lockdown goes down another level. We had booked a holiday last year but lockdown prevented us from taking it. So I rescheduled it last year hoping that times would be better. We are going in this country in a log cabin taking our dog and my mum . I am really looking forward to the break. Especially from cooking we eat out a lot not going to be that much on plan but will be more mindful of what I eat. Since lockdown began I have cooked every meal not had any takeaway meals or ready meals so luxury for me lol but getting back on the programme after my break. Fingers crossed not too much weight goes on
I hope you are able to catch up with friends and go to Italy real soon.

Lovely plans. We nearly went to the hospital for Mr AG's xray on Thursday. I'd written the wrong day on the calendar!! Luckily he checked the letter before we left!

Exciting plans for next week @purpleorc, have a brilliant time!

I'm also going to try and get home to NZ next year too - got a feeling my brother and his partner might be thinking about tying the knot :).

Ended up having the green veg, pesto and feta with SW meatballs - and it was lovely! Definitely one to make/assemble again. Then I ruined it by having 30 syns' worth of Skinny bars...oopsiedaisies :).

lovely plans, life is for living after all.

As for dates, if it wasn't for the kids I'd struggle to keep track, we did miss an appointment recently for my daughters ADHD because we forgot to put it on the calendar, which I feel bad about but it's certainly not a habit of ours to miss appointments.

Exciting plans for next week @purpleorc, have a brilliant time!

I'm also going to try and get home to NZ next year too - got a feeling my brother and his partner might be thinking about tying the knot :).

Ended up having the green veg, pesto and feta with SW meatballs - and it was lovely! Definitely one to make/assemble again. Then I ruined it by having 30 syns' worth of Skinny bars...oopsiedaisies :).
i do so hope you get to NZ soon especially if there is a wedding on the horizon.

Lunch sounded good. I know not strictly recommended by SW but maybe not use all your daily allowance for syn for a few days and this will balance out the overage for today. Those skinny bars are lethal as they are so moreish especially if you have a sweet tooth like me.

I've never had a Skinny bar and I think I never should judging by the way they seem to take hold. I like real chocolate when I have that luscious craving and thankfully it works.
Susie you do seem to be all over the place with the kitchen. How disappointing the last guy didn't get it done properly. It seems a long time since you have managed to just live in your home rather than be in the middle of either a move or renovation. Hopefully soon you will finally get to just "be" in your home.
Well done on Slimmer of the Week

Evening all - what a strange day it's been. I slept badly last night, as usual, but I normally just get up anyway and nap later - but today I just could not be bothered to get out of bed at all! I didn't have any appointments or deliveries, and nothing pressing to do at home, so it was no biggy - but that sort of 'must sleep' feeling happened before i got cellulitis the other times. However, I'm sure that's not it, there's no sign of redness, swelling or fever - so i think it must just have been me needing to catch up on sleep. Feel fine now, apart from a little sleep headache. Wasn't even hungry - very unlike me, I know!

Got up about 4pm, and had l/o's from last night - which really filled me up again. I do notice that my appetite seems to have shrunk, in terms of portion size - which is a very good thing! :) And it will even out the syns from yesterday, I hope.

It's pouring down but I've got the back door open lol - now the boiler has been fixed it's working properly and very efficiently, and the house was sooo hot, when I woke up I could barely breathe :D :D.

@tipperary you are so right about being all over the place with house stuff - but hopefully from Wednesday that will be it, being all sorted out. I'll take pics once it's finished :).

LOL on arriving the wrong day - I got to Eurostar once for a long weekend - wrong day...:D :D. But the Eurostar people were so nice, they took pity on me and let me hop on anyway and my hotel had a spare room that night - so it was a slightly longer than long weekend :D.

Last edited:
Evening all - what a strange day it's been. I slept badly last night, as usual, but I normally just get up anyway and nap later - but today I just could not be bothered to get out of bed at all! I didn't have any appointments or deliveries, and nothing pressing to do at home, so it was no biggy - but that sort of 'must sleep' feeling happened before i got cellulitis the other times. However, I'm sure that'sd not it, there's no sign of redness, swelling or fever - so i think it must just have been me needing to catch up on sleep. Feel fine now, apart from a little sleep headache. Wasn't even hungry - very unlike me, I know!

Got up about 4pm, and had l/o's from last night - which really filled me up again. I do notice that my appetite seems to have shrunk, in terms of portion size - which is a very good thing! :) And it will even out the syns from yesterday, I hope.

It's pouring down now but I've got the back door open lol - now the boiler has been fixed it's working properly and very efficiently, and the hpuse was sooo hot i could barely breathe :D :D.

@tipperary you are so right about being all over the place with house stuff - but hopefully from Wednesday that will be it, being all sorted out. I'll take pics once it's finished :).

LOL on arriving the wrong day - I got to Eurostar once for a long weekend - wrong day...:D :D. But the Eurostar people were so nice, they took pity on me and let me hop on anyway and my hotel had a spare room that night - so it was a slightly longer than long weekend :D.
I have found my portion sizes have change dramatically. I cant eat too bigger meal at once now. More little and often now. I used to want lots of sweet thing in a day. But how my cravings for sweets have really reduced which a a good thing.

Afternoon all

In a shock anouncement, I've been up and out of bed for hours :D :D. Despite being up half the night...

Last time for weighing at home tomorrow, and I've got no idea what the result will be. Now that the Skinny Bars have gone, so has the need to snack, with the exception of on plan rye cakes and Sweet Freedom. So there's a lesson there for me - one that unfortunately I seem quite happy to ignore LOL.

B - coffee
L - eggs, A cheese, B toast, more coffee
D - chicken and med veg with cauli rice/greens
S - maybe some yogurt, Solero (5), rye cakes and SF x3 (5)

Have a good one x

Tea was absolutely delish - chicken and red onion sauteed in the Clever Chef, then i added 2 red and 1 green peppers, roughly chopped, and a packet of sugart snap peas and slow cooked on low for 30 mins to soften them, then added a bag of salad greens, a tub of Philly light and 2 tsp rose harissa, stirred and served - so filling! it made 4 serves so that's 4 syns each for the Philly.

Oooh - my niece gave me rose harissa paste for my birthday. I haven't opened it yet. That sounds lovely.

Morning all - a cracking day here, going for a walk at the coast later - just got to wait for the Kitchen Mark II guys to arrive.

An STS for me this week, a little bit disappointed at first, I 'felt' slimmer this morning, but then I thought back to all the extra bread I'd been having during the night and thought, actually I'm lucky not to have gained - so, all in all, it's ok! :)

B - coffee
L - l/o chicken and veg
D - not sure, I have one SW ready meal left, might have that
S - yog and Muesli; rye cakes with SF

Enjoy your day x

Back