Susie's 2022 campaign

Read for yourself Shirataki MiracleNoodle Shop! - and no they don't taste of arse lol you charming girl :D. people who don't like them say they are rubbery or plastic tasting - but the key is to let it soak up the taste of the food you're cooking it with.

As lasagne sheets it's a big fail - but in casseroles and bolognese and stuff like that it's fab.

I'm also going to try dry frying it in Fry Light and chilli this weekend - it could be epic. Or not...

Why thank you kindly young missy :). I got in the car to come home and thought "Oooh I could really murder a glass of wine" - but then I said no! :eek:

I think I recognised that it was just my usual Friday night habit rearing its ugly head, one glass might turn into a bottle (or 2 - or even 3), I'd want a ciggie or 10 and all my lovely new eating ways would be out the window.

That was the old blimp of a Susie talking, but I said NO and zapped her! :vibes:

The new Susie is home sans vino and inhaling a rather nice bowl of slow cooker chicken casserole - which is yummy but the chicken is a bit dry...any gourmands know the remedy?

Noodles which taste of arse? I thought I had come across a totally different type of forum here! I remember when I was doing WW loads of the girls used to talk about Slim Pasta, I would guess that is a similar thing? X

LOL Serena, I'll eat almost anything but think I would draw the line at that :D :D

Yes I guess it must be the same as Slim Pasta - there are quite a few brands out there, and miracle noodles also do a free online recipe book to show you how to use them.

And good morning everyone! I had a great night's sleep (apart from a mad dream where I was on hols with my old work mates - think that must be because I'm going to see someone else from that company for coffee today :)) and just had brekky. No S foods but lunch and dinner will be full of them so i guess it will balance out?

B - 3 small eggs, 3 small bacon (Joe's lean dry cured, lovely, nitrate free I think) and tea
L - summer salad soup - romaine lettuce, spinach, fennel, peas, stock all whooshed up in the soup maker and it is lush (from the Skinny Soup Maker kindle book) - and thought I might try some courgette hash browns to go with it
D - chilli and garlic burgers (Joe's again) with tomato and cucumber, wrapped in lettuce, with 2tbsp low mayo (2 syns)

Will save my HEXB for later, I really needed it last night - wasn't hungry but wanted to graze, you know the feeling? So I had a yogurt. Then 3 cheese twists (synned), then a banana sandwich! Any thoughts on how not to graze?

Sxxxx

Food sounds lovely - I have a grilled tomato & some times some fried onions with my cooked brekkie's to bump up the speed (nearly typed superfree!!)

I tend to save my HEXB for the evening and have a lovely Chewy D bar to help with grazing cravings. I tend to snack on fruit & pickled veg too. There's a lovely little recipe book called light bites. Lots of syn free or very low snack foods really helpful for the evening.

Seems like you managed to resist the call of wine though :clap: Reckon you're going to have fab loss at weigh in x

Hmm banana sandwich....can't decide if that sounds good or awful! :D

Hmm banana sandwich....can't decide if that sounds good or awful! :D

Oooh it was lovely :D Mashed on soft bread or slices on toast, one of my favourites!

Food sounds lovely - I have a grilled tomato & some times some fried onions with my cooked brekkie's to bump up the speed (nearly typed superfree!!)

I tend to save my HEXB for the evening and have a lovely Chewy D bar to help with grazing cravings. I tend to snack on fruit & pickled veg too. There's a lovely little recipe book called light bites. Lots of syn free or very low snack foods really helpful for the evening.

Seems like you managed to resist the call of wine though :clap: Reckon you're going to have fab loss at weigh in x

Thanks hun sneaky WIs are showing a good result so far :D And thanks for the S and low syn tips, i might try lots of mushrooms tomorrow morning :)

Just back from my mate's place, we had such a talkfest that we forgot about lunch, so will make the soup tomorrow and just have water and then an early dinner tonight.

Oh my goodness I've just spent hours trawling through SW recipes, including the amazing Pete - 100+ pages of (mostly) recipes and thanks from the many people who tried them - check it out - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

Got some lovely things to try out during the week - all no or low syn - curry cake, chicken kiev, smash pizza (yes I know you're not supposed to use smash like this without synning it - but it hasn't done Pete any harm LOL), instant mash sausage rolls - and I also found a recipe for scan bran chocolate and raspberry cake for about 6 syns the lot (something to do with microwaving frozen fruit...).

I am in my element! :)

Morning lovelies :)

Feeling great today - there's a little watery winter sun, and I've got nowt to do but plan and prepare meals for the next few days. Also read Destamia (Moo)'s diary from beginning to end - really inspiring stuff - http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/339634-moos-year-24-st-start-6-st-gone-93.html - and proves that it's worth writing everything down - the highs and the lows - because it really has helped Moo on her journey :)

Health report - Day 7 (and 16 hours) - no ciggies, the occasional puff on an e-cig but so far, so good. Also - Day 11 no alcohol. And WI tomorrow night, I'm really excited. Don't know what difference their scales will be from my one at home but the home ones show a loss of 9lbs so far :D

I've also decided to do 50% of my plate as free food. If I let myself I could just eat protein so going to load up with veg as well and focus on eating that first - see Pete's awesome recipe diary, he eats a salad with EVERY meal, even if it already has lots of veg in it. So for brekkie I had scrambled eggs with basil, 3 small lean Joe's bacon, a big handful of steamed spinach and about 10 mushrooms, also steamed - and the mushies and spinach were easily 50% of the plate - and I ate them first and was so full I left some egg - result! :D

I've also found a way to up my water intake when I'm at home on the weekends - I fill a jug with 1 litre of water and keep getting up to fill my glass from that. Not midday yet and I've done the first litre (as well as two cups of tea)! :)

Menu -
B - as above
L - summer salad soup - a power packed number with romaine lettuce, spinach, fennel, green peas, celery, mint and stock
D - pork steak in the George F grill with courgette boats with a courgette, quark and mint filling and HEB breadcrumbs
S - apple, pear, yogurt

Have a fab day everyone x

Courgette boats sound divine! Have you had before?? May use that recipe I am doing weight watchers but think it could be low in points. Well done on the ecig I have used for ages and really found it useful in giving up, mind I am buying the liquid that taste of varying desserts! At the mo using one that tastes of Victoria sponge!

Morning Bea - no recipe, I'm just sort of making it up - although I'm sure there's one out there somewhere :)

Thought I'd scoop out the middle, microwave to soften then mash it up with quark (or fromage frais, thinking about it) and fresh chopped mint. I'll report back :).

Moo is awesome isn't she :D So confident and supportive too!

Have my fingers crossed tightly for you lovely - try not to sneaky weigh in between now and then to see if you can get even further :D

Good luck lovely :D :D :D Those meals sound GORGEOUS x

Thanks ladies :D

Yep class is tomorrow night, straight after work - it's a good time because then you're not ravenous and fading away from all the handclapping :D.

Changed menu for tonight and decided on an SW fish and egg pie with cauli mash. I added parsnip, carrots and peas and it seems to have come out ok, but there is a lot of liquid in the dish - from the frozen fish, I guess. Tastes OK but it definitely needs potato mash, not cauli, and stronger tasting fish I think. I didn't add the prawns (allergic) so maybe add some tuna as well? And also it would be better with the added veg on the side. And the 'creamy sauce' of yogurt and fromage frais separated and added to the runniness...and couldn't get the top to brown...so actually a Susie kitchen failure!

But at least it's syn free :D

007.jpg008.jpg

And here's brekky :)

001.jpg

Last edited:
Later - I couldn't bear wasting the pie, so have scooped off as much of the mash as I could, picked out all the parsnips, drained it and sprinkled with breadcrumbs and 30g cheese (both synned) and bunged in the oven again. At least it will be more edible...I hope :eek:.

Back