Susie's 2022 campaign

Hope you had a lovely lunch! It sounds fabulous :D

Lunch was lovely - nice to have a change from Italian cuisine :). Ruined it a bit though by enjoying a few glasses of frizzante when I got home :rolleyes:

Ooo, I have not had the pleasure of a frizzante! Sounds interesting :) Each day is a new day, wine isn't usually something to regret :D Hope today has gone smoother :)

Hey Denn how you doing? x

Menu for today all sorted -

B - huge omelette with spinach and pancetta, tea
L - courgetti with toms, banana milkshake
D - lemon chicken with salad

Yum! :D

Frizzante sounds right up my street. Wine is one of my weaknesses.

Brekkie and dinner sound yummy! I may well have to do lemon chicken next week, I'm craving it!

Phew what a scorcher today - quite light on food so am celebrating with some ice cream - spagnola (vanilla with cherries) mmmm (187 per 100g, which seems pretty good to me!).

Morning all - week 1 WI and I've lost 5lbs. Really pleased with that, as there were a few cal heavy moments along the way :).

Off to lunch at the Buccaniere, will probably skip the pasta starter and have a mixed grill or similar.

Have a good one!

Late - well so much for that theory LOL. Had a tomatoey pasta, then gorgeous pork with melted cheese on top oops...but am so full, no dinner needed!

Last edited:
Thanks Lottie :D It's not bad considering there was alcohol and ice cream in the mix too!

Weather is getting warm - my house is lovely and cool downstairs but upstairs is like a furnace - I couldn't get the a/c to work properly and really suffered last night. Have just ordered two portable cooler things, the ones that you put water/ice into, they are fab and very energy efficient, whereas the a/c isn't. First one arrives Wednesday, can't wait to try it out.

Food good so far -

B - 2 eggs on light toast, tea
L - turkey breast seared in oil, on wilted spinach and with lemon mayo dressing
D - same but with pesto dressing

I know it seems like a lot of oil but the stuff is impossible to avoid here so thought I may as well incorporate it into the count. Am trying to avoid bread and pasta for now too, which helps.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday, all x

5lbs is brilliant!! especially with all the yummy things you have been having. Today's menu sounds lovely, like pretty much all of your menus :) I love spinach! Must eat more of it....

Hiya Rach - nice to see you back :). Yep, I've moved to Italy now, been here three months and am loving it!

Fail on the diet this week, put on 2lbs, too much eating out! Today am a friend's place for a big roast dinner, so will knuckle down tomorrow :).

2lbs on isn't too bad, you are still 3lbs lighter than a couple of weeks ago :)

Have a lovely dinner with your friend :)

Hi Susie,
as long as we keep trying, then it will come off. Hope you had a great evening out & back to it now
I need to focus post a week of vino...:)
XXX

Are we knuckling down together then Susie? I'm fully knuckled today, how about you?

On a aside - have you found that your general day to day diet has changed since making the move? Have you started eating the holy grail of diets - the mediterrean diet?

Back