Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks El - feeling a bit happier with myself for the decision, just have to stop boomeranging (if there is such a word) - and need to follow Buffy's lead and when the carby moments hit, up the fats!

Anyhoo, a good food day - pork and eggs, a bit more of the same for lunch, and sossies, avocado and a huge pile of steamed spinach for dinner. 85% choc for dessert once I've forced down a green tea (ack, but have committed to drinking one a day - with sweetener!)

Getting cold here now, 2 degrees tonight brrr - leccy blanket on soon. Also just walked into the kitchen to find Stella chowing down on food with Orby sitting on the table above her looking out the window - no hissing or anything! Please, please, please let it stay this way! :)

Morning all!

What a fab long sleep, makes all the difference. After a cold night, it's a lovely sunny day here yaye :). Not hungry at all so a cup of tea will do for brekkie. For lunch it's sossies and salad, and might make up some veggie soup for dinner with leftover flax bread.

Have a good one!

I'm glad you had a good food day yesterday! I like the sound of the sossies, avocado and spinach. 3 of my favourite things!

That's good news that Orbit was in the same room as Stella without any hissing etc. Hopefully it is a good sign of things to come!

Have a lovely day :)

Morning all

A worrying day yesterday, checking up on all my family and friends in NZ - but happily they are all OK. The sensible ones headed to high ground, unlike my brother, who slept through it all! :rolleyes:

Felt really bloated this morning so did a sneaky WI and I'm back to 317! Checked it 3 times and got the same result, so I'm very happy about that. A couple more pounds by Friday and I'm back on track. So i know even if I have a carby day once a month, I can get the gain off quickly enough.

B - omelette
L - going to try a mince roll with mozzarella, spinach and sun dried toms in it - it's actually a Chubby Cubs SW recipe but sounds lush
D - sossies and cauli mash

carby day are what dreams are made of. Have you made a list of what you want to eat? I've written a letter to Santa with my desires (otherwise known as requesting my mum makes sure she has certain food in for when I arrive)

Glad it's coming off, and you are feeling back on track :)

Morning all

A worrying day yesterday, checking up on all my family and friends in NZ - but happily they are all OK. The sensible ones headed to high ground, unlike my brother, who slept through it all! :rolleyes:

Felt really bloated this morning so did a sneaky WI and I'm back to 317! Checked it 3 times and got the same result, so I'm very happy about that. A couple more pounds by Friday and I'm back on track. So i know even if I have a carby day once a month, I can get the gain off quickly enough.

B - omelette
L - going to try a mince roll with mozzarella, spinach and sun dried toms in it - it's actually a Chubby Cubs SW recipe but sounds lush
D - sossies and cauli mash

Morning, lots of goods...firstly, good your family & friends in NZ are ok..that’s you & your brother that slept through a quake:eek: Good you're sticking with LC (it really seems like it's working for you), especially good that you haven't given up and are back on track, you've got your goal in mind and you're heading there despite those pesky carbs:) And last but not least, Orbit sounds like he’ll share his house with little Stella. :D
BTW your lunch sounds lovely. Enjoy your day X

Thanks Tibbs - yes, life is back on an even keel - for now!

Have you made a list of what you want to eat? I've written a letter to Santa with my desires...

LOLOL Buffy good idea! First up would have to be soft white bread with butter and Marmite! Then maybe a pizza...or a calzone. The list goes on :D.

I'll be eating out on Christmas Day so that will have to be a treat day, what with alcohol and pud; and planning a couple of dinners here for friends during that week - but they know if they come to mine, it's low carb, and so far no one is complaining :).

hi susie glad all your family is ok in NZ and your doing well on the diet hope your having a great day x x x

Thanks Chezzie all good here hun. Menu a bit different from posted earlier - had the omelette at lunchtime and just had sossies with salad and nuts.

Still feel peckish but have baked some pork rinds so can crunch on those, plus water and the dreaded green tea o_O

What a relief your family in NZ are safe!

I do love the sound of your menus! So much so I am very tempted by the low-carb way. Not sure where I would start though. That mince roll sounds delicious!!

Hope you've had a lovely day :)

Afternoon all - just back from the vet with poor Stella, who is very groggy and out of it.

B - bacon and eggs
L - chilli mince and ciminere di rape (a leafy green veg, lovely steamed and rolled in butter)
D - pork and broccoli with a basil and cream cheese sauce

Have a good one!

Morning all from Animal Hospital :)

All OK here today. Stella bit me really badly on Tuesday night and I got a bit worried about it yesterday (note to self - stop googling lockjaw symptoms in the middle of the night and worrying yourself sick!) - but found some unused antibiotics and my hand is doing much better now. Little Stella is also on the mend, eating and staring wistfully out the window - but no outdoors for her for a week yet. Orbit is also behaving and leaving her alone - maybe she knows Stella's not well?

On the food front - a complete D minus for me yesterday. Went shopping at Vasto Lidl with mates, took them for lunch (to McDonalds OMG - and before you ask, yes I did indulge) and then to dinner at another friend's house. She had gone to such trouble, making roast chicken wings and lovely veg, but then I ruined it all by having a local Christmas bread delicacy - it's like a long thin baguette but almost sweet and soft and lush - and then a muffin! So that's this week written off!

Morning all from Animal Hospital :)

All OK here today. Stella bit me really badly on Tuesday night and I got a bit worried about it yesterday (note to self - stop googling lockjaw symptoms in the middle of the night and worrying yourself sick!) - but found some unused antibiotics and my hand is doing much better now. Little Stella is also on the mend, eating and staring wistfully out the window - but no outdoors for her for a week yet. Orbit is also behaving and leaving her alone - maybe she knows Stella's not well?

On the food front - a complete D minus for me yesterday. Went shopping at Vasto Lidl with mates, took them for lunch (to McDonalds OMG - and before you ask, yes I did indulge) and then to dinner at another friend's house. She had gone to such trouble, making roast chicken wings and lovely veg, but then I ruined it all by having a local Christmas bread delicacy - it's like a long thin baguette but almost sweet and soft and lush - and then a muffin! So that's this week written off!
Little tinker Stella for biting you! Orbit's being good not having a sneaky beat up on Stella when she's a bit groggy, fingers crossed she'll let her stay. Ooo your Christmas bread sounds wonderful, not surprised you couldn't resist (plus you'd had the worry of possible lockjaw... that made me laugh, not that you were hurt :eek:but how the Internet gives such shocking possiblities) It's hard to resist all the goodies in the shops at this time of year, sure you'll be having A+ days as you're showing determination with this diet X

I read through all your diary (this one) today. Took me a few hours with a couple of 'comfort breaks'. I feel like it was your life story and now I am a Susie expert lol :)

I had no clue you were Kiwi - I just thought you had some friends over there. I spent 3 weeks in New Zealand 3 or 4 yeas ago and LOVED it. Such an amazing and beautiful country. I would have seriously considered emigrating had it not been for the high cost of living I think it works out better if you are a medical professional, or have a trade as in the UK these are so poorly paid. The huge increase in salary in New Zealand makes up for the cost of living difference. But as a graduate with HR experience, salaries are comparable, so not worth leaving everything for. I could have applied for a young person working visa (just), but didn't fancy fruit picking etc, given I am a bit of a princess and am quite happy in an office based role. New Zealand it's one of the few countries I would visit again - there's so many places to see, I don't go back to one place twice. But New Zealand (and Vancouver in Canada) are the exceptions to that rule.

To echo Chezz's comments - you did seem really happy on SW. You've done really well on Atkins this time, so do stick with what works for you. But from an outside perspective, reading through the last few years of your life SW worked well for you.

Also boo to shitty bosses. There are far too many of them in the world.

Thx Tibbs - strange for me but am feeling completely guilt free about the bad food intake :D. Will probably be full of remorse come WI tomorrow morning though...:eek::rolleyes:

And OMG Buffy you deserve a bloody medal for toiling all the way through my thread! :D. Yep, I'm a Kiwi and very proud of being one in many ways - although I haven't lived there for a long time, it will always be home - albeit an expensive one these days!

Thanks too for the eating plan advice. I do love SW but let's face it, eating scrippelle - bread dough fried in oil and then sprinkled in sugar - isn't going to fit any eating plan except the See Food and Eat it one :D. Latest blog post is all about food too :D - https://abruzzodreaming.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/an-early-christmas-present/

Buffy you got me re-reading my own thread - interesting that I loved CC but didn't stick with it. I think it must have been my grass is greener thing again. I do love all the fat in low carb but one whiff of bread and bam that's weight on - so I wonder if I should try CC again. SW is good too but most of the stuff you use a lot (quark etc) isn't available here. Anyway I have no interest in doing a low fat diet, low fat products are so full of sugar, they are counter productive.

Hmmm - will give it some thought overnight but think CC might be easier all round, considering the food here. But MFP is giving me 1530 cals a day - is that enough/too much? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Gained 5lbs at WI this morning, to be expected but I was thinking earlier - as I get bored so easily, maybe I'll do a month on one plan, then a month on another. Crazy idea?

Anyway, it's CC for the rest of November, but will set the cals at 1800.

Got to fly, speak later xx

I do know someone who does SW and then LCHF. I cant imagine how that affects the fridge and cupboards, LOL But then I understand there are similarities between SW and LCHF so maybe its not too complicated to switch between those two. But Maybe to rotate between two WoE's could work for you (keep you interested).

Yes Lynne possibly. Back from a very nice lunch - pumpkin lasagne and then grilled chicken with salad. Will use MFP from tomorrow to work out cals.

Gorgeous day here again - 20 degrees!

Later - been reading stuff on IIFYM (If it Fits Your Macros) - seems to have some success with morbidly obese women, so have used their calculator and it's giving me 2332 cals a day - 15% carbs, 40% fat, 45% protein - so will do this for a month and see how I get on.

Last edited:
Back