Susie's 2022 campaign

Let me know how you get on. I've thought about sticking to recommended but figured it would take so long.

Morning all from a lovely sunny Italy :)

Well my decision has sort of been made for me - a friend got told by her GP here yesterday that she needs to lose weight, so we're doing CC (she could never do low carb). I'm going with 1800 a day, she'll be a bit lower. Going to be careful this week and not go mad, and then start officially on Friday.

I just need to stick to it - first I declare I'm doing CC, then it's SW, then I change my mind again. Crazy! But hopefully having a diet buddy here will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Sx

Last edited:
hi susie sweetheart
its lovely to read you being so upbeat my susie is back can you remember we use to CC together and we enjoyed it i think there was a few off us who did really well i lost put back on and more but this time (she says 3 weeks in tuesday) im going to stay with it S.W. just did not work for me i hate being told what can and not do im so defiant lolol i like to do it my way but i did love the people there at group they was lovely x x x x well im going to fly in a bit got a driving lesson try to get the confidence back god why did not learn earlier why wait till i was 46 lolol but that life i never need to drive now with my job i do with the travelling i hate waiting round for a bus anyway my susie we are going to this together x x x x x x

Oh Chezzie I do love your posts, you always make me warm and loved, bless you poppet! Good luck with the driving lesson hun xxx

Been boring myself silly re-reading my posts (load of old tosh really haha) and I do bounce around from plan to plan - so really want to stick with CC for a while. Please feel free to remind me of this!

hello susie
aww thanks for the comment my lovely you always make me feel so loved to we are the lady serial dieters lololol ............... well the driving lesson bloody disaster i have just lost it lolol everything i learnt just gone through the window but i will get there im sure x x x x

OMG, I am not sure I would have the organisational skills to achieve THAT. I make food, enter it into Fatsecret and see how I have done. Usually I am between 20 and 30 Net Carbs, and the calories can be around 1600 or below, but that is fluke. LOL So, best wishes with that and if you are successful I will be mightily impressed because I just wouldn't be up to it!

LOL Lynne neither am I, seems way too complex for my pea sized brain!

Another sunny day here today, and a bit of housework to do as I've got people coming for dinner tomorrow and I'm sure they don't want to see dust bunnies everywhere!

Its a sunny still day and the temp is 19c in shade. I have put a spicy sausage and lentil soup into the crock pot. Its a recipe from 'Peace, Love and Low Carb' It smells glorious. One thing I did wrong though, I didn't fry the ingredients before putting into crock pot. This is what happens when you have six dogs in the kitchen 'helping' and a husband with a huge bucket of black olives he wants to preserve mooning around, under your feet. Well I have bookmarked the recipe and if its good THIS time, it will be even better when I make it the RIGHT way next time :p

LOL six dogs and a husband! Yep they would be bound to get in the way - but i bet it tastes glorious.

Well, another day, another change of mind....my friend has decided she wants to do low carb too, so will stick with that for the time being. It's what I'm most familiar with and funnily enough i wandered into the kitchen to make brunch and automatically was thinking low carb. Had a lush omelette with pancetta, basil and cheese :).

Got an avocado to use up, and some cime di rape (a leafy green, slightly bitter), so that's dinner sorted.

Lynne - any low carb slow cooker ideas for chicken?

Sorry no, not off top of my head. Though I do like frying onion, red and green peppers, mushrooms (maybe) and putting them in a slow cooker and plonking the chicken on the top with seasonings on (no extra fluid) and just letting it cook in its own juices. Thats a whole chicken with bone in.

Thanks. Turns out she's never had a curry in her life (Italians tend to think their own cuisine is the only cuisine in the world lol) so will make a low carb chicken coconut curry with cauli rice.

Turks tend to be the same. I will happily dive in to 'their' food, but they eyeball mine with nervousness in their eyes. ;) Once, I gave them a Thai chicken curry. I left them with it and often wonder if they threw it away or tried it. The men seemed interested though. Actually, DH made onion Bhaji and chicken tikka for a village gathering and one of our Turkish friends broke the ice by declaring it not just edible, but good, and others tried it, but not sure how much they enjoyed it. I hope your friend finds you have opened her eyes and heart to a new way of eating and LOVES it!

Low carb seems to be what you instinctively favour, and having a friend along for the ride can only be a good thing. It can be much easier with someone to support, and be supported by :) And coconut chicken curry sounds yum!!

LOL Lynne that's exactly what happens here too! However, am missing some ingredients for dinner so it'll be chicken and tarragon instead with cauli mash.

Morning all - another lovely sunny day here and really warm. Stella is all healed up and able to go out from today, she is a wee darling but does get underfoot so I can keep her safe from Orbit (who is still hissing when she sees her alas). Has a funny little squeak too :D.

I really don't get my body sometimes - had toast and marmalade for tea last night (I know, my bad), then slept badly and was starving at 3am so had 2 fried eggs with ham, and today at the SWI I'm down 6lbs...crazy! Maybe it's all the water I'm drinking. I'm going through low carb with my friend tonight but I don't know if she'll be able to do without pasta, it's so ingrained in the Italian psyche and she and her OH usually eat it twice a day. Might show her my SW book and see if she likes that better.

Have a good one!

Hmm, my weight is up. I think the Helva binge on Sunday has properly messed with my digestion. :( Good luck with your friend. I know what its like to try to explain the rules to someone who had an addiction that will be an issue on LC. My bosses had weight issues and one was diabetic. I explained the rules and all was going well till I told them alcohol was an issue, and I saw the lights go out in their eyes. Ho hum.

Good news about Stella! She does sound like a little sweetheart. Hopefully it will get to a stage where Orbit can at least tolerate Stella, in that aloof cat kind of way :)

Bodies are strange things. Well done on being 6lbs down! Just shows that you are doing well, even with the occasional slip (which is only natural, we all have them).

Hope it goes well with your friend tonight! :)

Morning all - had a lovely night playing Mah Jong (it's very addictive) and the chicken, wine and tarragon went down well too, nothing left except the stock and juices which I'll have for soup today. Didn't get a chance to discuss HFLC with my friend, maybe on the weekend. In the meantime I'll keep ploughing on. She did bring scrippelle with her (the yummy doughy baguette things), so I had one and will give the rest to another mate who's coming round for lunch. Ditto the chocolates! When someone in the family has a baby it's traditional to give a present to friends of a bag of little chocolate eggs, so I had more than enough of those - but will try and have a couple of light days and lots of veg/water to keep on track for Friday WI.

Another gorgeous day here (sorry heehee) so laundry on in a mo.

I made Moroccan chicken yesterday. It was good!. Today I have added curry powder to the left overs and that will be our dinner tonight. In an ideal world I would have frozen it for another day but we had to go out and have a busy day, so it was a lazy way of making another meal. I hope you get a chance to talk with your friend. Some people are receptive to this WoE, but others are a waste of breath. Sadly I wish I had a tenner for each person I had spent so much time over and they didnt take to it. I am too enthusiastic, really. :D

Moroccan chicken sounds lovely Lynne.

My friend is open to new things, fortunately (she's half American) and so is her Italian OH, which makes catering easier :). I was surprised though, neither had ever had tarragon before!

Another nice day here, so more laundry on - getting colder next week so might as well clear the basket. Bad, bad food day yesterday in the end, so strict induction today and hope the damage isn't too bad tomorrow :rolleyes:.

Back