Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow 5lbs loss if brilliant!!

Love the sounds of all those salads. Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit here to go into some lovely summer salads x

Ooo I've just seen that you've lost 5lb:0clapper: how perfectly whizz! You must be over the moon:)
You've had an excellent couple of weeks and have made some lovely meals, CC seems to work really well for you Suzie.X

Thanks guys - yep, very pleased with it all so far :). I still think my cal level (2,000) might be a bit high but will see how I do at WI next Friday, and decide then. If i lose a pound or two, will keep it at that for a bit longer :). Some days are lower anyway - like today - but like having wiggle room on the weekends.

Also really love the flexibility of it. I'm going to Lidl with mates on Tuesday, and we have a ritual - they drive, I buy lunch at Maccas. Normally I'd order a Big Mac meal and scoff the lot - but the McDonalds Italy website very kindly lists the cal content of all their food - 1,160 cals for a BM meal!!! :eek:. So I'll just have the burger for a more acceptable 580 cals :D.

Today -

B/L - leftover sossies and sweet pot chips with 2 fried eggs, bacon and tea
D - pork loin with salad with mandarin oil
S - cheese and scan bran, 4 oatie bikkies, Options

Total - 1,502

Have a lovely day, all xx

Later - it's gone all rainy and cold here so salad wasn't appealing. Just back from polishing off a huge (side) plate of pork loin, spinach, beans, mushrooms and my friend's homemade and utterly delicious apple chilli jam! I am so full but 2/3 of my plate was greens, so I've decided that's ok :). I don't normally like hot chillies, but this was lovely - very zingy and made my nose run (tmi) - but was magic on the otherwise boring pork.

Got hungry around lunch and had Italian bread with light cream cheese and ham - so total cals 1,724 (including my as yet unconsumed snacks and Options). This is what I call eating! :D

Last edited:
I love the flexibility of CC. It's great to be able to have treats, but then cut back in other meals. I'm sure that's a healthy way to enjoy food too and a good way to get your brain into thinking about food.

Getting a Big Mac in under 1800 cals for the day! Nice one!

Morning all - rainy here, with thunder forecast, so it's another day indoors - catching up with paperwork, etc.

Had a very vivid dream about Benedict Cumberbatch (no, not that sort of dream!) - his wife ran off and he came and stayed here - and I fed him...not very racy was it? :D

B - egg and bacon wrap, tea
L - carrots, spinach, peppers, beans stirfried with skinny rice
D - sossies and pumpkin mash with light cream cheese
S - Options, Scan bran with a slice of cheese, 4 biscuits

Total 1,700

So glad you're into your stride with CC:D

By far the most important thing in this journey as far as I'm concerned is to truly enjoy what you're eating, because you're going to have to do it for a very long time - for life, in fact!

I also believe in eating as much as you can for as long as you can whilst still being in a deficit. Trying to bully the pounds off by eating at too low a calorie level is just a recipe for yo-yo'ing IMO. You see it all the time: people cut way down on their cals, manage for a while then their bodies kick back and make them eat everything in sight and they're back to square one. Not good.

Also, if your journey is long, taking maintenance breaks every few months is important too so that your hormone levels - which get disrupted in a prolonged deficit - can normalise again. I wish I'd taken proper breaks back in 2012 when I lost my big chunk of weight, then I might not have ended up with my hormones so messed up that I regained nearly half of it:rolleyes:

Anyway, I think what I'm trying to say is that you're smashing it!:Dx

Awww thanks Scrummie, very sage advice - and much appreciated!

Starving, didn't get breakfast in so will do the wrap now with salad :).

Morning all - rainy here, with thunder forecast, so it's another day indoors - catching up with paperwork, etc.

Had a very vivid dream about Benedict Cumberbatch (no, not that sort of dream!) - his wife ran off and he came and stayed here - and I fed him...not very racy was it? :D

B - egg and bacon wrap, tea
L - carrots, spinach, peppers, beans stirfried with skinny rice
D - sossies and pumpkin mash with light cream cheese
S - Options, Scan bran with a slice of cheese, 4 biscuits

Total 1,700

Have to ask....what did Benedict Cumberbatch eat? Haha

Have to ask....what did Benedict Cumberbatch eat? Haha

Pasta with mushrooms :D.

Morning all - the rain has gone, the forecast is great and I got a cracking night's sleep, only up for the loo once yaye :). Off to Vasto (a pretty coastal city) with mates to do the Lidl shop and meet a friend who lives there - she lives in an ordinary looking apartment block, but when you stagger up four flights of stairs and through the door - boom - a wrap around terrace with gorgeous sea views, lucky woman :).

B - yogurt and grapefruit
L - Big Mac woohoo - and have counted in a large gelato (just in case we stop at the gelato factory on the way home :D)
D - leftover sausage salad - I mixed a dollop of my friend's homemade apple chilli jam with no fat plain yogurt last night and OMG it was lovely!! My new addiction, i want to put it on everything! In my usual OCD way I've calculated the cals precisely - 14 cals a dollop :D
S - the usual
Total - 1,829

Have a good one! xx

Well what a lovely day I've had!

Beautiful weather, did the big shop at Lidl's, where they had Orbit's favourite food - I bought - wait for it - 32 cans!!! That should keep her going for a while :D.

Then we went for lunch. Not Maccas, the weather was too nice, headed to a beach restaurant at Fossacesia, where I had antipasti (salami, olives, local cheeses and proscuitto) and then homemade chitarra pasta with tomato sauce and sossies, all washed down with bianco frizzante, then gorgeous gelato - yum! Not even going to attempt to adjust MFP! Certainly not having dinner, soooo full.

Home now, and just feel so happy about living here - everything is so much better when the old solly shines eh? :)

Sooo jeal!! I want to live in Italy!!:D Everything sounds so utterly perfect.
You know I said I pictured you with a basket over your arm going around your village shops with all the fruit and veg outside. Well, now I picture you sitting in the sunshine, big smile on your face, chatting away over a glass of wine... So pleased you're loving your life Suzie X
Food sounds amazing:p
I'm now off to google chitarra pasta to see what it is :) X

Mmmmmmm lovely images in my mind of you basking in sunshine enjoying fresh pasta and gelato. That really is the life Susie xxxxx

Glad Orbit cat is also having a good food day. Has she settled in to Italian life?

Thanks ladies, I know just how lucky I am to live this way.

Claire - Orby has completely taken to it, despite the long drive to get her here, and then two months living in a rental before moving into Felsham Hall :). I have a new cat too, a cutie pie black one year old called Stella, who I think was abandoned - but Orby's not so happy about this interloper, lots of hissing and waving of claws - but Stella is here to stay so she will just have to get used to it!

Had a very lazy day, and not the best food choices! Mahjong tonight so it will probably be pasta on the menu at my friends' house. Will update cals later.

B - baguette with herby cream cheese
L - sausage salad
D - pasta and who knows...

Hi Suzie, I'm back again! Sounds like you're really making the most of your Italian living, good on you! Can't say I'm not jealous, although I would find it so so hard not to resist all the yummy pasta and wine :p x

Haha Susie poor Orbit cat! After being the centre of your world for so long. still, I know you have enough love to completely adore them both :)

Mahjong sounds interesting. How long does a game take to play? Sounds like a fun way to spend the evening. More yummy pasta, mmmmmmmmm

I would find it so so hard not to resist all the yummy pasta and wine :p x

Hi Little Miss and welcome back! The key word there is "resist" and I'm afraid not much resisting has taken place this week! :D

Mahjong sounds interesting. How long does a game take to play? Sounds like a fun way to spend the evening. More yummy pasta, mmmmmmmmm

We start about 6.30 - each hand takes about 20-30 mins, and we usually get about 7 or 8 hands in. Love it, it's very addictive! :).

Hope your game was won and food was good. What are koljac noodles ? Do they taste like regular noodles?

Food tonight was lovely - lots of naughty pizza breads and antipasti, then pulled pork with mash. Delish!

Konjac noodles are made from some rubbery plant thing and they don't taste of anything really, but they are great at making me feel really full, so I use them in pasta type dishes and they take on the flavour of the sauce.

Morning all!

A busy-ish day today cleaning the house because I've got five people coming for lunch tomorrow - although one of them has made loads of food, bless him - aubergine parmigiana, butternut cannelloni and seafood salad (for the others). They're also bringing something, so all I've got to do is get bread, make a green salad, the beetroot and orange salad and maybe a potato one, and get some fizz. So we should have plenty of food :D.

I really overate at dinner last night so am pretty sure it will be a gain for me tomorrow. I'm actually fine with it, this woe is for life and there will be weeks where it doesn't go my way. Had a massive sleep in so no brekkie.

L - pancetta strips with eggs, tea
D - chicken salad
S - might not have any, see if a low cal day helps for WI tomorrow!

Back