Susie's 2022 campaign

Sounds good. I had similar for my lunch - baked courgette spaghetti bolognese, I'd forgotten how nice courgette is. Those sorts of things can be a pain to sort out, my printer is horrible sometimes lol

Morning all - Spring has sprung here and the weather is fabulous! There's a lovely haze across the town that I see from the French doors, makes it look all ethereal and romantic :).

Hoz - I love courgettes, have them a few times a week - and now they are in season here so plentiful and cheap :).

L - using up the leftover salad, might cook up some sossies too, and maybe a hard boiled egg.
D - at a friend's house, I think she's doing pasta with avocado, so will syn that, but I don't imagine there will be heaps in a serving. Probs only about 3 syns.

Taking a while to wake up this morning, so another cup of tea, then it's time to change the bedding. Life in the fat lane :D.

Hello susie !!
Long time my friend!

So good to see you on here. Reading recent posts it looks like you're enjoying life in Italy. How's it going? I hope you and your friends were not too affected by the earthquakes recently. I was thinking of you x

Awww thanks sweetie - it did get a little scary there for a bit, what with the quakes (about 2.5 hours away but still shook the house) and the heavy snow! But that's all gone now and the weather is really improving.

Life is going great here - after the honeymoon period I got a bit lonely and wondered if i'd made a huge mistake - but have met some lovely people who have become great mates, so am really enjoying it now :).

You were so brave to make the move, so a by if a wobble is totally understandable. Great to hear you've made friends and sounds like you're having a good time now.
How is the house going? Is it all refurbished now? Did you ever get your blue shutters ??
And how's the Italian coming on? !!

You are doing so well with your food - all these salad/veg dishes you're making sound fab!

And I am dead jealous of courgettes being in season...that would be about August here:rolleyes:, lol!

Enjoy your sunshine (and send some this way, please!)x

How is the house going? Is it all refurbished now? Did you ever get your blue shutters ?? And how's the Italian coming on? !!

Clever you, to remember my blue shutter dream! :). No new shutters sadly, but the house is just about done - rewiring (awful), kitchen and bedrooms done, ensuite sorted - just the downstairs bathroom to rebuild, outside to do, maybe paint the house baby blue and then just a few little jobs here and there. Give me another five years :D

You are doing so well with your food - all these salad/veg dishes you're making sound fab! And I am dead jealous of courgettes being in season...that would be about August here:rolleyes:, lol! Enjoy your sunshine (and send some this way, please!)x

Thanks hun - everyone seemed to enjoy it :). Wish I could send you some sun but it's gone all hazy and fog will be here soon!

Awww lovely to hear you are so happy now Susie and as Claire said you were really really brave to make the move. I suppose a wobble was inevitable really. Nice that you are this side of it x

Thanks guys - not sure if 'brave' is the right word - mad, foolhardy, naive? :D. But we're getting there :).

Another nice morning, off for appointments - but am currently sat here in tears reading all the accounts of the awful events in London yesterday. So very tragic :(

Very tragic, very sad and very unfair xx
We are so lucky to be alive and safe.
Must make the most of this life xxxxxx

Evening all

Well I have been right bad the last day or so! Red wine, two calzone, and too much cheese....oh dear. Am sort of back on track today but feeling very bloated so I'm not holding out any hope of a loss on Monday - although will do my best to minimise the damage this weekend. It's got really cold this afternoon so am about to have sossies, eggs and baked beans - good comfort food.

Hope you've all had a good day x

Ohhhhhh, sound like it was worth it!
Good luck for a better weekend :)

So after all this time, you're not sick of pizza yet?!

LOL you are kidding :D - it's my favourite food of all time!

Well ladies, I am sitting here doing my usual prevarication and just wondering whether I should ease back into CCing, rather than SW. It's certainly easier to do CC here, and I'm getting up to my old tricks with SW - too much pasta, etc, plus feeling a bit deprived because of the limited amount of bread and cheese.

But CCing means being really dutiful about logging everything...although it does also mean I can cope easier with invites out. Got three lunches this coming week, and two dinners! And pizza is easier to accommodate on CC :).

Later - after much googling and reading back on my thread, I've decided to do CC, with Friday for my WI and using tonight's scales reading as my starting point. Set the cals at 2000 - which is an average of three calorie calculators (they all vary wildly) and will give it a month and see if it works better for me.

Sat morning - sitting here feeling really annoyed with myself. Did a WI this morning and I'm back to 328, not even sure what I've eaten to have such a gain. Right, I think it needs to be CC for me, with scrupulous weighing and logging of food. I am sick of going back and forth!

Last edited:
Just back in from a mammoth Ikea trip, bought the last cupboard to finish off the kitchen woohoo!

Lunch was at my friend's house - pizzaola (steak with passata type sauce) and lots of salads - but her husband was naughty and bought some tarts, so we each had one.

Dinner was aperitivi and a G&T at a lovely bistro on the coast. I love aperitivi - yummy little sandwiches and pastry things - and very filling, so no dinner needed.

And all logged! Gone over my allowance by a little bit, but hey it's Saturday :). During the week my cals will be lower, especially when I can control what I eat. Friends are so funny, they say "Oh I only put the tiniest bit of oil in" and you know that's a real under-estimation!

I'm still feeling down about my weight gain though, and in Ikea I caught a glimpse of myself full length and nearly DIED! Still, no point in getting upset, she says bravely, so it's 'shoulders back and get on with it' time.

Have a fab evening, ladies xx

That's the way Suzie, line drawn and march onwards and downwards. Just think how nice it will be to lose some pounds ready for the scorching Italian sunshine, I'm sure you can do it.
It must be so hard though trying to diet over there, the food sounds gorgeous. I can just see myself sipping on a gin & bitter lemon with my hand reaching out to the aperitivi:) Enjoy your Sunday X

Wow, all that Italian food sounds so yummy!
Hopefully with summer on the way, they'll buy lots of salads and fruits around to tempt you into healthier eating.

I finding MyFitnessPal gets easier to log once I've set it up, so it comes up with previous things when you type in the first letter. The more you use it the easier it gets, so hope you don't find it too onerous. I find CC works for me and good to be flexible. Hope it works well for you xxxxxxx

Afternoon all

Still a bit wobbly on the eating front, went over my cal allowance a bit two days in a row - but at least it is all logged. Better today so far...:)

B - 1/2 avocado on wholemeal bread, tea
L - sossies and eggs, 1 tsp oil
D - pork loin and cauli mash
S - yog, apple

Total - 1,600

I'm really going to try to tackle the emotional eating thing this year - my big project! Made a start and unfriended someone who has been messing my head up for a while - an old flame who I still have feelings for, and he has been playing my bigtime for a while - so, sayonara pal! It's time to look forward to a happy, positive future, with a content body image and hopefully a nice guy to keep me company! :)

Last edited:
Good for you unfriending your old flame Suzie even though it would have been very hard for you to do and the temptation to allow him back in will probably be there at times. You deserve someone who cares enough not to mess with your head, you deserve to be happy. Glad to hear you're at the point that you feel ready to move on and find someone who deserves the lovely person you are X

As for the calories being over, I think it takes a few days to get it in your head the amount you're aiming for. At least you know why you're going over and are aiming to sort it. Your calories for today are low, I remember you're aiming for 2000 a day, is that to give you some spare to play around with or damage control? Don't starve yourself, if you're anything like me that would lead to me saying stuff it and I'd eat the cupboards bare, especially if upset. Might be wrong, but I'd tell myself this is day one of the new strong dust yourself down I'm happy with me self.
I know you like to have a g&t or wine, are you going to calorie count a glass or 2 into your week so you don't feel deprived?
I'm forever jumping ship & hopping plan to plan, you've now got me thinking I need to go back to CC :)

I'm really liking the flexibility of CCing Tibbs, and I do like to keep some cals spare for the evening, so total will be closer to the 2,000 mark. I'm going to stick with that level for a couple of weeks and see if/what I lose - if no loss means it will come down to 1800. When I'm in focus, being good and eating lots of veg, my usual day is about 1500.

And thx for your kind words hun. I have really known for ages that I needed to give Old Flame the flick, but he is only part of the problem. It took a few (too many) G&Ts the other night and a conversation with an old mate (who is a therapist) for the scales to fall from my eyes. I've also decided no more gin or wine for a while, I really need to get on top of this binge thing because it keeps sabotaging my weight loss.

Soooo - I'm OK. I have a lot to be grateful for in my life, and now I just need to keep trotting along, hopefully stress free for a while, and just concentrate on making nice healthy meals :).

Back