Susie's 2022 campaign

It's been perishing at ours for the last few days, Bessie is glued to the radiator :). How's your tree? Still in one piece?
Oh and btw, I think it's a good plan that you stay put in London for a bit as it's working out really well for you (forgot to reply to one of your earlier posts). x

Yes it makes sense for me to stay put for a bit, I've had enough adventures for a while :).

Freezing again today and rainy brrr - but the sun is shining in my heart, had my first 1-2-1 today and the boss says I'm wonderful - so that went well :D.

Isn't it wonderful to be wonderful. It was great the way everything fell into place for you.

:) lovely to have your wonderfulness recognised..pleased for you Suzie, it makes a job worthwhile when it can give you a sunshiny heart :thankyouthankyou:X

She's such a great boss, it's a pleasure to work with her. I did something for her urgently this afternoon and she emailed (from an external appointment) that I was BEYOND wonderful :D. Love it - but that's enough bragging for now :).

Had a great day - two parcels I'd booked for pickup online got picked up - so that's a plus. One was a present, the other contained 13 packets of scan bran that i'd bought online while in Italy, and sold them for £15 so that's a little spending money for the work Christmas party tomorrow night. :banana_dancer:

I also got an ethernet extension cable for the work phone (delivered to the office) which worked perfectly. It was only a fiver, it came overnight and it also meant I didn't have to go anywhere near the 'about as useful as a chocolate teapot' IT guy. He comes in once a week and is so aggressive and stubborn - and has his head in the 20th century when it comes to IT , just won't accept that there are better ways of doing things. Still, I've heard a whisper that his days might be numbered.

Food? Meh....just eaten a gazillion ginger snaps. Sorry, that should read: "inhaled"...but they were artisan bikkies, be rude not to.

Last edited:
I'm pleased you're letting us know that it's going so well at work for you. Good boss to take the time to say she appreciates the things you're doing..and how heart warming to be thought of as beyond wonderful.
Oh, I've just realised you're at your Christmas party..hope you're having a whizz of a good time..where was it?

Ginger snaps are the only biscuit I'd dunk..once I start it's a whole packet gone in no time:p I cannot have them in the house, and those little gingerbread men..which I adore..are wicked little things:p X

Morning girls - had a fab time last night, but am suffering a bit today - hot buttered rum being the main culprit! But had lots of chats and laughs, and made a new office friend, John the new warehouse shift coordinator. Also loved my secret Santa present - a pink bell which says Ring for Prosecco on it :D.

And I cleverly planned ahead and booked today as TOIL :D. But alas no rest for the wicked, I've just given a load of moving boxes to a Freecycle member, and later another Freecycler is picking up an eiderdown which is surplus to requirements.

I love those little secret Santa presents when people get you just right X

I know, it's so me :). Am rather pleased with the prezzie I bought for my secret Santa - the HR Manager loves NFL and I found an NFL colouring book on Amazon - she was chuffed to bits :D.

Am unnaturally excited about my latest gadget - a WiFi smart plug! I don't have gas and the house is always so cold when I get home, until the oil filled radiator heats up - now all I have to do is open an app on my phone and switch it on at about 4pm and the house will be all toasty warm when I walk through the door - love it!

Just popped a pigout meal for dinner in the oven - potato dauphinoise and a chicken and tarragon pie mmmm. A million cals later....

I love reading how well things are going for you. Your work place sounds like it is full of lovely people :)

Your dinner sounds lush!!

I completely get your excitement about your wifi plug! I would be excited too. Very useful gadget. A warm house is much better than a cold one.

..Big Grin and sparkling eyes:D ooo now that is a super useful gadget that I do not possess!! Then again, I don't really need it as we've gas central heating that I never switch off:D but there must be something that I need to turn on if I'm out:D I could even buy one as a present for someone..I need to investigate this miracle thing:) I love techy type stuff

Your dinner certainly does sound nice..I love pies..have you tried Jamie's chicken pie? The one that has fromage frais & Dijon mustard in it is devine..I love puff pastry especially when it goes soggy underneath..I'm starving! I need pie:p

BTW, is your little tree still in one piece? Bess keeps pulling stuff off ours in protest when she's left on her own:) X

Sorry forgot to say earlier - yes the tree is still in one piece, amazingly. After an initial cat SWAP team investigated, they've pretty much left it alone - although i wouldn't rule out coming home next week and finding it in pieces...

The Wifi socket was £14 and would be good for switching on lamps remotely too (hint hint :D).

I haven't tried Jamie's chicken pie, oh my that does sound lovely - better try it before my pastry eating days come to an end in January!

Cold but clear this morning. i really need to vacuum the floors, there are dust bunnies everywhere but the thought of lugging the Henry out and hauling it round is putting me off. Maybe my next purchase should be a cordless vacuum - anyone got one that works well?

Cold but clear this morning. i really need to vacuum the floors, there are dust bunnies everywhere but the thought of lugging the Henry out and hauling it round is putting me off. Maybe my next purchase should be a cordless vacuum - anyone got one that works well?

Do you have hard surfaces or carpet. Either way I have the gadget you need. I don't do floors, it aggravates my back and Darling husband always did them. But he hurt his back in a car accident and no can't do them either so bought three gadgets to do them. Downstairs we have all tiles. He bought a small automatic sweeper. Sit it on the floor, press the button and off it goes sweeping in circles and keeps going until it runs out of power. Just empty it, plug it in and its ready to go again about 4 hours later. Then we also have a floor washer. Add clean water and cleaning fluid and turn it on. This one has a sensor and works its way around the whole floor. Its not great at scrubbing heavy dirt but perfect for using every day to keep the floor clean. Finally upstairs we have a mix of carpet and wooden floors and have a fully automatic hoover. It has a docking station that it charges at and at preset times heads off and Hoover's the floors, docks itself and recharges. You just have to remember to empty it.

Morning all!

Thanks Tipp - I have a Neato robotic vacuum but it's in Italy waiting to be brought back, although i never used it while i was there, so might sell it once it arrives. I did go ahead last night and buy a Morphy Richards cordless vac on the recommendation of a friend - which should arrive soon - but will definitely investigate the floor washer!

Got an exciting day ahead doing the laundry - should have done it Friday night so all my work clothes are ready for the coming week, but can dry them on the radiator so they are done today.

Otherwise, not much happening, might clean out the spare room a bit more. Or not...:rolleyes:

Foodwise, i have been eating all sorts of bad stuff but actually felt really over it yesterday and ready to start eating to plan!

Evening all - another busy day but a good sense of having really achieved something.

Everyone was full of praise re the Telegraph, and I've found case studies for another two articles, so we'll be getting more coverage yaye! People are starting to leave for their Christmas break now, so the place will be empty by the end of the week - just me and a couple of others. But I'll get from NY Eve right through to the 8th Jan off instead, with just the 2nd working from home.

Now I'm home and relaxing with the furbs ahhhh. Being back at work has made me really appreciate the weekends :).

A little Christmas treat for myself arrived today - skin/body care called Kind Natured - no SLSs, parabens and so on - can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

Last edited:
Back