Susie's 2022 campaign

Yay! Dance around in happiness for you sis 💃Brilliant result👏
Agree that keeping to 7 syns is very hard. I've had no tea tonight and my treats tin is screaming at me to open it🙉

Susie, that is really amazing, more than four stone truly is an astonishing loss so well done you. You seem to have been so successful since you came back from Italy, other than the actual move can you pinpoint anything that made this success possible this time around. I am struggling to find focus right now, I manage three days and then something knocks me off track for a day or two and everything is back again.
I need a minimins intervention I think.

Thanks all - I am really surprised, TBH, I felt so heavy and cumbersome - but that's the weather I guess.

Tippy - I guess there's a few things I can identify that have helped me. Remember that I've been trying - actively trying - to lose weight for years...and I tried SW once before and didn't get on with it so well. Sometimes it just has to be the right time.

1. I gave up alcohol - but I don't know how I did it. I woke up with a terrible hangover after NYE and thought "Enough", but I've been there plenty of times before (as a binge drinker) and didn't keep off the vino for long. this time something has just twigged in my brain or something, and every time I think of having a drink, I feel a bit queasy. I also wanted to give SW the best go that I could, and booze knocks any diet out the window. The longer it goes, the less I even think about drinking. Strange, but I'm happy to be a teetotaller if it means losing weight.

2. I've really upped my leafy green veg intake - spinach, broccoli, cabbage - and have one of them with every meal. I'm also trying to reduce portion sizes and only use small bowls and a side plate for meals. Plus my brain is ever so slowly getting that it's better to snack on carrots and other free food than it is to use syns up - doesn't always work, there are times when I inhale loads of HiFi bars, but I'm getting better at it. Also restrict when I eat bread and pasta - early in the week, and not much of either. And let's not forget the horror that was ChipGate - I'm finding that my appetite for fatty or bready foods (pizza and chips) is fading, probably because it gives me horrible IBS-type pain! I used to eat a croissant regardless of whether it was fresh or not, delicious or not - but now I'm finding more or more that I do think "Do I want to spend the syns on this, when it doesn't taste fabulous?". But it's not happened overnight - changing your taste buds is a long, slow process!

3. Focus - it's SO easy to lose it - I don't know how you guys cater for family and then try to eat healthily yourselves. I only have myself to worry about but I've fallen off the wagon plenty of times. Last night, in fact (although that was official Treat Night lol). The difference this time is that every time I do, I get straight back on plan. And of course it will be a lot easier when I don't have to worry about the work fridge!

4. Going to group - I absolutely know that the class is helping me. I've only missed one since Jan and that was because of a holiday. It really inspires me to do better, I pick up tips and they make me laugh so much - so, well worth it.

5. Magic! LOL. I don't know what's happened in my brain but I actually feel like I can get to target this time. I'm now 1/3 of the way there, so a long journey yet - but I'm not exactly suffering on SW, which is what I love about it.

So there we go girls, that's my tips for what I think is working for me. Hope it's of help

TODAY - heavy on syns today, will go light tomorrow

B - had three pork, apple and beetroot sossies with spinach - 4 syns each ouch = 12
L - two cod fishcakes with spinach, 6 each = 12 - and pear/plum in Muller Light if I want it
D - kale and pear smoothie, cauli rice with peppers and cabbage

7 Speed - yes / 7 water - yes / 7 syns - no :classic_roll_eyes:

Ah well done, fantastic loss! I am also struggling to lose in this weather so extra well done for managing it. I might have to get myself some green tea :classic_big_grin:

Thanks for the tips, will try to apply some of them.

Really good tips there Suzie, and so chuffed that you're 1/3 of your way to your target..how fantastic is that✨ and how much easier you're managing this time round on SW. You've lost an amazing amount and I bet you feel so much better for it 💐

Morning all

Had a really bad day foodwise yesterday, which seems to be the rather unfortunate pattern (!), so got the focus Helmet firmly back on my silly head today :).

B - h/m toastie with 1/2 HEA cheese, tomato and sliced chicken; plus kale and banana smoothie
L - butternut squash noodles with chopped tomatoes, spinach and sugar snaps
D - skinny bacon and cheese burgers (no bread) with salad
S -
7 S yes / 7 W - yes / 7 syns - hopefully!

And here's a pic of the Twinings Cold Infuse - this is the watermelon, strawberry and mint flavour. I really like them, it's a fruit tea - but cold LOL - and not sweet. The are expensive - 12 little bags per container and each container costs £3.79 - so i won't buy them again. I might get a water infuser thing and just throw some fruit in - or make up a load of herbal tea and let it go cold...

drink.jpg

Ooo that looks nice Suzie..I think I'll have a look for those & give them a try, your toastie reminded me that I had a sandwich earlier that I haven't added. Liking the sound of your menu and putting your focus helmet on your silly head comment had me in stitches..I need to do that too 😹😹⭐

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO full from lunch...

....but it was all speed, plus some chicken, so I decided to stuff myself and hopefully avoid grazing later! :)

And on my third litre of water.

Hey Coffee, lovely to see you! :).

Yep it's all going pretty well, although the work food is a real temptation - but I did come home with some great stuff - a big bag of Med veg, which I've just roasted for lunch tomorrow; and some celery and beetroot :).

It's 7pm and the roads are silent lol, everyone watching the game. Not me though, finishing a great book :).

Well done on a brilliant loss!! I knew you could do it :) xx

Me neither. I'm sort of watching Nadal, FT and posting..multi tasker😸 What are you reading? X

A Kindle freebie called Cloister - very good, smart talking ex Secret Service woman, now training to be a nun, and involved in a plot to kill the Pope on a visit to Sydney :).

Morning all

The weather is cooler and my trousers feel looser, so all is good!

B - bacon, eggs, spinach, coffee, mini apple x 2
L - butternut squash noodles, sugar snaps, spinach, a can of toms
D - Med veg and tuna stir fry
S - crackers on cheese (HEA/B), jelly (0.5), HiFis (6)
W - 3 litres (1 down already)
7 S - Y / 7 W - Y / 7 Syns - Y - so far! :D

Have a good one, Team Lovely!

Glad to hear the trousers are feeling looser, I have been drinking green tea and the scales are going down for the first time in 2 weeks (I weigh daily) so thanks for the tip :classic_big_grin:

You're very welcome :).

My trews are feeling tighter because I had three choc chip cookies - within syns - and boy I could have really blown it. The table was covered with chocolate and Irish cream cakes, other cakes, meringues, and about 10 different types of biscuits!

Just having the 3 cookies is a great achievement!! And within syns is even better! :)

More focus than me these past few days Suzie..I'd have been pushing people out of the way to get at it all...that SYN kitchen is seriously dangerous👹 A Mahoosive well done for stopping at 3, you seem to have turned a corner Suzie and are now able to call a halt so you can stay within syns ⭐

Back