Susie's 2022 campaign

I thought you had a background in journalism or PR, you can tell. My daughter was journalist in London for about 8yr, she's freelance now. You really should consider writing a book, it would sell.
Eee, fancy Stella having a go at Tinsy's sister! It must be so worrying having little hungry strays around, I'd be like you and have to feed them.
Gosh your snow sounds really bad, hope your ciggies last! X

Thanks hun sweet of you to say so :).

Wish I could upload a pic but upload speeds are terrible here. Some forecast websites are saying it'll go until Wednesday, others are saying it'll clear up tomorrow! Still, I've got plenty of food in - just having a lovely hot bowl of bean and veg stew, with my leftover carrot soup as the stock. Yummy! Might add some peanut butter to a second bowl tonight :).

aww susie
i would be the same as yourself i would ahve to feed them all i love and pray that they get through the bad weather
i hope your ciggies get you through hun and that the weather clears very soon sending chezzie hugs to keep you all warm (((((hugs))))) x x x x

Hi Susie, how's it going? Hope the snow hasn't knocked out your power x

Morning from Pioneer Woman HQ!

The snow continues to fall and last night the pipes froze! :eek: But will be OK, I'd stockpiled 6 litres so I still get my essential cup of Tetley Extra Strong tea in the morning :). And I've still got power and internet, and plenty of food for me and the cats in the cupboard and fridge.

The bad weather is forecast to keep going until Wednesday morning and the I'm hoping things will thaw out quickly - but for now showers consist of wet wipes and (cough) "ablutions" are using a bucket! (TMI? lol).

LATER - fear not kids the water is back on and I can use the loo again (phew, we all sigh :D). The pipes were frozen down the street but got sorted by lunchtime. Happy days.

Last edited:
Any sign of Tinsy's sister or is she bunkered down in the barn?
They sorted your water quickly, work faster than in UK! Perishing here and forecast 4ins of snow... Everything will come to a standstill no doubt!
I made the soup recipe that you posted a few days back, very nice X

aww glad your pipes are sorted out hun and glad your all nice and warm please do not send the snow this way x x x

Afternoon all

Tibbs - Tinsy (2) is doing well. She comes in for a feed morning and evening, and the rest of the time sits at the window mewling or in the barn. She's the only one I'm feeding at the moment - I'd love to feed them all but will run out of food in a few days so the older ones will just have to take care of themselves.

Re sorting the water - Italians know how to shout loudly if things don't go their way so I can imagine the neighbours all went ballistic about the water! It went off again last night but was back on by 10am this morning, and I'd stockpiled more anyway, so will be ok on that front. More snow is forecast for next week so am hoping we get some rain so the snow clears and I can get to the shops - right now the snow is about 3 feet deep in my driveway, which leads onto a small steep road which is also deep in snow so I can't get out at all.

I really hope you guys don't get anything like this - but stockpile the essentials, just in case! I'm using up all the fresh stuff first and found a bottle of egg white in the fridge this morning, past its use by date but smelt fine, so made four omelettes with pancetta, spinach, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella - so that saves using up eggs. Am out of bread but can make a low carb loaf, and with tinned and frozen I've got enough for about another 10 days.

Keep safe and warm, kids!

Goodness, you really do sound like you're in Pioneer Woman HQ:) Good job you're all stocked up. No sign of our snow yet, I don't think I want it either! Your omelette filling sounds lovely, the egg white sounds useful to have in.
Pleased to hear Tinsy2 is doing ok, what colour is she? X

She's a little black kitten, Tibbs, about 3-4 months old I think?

All fingers crossed, am waiting to hear from my friend so hopefully I can get to the shops this morning! :)

Hi susie
if i ever get stranded i want it be with you lolol i know i will get through it with your skills i hope you got to the shops and your all keeping warm and the snow goes soon for you send warm love and hugs to you all ((((hugs))) x x x x x

You're welcome any time Chezzie!!! :D

My friend is coming tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that happens - still all good on the food stocks but nearly out of ciggies and cat food, and don't want to wake up and find the cats chewing on my face in the night :D

Cals good today too -

B - omelette as above
L - instant mash with tuna, cheese and mustard - comfort food!
D - curried lentil and veg stew
S - Atkins bar, yogurt, an Options later
Total - 1,541

Am pleased that despite having to use whatever's in the cupboard, I've kept below my cal levels this week!

Later - for a very easy to assemble meal, I just threw a can of lentils and a can of chopped toms in the slow cooker, added half a leek, half a head of a small cauli, some water, tandoori curry powder and some raisins (added later) - and it was delish. Made two meals and each comes in at 274 cals for a big bowl.

Last edited:
hi Susie
hope you got some ciggies and some cat food i love how you just chuck things together but they come out amazing lolol

Hello, are you still snowed in? Hope you're ok x
PS: snow here overnight, no where near as bad as you though! X

afternoon susie hope your all keeping ok lovely and keeping warm it looks like we are going be hit tonight with bad storms i so feel for these people x x x

Back