Susie's 2022 campaign

Good idea putting your house on Airbnb, I think for most people it's the first stop for looking for somewhere to stay. We've used it a lot in Amsterdam and found a place so perfect I wish I hadn't given it such a good review as super hard to book now!
Handy that you've a friend keeping an eye on your house when you're not there rather than it just being left, also nice to still have it to go back for a hol. X

All sounding really positive Susie! If you could get some business on air bnb that sounds perfect, and having a holiday home - luxury!

Wow.....if you can afford it then keeping the house would be great. I don't know much about Italian areas and tourism, is it in a place that has a demand for holiday let's.

Yes Tipp there's quite a bit of tourism now - certainly a few holiday homes in the area but they are mostly on the expensive side - mine won't be LOLOL.

Well the bathroom isn't quite finished, I need new bath taps as the old ones had calcified - but what a difference three days' work and €450 has made already (as I already had the tiles, grout, cement and sink/basin, and someone gave me four mirror tiles). My friend the estate agent is coming round on Sunday to take proper pics of the whole house and load onto their website, so once it's live I'll post the link and you can all see my little hovel...errr...castle for yourselves :D.

Just been watching Jamie's 15 minute meals - sticky lamb chops - yum! TG I'd already had dinner (pasta with feta and roasted peppers, very nice) or else I'd be eating everything in the kitchen. I'm making lunch on Sunday so might try the chicken cacciatore dish https://sites.google.com/a/aglugofoil.com/a-glug-of-oil/jamie-s-15-minute-meals-chicken-cacciatore

Hi Susie :) Wow, I'm only away for a few months and so much has happened!! So glad that you're feeling happier now, it sounds like coming back to the UK is the right move and it's pretty cool you've still got a little holiday home to return to/rent out when you're not there. Can't wait to see some pics of it!! X

Hi Susie :) Wow, I'm only away for a few months and so much has happened!! So glad that you're feeling happier now, it sounds like coming back to the UK is the right move and it's pretty cool you've still got a little holiday home to return to/rent out when you're not there. Can't wait to see some pics of it!! X

Hey Lil Miss good to see you back :). Yep I am really happy about coming back, funny the things I've missed - most of it food! :D

Well, I'm not feeling the love today, got some sort of lurgy, just want to sleeeeeeep. Had 12 hours last night, then another two on the sofa this afternoon, but have been popping turmeric and oregano oil, so hopefully I'll feel a bit brighter tomorrow. Got a very busy weekend - the lads are coming round tomorrow to move furniture and strim the grass (it's like a jungle out there!), then dinner out. On Sunday my agent friend is round, so I'll have to really clean up the place before the pics. The mirror tiles in the bathroom will have to come down, two of them have a stain from the plaster coming through - but I have another mirror I can get my handyman guy to put up instead, so no biggie.

But things are starting to line up ok. Just heard from my tenants, they will move out and clean up my London flat on the 19th so everything will be sparkling clean for me on the 23rd. I'm also going to order a Three sim for my phone which will be waiting for me when I arrive - such a good deal, 100gb data etc for £25 a month, which means I can just tether my laptop to it and not have to get the landline reinstalled and get Sky etc, so a saving there yaye.

Aww just got a lovely FB message from the loveliest lady. She runs a restaurant called Civico 20 in a mountain town called Roccascalegna, and we got on so well when I've been there. She's interested in some of the for sale items and is coming by on Sunday yaye.

I forget sometimes how many friends I've made here and it would be so sad not to see them again, so the more I think about it, the more happy I am to keep the house and use it as a holiday home. I'll have a bit of money coming in next July and can do the landscaping then, and finish everything off. Plus I can leave more stuff here! :rolleyes:

Hello Suzie, just popped in to see how you are..all seems to be going really well for you X

Ahoy me hearties! Sorry to be awol for a bit but it has been a real rollercoaster here emotion-wise - not been sleeping great and feeling like doing SFA as a result.

Had another viewing on the house yesterday, but I don't think they'll offer - and in the meantime I've decided to take a bit more furniture back with me. I know what I'm like, great plans to come over regularly - but I just know that won't happen, and in the meantime I'll be living in a flat with no sofa etc - so back it comes, and I will **** the house up properly and get the utilities switched off. What I leave will be stuff I don't want or need, so I won't have to worry about it.

Am now starting to check out job boards and thinking about applying for a few things. And the packing will start slowly next week, got a load of boxes delivered yesterday - but thanks to my major declutter, there's not too much rubbish to sort out.

All great progress Susie, and good on you for thinking realistically about the future.

Good luck job hunting! I'm checking the job boards too for my return after mat leave x

Yep got to be realistic about it all, I only really get one shot at deciding what to take with me.

Well another awful night's sleep, even with herbal sleepy stuff - although it doesn't help that I have an afternoon zzz (mainly because I'm so knackered) - will do my best to resist one today!

Hello Suzie, not surprised you're having trouble sleeping as it's another big step..even though it's one you know is best for you. Having to say goodbye to the friends you've made will be upsetting but just think of all the lovely friends you left in London that you'll be catching up with..what a whirl you'll be having. I'm terrible when a big move is on the horizon, the build up prays heavy on the mind, there's always the have I made the right decision moment as the day gets nearer but once that day is there and you're off that gets left behind and the next stage of the adventure starts.
Think it's a good idea taking anything you'd regret not having with you in London, may as well have it rather than wishing you did:) sending you big hugs sis X

Hey Susie, just touching base with you again after my Scottish adventure. I hope the sleeping sorts itself out for you. I'm not surprised you've been struggling with so much going on. Still, not long now until the move. Plus, you sound as though you've got most things in order, including sorting the bathroom out. Just all the farewell get-to-gethers to attend now. :D X

Hey ladies, thanks for the lovely comments! :)

Just cleaned up after a lunch for 5 - some friends over from the UK, who joined friends and I here at Chez Susie. Four gay men and me, so it took about 20 seconds for the conversation to move onto "who's on Grindr". I've seen the pictures, my eyes are still bleeding :D. But lots of laughs, and I made a nice tomato pasta with spicy salami, pancetta and olives.

Still exhausted, my eyelids are drooping as I type, so an early one for me tonight. Starting tomorrow, the packing commences! xxx

Evening all!

Had a very lazy day but I have accomplished one thing woohoo. I found a little notebook so have put in all the days until I go, and put at least one activity next to them, plus will add more jobs as I think of them - so I'm feeling very organised as a result :D.

After much umming and ahhing I think I'm going to close the house up after all. I just want things to be simple - and any house viewings will take place during the day anyway, so they won't need electricity :).

Also had a good long chat with the lads yesterday about where I live once I sell London - and we've settled (for now) on Peterlee Villages in County Durham (a series of villages but not too far from bigger centres) - affordable, not too remote (like West Cumbria, I think I've been talked out of that one), allegedly not too chavvie, and pretty countryside. Anyone know the area?

Hello Suzie, are you an avid list maker like me? I love finding a fresh note book to start a plan of attack:D
Many years ago I used to paraglide at Peterlee, people were all ok that I met. I don't think I'd class it as village. The area (and the one I live in) used to be pit areas made up of villages and are still known as that though have expanded. You"ll find people up North are friendly and easy to get on with. For the life of me I could not live in Cumbria, pretty but far too quiet for me... I need people that talk to you.
Ooo if you move there you're only a drive away from me..those tribute nights at the club with me & my sister could be on the cards.:) X

Back