Susie's 2022 campaign

I've just remembered you posted your email, so I'll look back for it and email you. Out of action at the minute courtesy of carrageenan and aching like crazy!
What's Fareshare? Is it a food bank? Have to go and collapse now:D catch you later X

No it's a food redistribution charity - they get millions of tonnes of food each year from supermarkets and food producers and redistribute it to charities which serve meals as part of what they do - community centres, kids brekkie clubs, domestic violence refuges, etc. We also give food to food banks.

Morning all - woke this morning to the sad news that one of my closest Abruzzo friends has passed away :(. A lovely lady, only 66 - so feeling a bit low today...

Last edited:
Thanks ladies - I can't believe it really, we had lunch and a long natter the day i left to come back to the UK, and were making plans to meet up here in the New Year.

Hitting me hard today, so I won't linger - but it really shows how important it is to live every day to the full xxx

Morning all

I'm back at work and it's lovely to have something distract me from my friend - and it's Day 1 of CCing, at 1900 a day for now. Is that too high? I also weighed in and am horrifingly back to my heaviest of 334lbs, so no wonder my knees are killing me.

I slept badly and didn't make my green/fruit smoothie - but have brought the fruit with me. We have lunch club on Mondays and I had great plans for a cauli rice mix - but froze the rice and it has gone all gluggy! I've brought it anyway, added toasted pine nuts, ginger, garlic, onion, peas and mushrooms - and hopefully it'll be edible. We can't eat at our desks anymore, which is a pain, especially if you just want to chew on an apple while typing! Anyhoo, I'm not very organised but there's no time like the present, so here's today's rough plan -

B - Pret Chicken Caesar & Bacon Artisan Baguette (oops) - 600
L - Cauli Rice Surprise, 1 serving 215 - will have something else but not sure what on offer - extra generic cals 300 (515)
D - Thai green curry and sugar snap peas (369)
W - green tea x 2, cup of tea
S - red grapefruit, apple, banana (277)
Total - 1,821

Looks good, what do you mean by a lunch club...is it like american pot luck?

I'd hate not being able to eat at my desk - although I suppose it would prevent any sneaky snacking.

at 1900 a day for now. Is that too high?

Didya check or did you just pick a number LadyF? You know I don't think it's too high!
https://tdeecalculator.net/

Double check.
  • TDEE -500 = 1lb per week
  • TDEE - 750 = 1.5lb per week
  • TDEE -1000 = 2lb per week
Don't go below BMR. Easy Peasy.

Looks good, what do you mean by a lunch club...is it like american pot luck?

Yes, but turns out it's postponed until tomorrow so i had a chicken flatbread sarnie - 340 - and an apple.

Didya check or did you just pick a number LadyF? You know I don't think it's too high!
https://tdeecalculator.net/ Double check.
  • TDEE -500 = 1lb per week
  • TDEE - 750 = 1.5lb per week
  • TDEE -1000 = 2lb per week
Thanks Stackie - according to that, maintenance cals are 2,489 - so to lose 2lbs a week it's 1,489 eeek!

thinking of you. Sorry about your friend

Eat the amount of calories you can stick to. 1500 sounds quite low at this stage, but it depends on whether you're going to be more motivated by higher weekly losses, or the ability to eat more x

Morning all

Disastrous evening foodwise, ate dinner (S'burys beef in wine with potato gratin) which was tasty but left me still hungry, so I had a cheese layered salad and then 6 wafers!

Oh well, up a bit earlier today so i can make brekkie -

B - smoothie - kale, spinach, apple, banana, ginger, ACV, lemon juice + 50g sultana bran and Alpro passionfruit yogurt
L - lunch club - so cauli rice surprise and 300 generic cals
D - Glorious cauli, chickpea and turmeric soup + 2 pieces brown bread toasted
Total - 1,427 - leaves some room for snacks later

So, a nice healthy day with lots of F&Vs - let's see if i stick to it! Have a good one, all xx

Last edited:
Whats your BMR number? http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

1400 does seem low, but like buffy says, it's always a toss up between speedy loss vs sustainability. I've never gone for the 2lb per week loss number because I wouldn't be able to keep going for long. If you can manage on 1400 AND it's above your BMR then go for it but give yourself a calorie range to aim for rather than a strict goal e.g. 1450-2000

Back